common throwing problems and how to fix them
Pointing the dart upwards definatly help alot and quite wasy to get used to.
Great tips. New guy here and like the site already. Is there a place to upload videos. Don't know if would help you identify the problems of someone's game or not.
Great posts,

Read it carefully and most of the issues I corrected, few of them are still to be sorted out, it's good to have this post sticky so people can come back and re-read what they might be wrong.
Thank you very much for taking time to write this down.
Cheers
+1
Excellent insight about the mechanics of darts. Of course, this now means I have a bunch more aspects to over analyze
This seems like some good stuff, right now I'm in a place where I am thinking a lot about every aspect of my throw, and because of that I've regressed a bit from when I was just doing everything instinctively. My biggest problem is probably elbow placement. It's difficult for me to keep the elbow in the same place every time, especially on lower numbers. I guess I will try to be more conscious and as you say maybe focus on the velocity and keep the elbow in the same place or move it and keep the same velocity.
I feel like I should read this before every practice. Excellent article....Thank You
Nice article! Gives me plenty to work on during practice
Tnx, great tips. For me as i am a absolute rookie this is giving me great tips on how to learn to create a consistence motion and trow.
Great pointers, will take them into practice. Thanks for the advice!
(05-05-2017, 06:54 PM)Dazza1980 Wrote: Hi all I really don't mean to sound stupid but I noticed that I throw my darts quite hard because I find it difficult maintaining the same arch every single throw so I thought if I throw the quite hard there's less time for them to via away from the target. Is this the wrong thing to be doing?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I heard MvG say EXACTLY this the other day. He throws them hard as it gives them less time to deviate. To a degree it is whatever works for you however you have to get the mechanics right to give yourself the best chance

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Heart Heart

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throwing problems/elbow Daniel 3 585 10-03-2018, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Daniel
  Boards-steel vs soft problems Baloos 12 725 05-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  A lot of problems B3NC4V3 2 301 02-20-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: B3NC4V3
  Problems with grip and release LionCityDarter 14 3,637 01-30-2018, 09:06 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Stance problems Troll 9 2,977 01-30-2018, 04:27 AM
  Problems with aiming Stefan Gusko 11 1,391 01-30-2018, 04:13 AM
  Elbow/shoulder problems caused by throwing darts Flight Tenor 4 1,490 06-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Help!! :) Problems with posts Matjes 2 330 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Matjes
  First World Dart Problems - Technique Rybro 3 1,500 03-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Last Post: LionCityDarter
  flight/shaft combo problems trekbowl300 6 2,102 02-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: nonregistered