Anyone got any other hobbies?
(01-12-2019, 11:46 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: As mentioned in an earlier response, one of my hobbies is woodworking and another is cooking, so as a combination of the two, I built me a cold smoker over the last 2 days to be able to cold smoke sausage, pork bellies for bacon, salmon and anything else my mind can come up with.

I've been wanting to build one for a while now and since I had all the material lying around in the shop, I got busy with it. It is 4 ft. tall by 2 ft. wide and 15 inches deep. I put in bracing for 3 large wire shelves that I can lay the product on to smoke. For the smoke box I used an old 5 gallon propane tank that I cut a hole in the top of so the smoke can travel by a piece of metal pipe from a few feet away to the cold smoker. I also drilled several holes in the base of the old tank and cut an access door in the side so I can light my coals and lay my wood chips on top to produce the smoke for curing.

The object of a cold smoker is to cure and not cook the meat, so temperatures should not exceed 100 degrees F and preferably in the 80-90 degree F range for long term smoking. For instance, whole pork bellies will take between 12-15 hours to cure to be used for bacon.

That sounds interesting and delicious! I'd love to see some pictures gumbo.
Liberal heathen

One of mine lol
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Stem Target Vision Flights
Current Av : 57
Best Av (Singles) : 82
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2016 : 50+
180s Comp 2016 : 2 
150s Practice : 2