Consistent inconsistency?
(05-12-2018, 06:03 PM)Baloos Wrote: Good points but for me I can't be consistent throwing from a static position. I move/waggle my dart back and forth 3 times and throwing on the 3rd. I've tried from a still position many times as I know it takes practice but I've never been able to master it. I would love to throw like the pros, just one smooth motion of bringing the dart up,aim and throw but it's too dangerous for the other household members...hahaha. Thanks for the tips though..will put them to use.

Hi Baloos,

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing but I suspect you developed this habit early on and this is a very common thing I see.

However like most habits it can be remedied it’s mind over matter and you should persist IF this trait is giving you variable accuracy.

I think after watching players with a similar habit to yourself that, whilst it’s function serves no purpose it’s become part of a rhythm ritual. Ask yourself when aiming why you need to reset the aim 3 times every time. Maybe try saying to yourself  “ready aim fire” or 1 2 3 instead of moving the dart back and forth 3 times. 
I suggest that if you took this extra time statically, aiming deeply at the target you may then get out of the habit. There’s a big difference between seeing and looking like hearing and listening when the latter in each case requires much more intensity.

As a I said though earlier, if you’re generally happy with your results who am I to say otherwise.

Good luck

Regards
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(05-12-2018, 11:17 PM)Dorian Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 06:03 PM)Baloos Wrote: Good points but for me I can't be consistent throwing from a static position. I move/waggle my dart back and forth 3 times and throwing on the 3rd. I've tried from a still position many times as I know it takes practice but I've never been able to master it. I would love to throw like the pros, just one smooth motion of bringing the dart up,aim and throw but it's too dangerous for the other household members...hahaha. Thanks for the tips though..will put them to use.

Hi Baloos,

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing but I suspect you developed this habit early on and this is a very common thing I see.

However like most habits it can be remedied it’s mind over matter and you should persist IF this trait is giving you variable accuracy.

I think after watching players with a similar habit to yourself that, whilst it’s function serves no purpose it’s become part of a rhythm ritual. Ask yourself when aiming why you need to reset the aim 3 times every time. Maybe try saying to yourself  “ready aim fire” or 1 2 3 instead of moving the dart back and forth 3 times. 
I suggest that if you took this extra time statically, aiming deeply at the target you may then get out of the habit. There’s a big difference between seeing and looking like hearing and listening when the latter in each case requires much more intensity.

As a I said though earlier, if you’re generally happy with your results who am I to say otherwise.

Good luck

Regards
Hey Dorian, I really can't say when I developed that waggle thingy...threw 20 some years ago before a loooong break and I can't remember if I did it back then but I also threw from the side of my head (Jedi Style)  back then. I just got back into darts cause I was asked to join a soft tip Cricket league so I had to get it back quick..which I haven't done....lol..and this is probably when I started the waggle....the Jedi aiming takes a lot of practice and trust. I'm just trying to do my best til league is over..1 more week. Then it's time to take a step back, review everything and go on from there. I want to get back into steel tip so I have work to do. Anyway,got off track there, if I start from a dead stop I tend to push the dart off target to one side then usually to the other side trying to correct. It does take practice and will be a part of my routine. Thanks for the help and I'll be posting my progress and problems on the forum as you all have helped me tremendously (sp) before. This  is a great sport and very addicting...Thanks again....shoot well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Developing a consistent throw Roberts7286 4 1,965 01-31-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: JDinMD
  consistent but not accurate ThomasEdwards180 3 725 09-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: repat
  Regarding consistent grip JayPro 1 924 05-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy
  I cant seem to get consistent Stevepredator 18 3,396 11-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Last Post: Nucky