Gladiator III to the US?
This is true, I would still pay the difference for the G3 as I found the B5 too soft.
Bought 2 B5 from Argos and sold them quickly. Don’t even want to think how much softer the B5DC would be.
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(12-26-2017, 05:18 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Ok, as I'm still new to the whole home Dart Board thing this go round in the Dart world (I played everywhere else but at home before), why is harder better? Longer lasting perhaps? From my research, before I purchased the B5DC, the Gladiator was only "slightly" harder than the Blades, but now I'm starting to see and hear that it's much harder than the Blades. So I take it that harder means better longevity, but more bounce outs? You guys make it seem like the B5DC is a lousey Dart Board and everywhere else it's in the top three rankings of current Dart Boards. Would you mind giving me a brief lesson on this? Smile
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-26-2017, 06:01 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes harder = longer lasting usually. Also with a Blade I always ruined my beloved Tridents because the barrel went in so deep they got cut up by the spider. Blade 5 is definitely one of the top boards and it mainly comes down to personal preference. Can't really go wrong with either a Blade or Gladiator.
Thanks for the info Joe. Much appreciated.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
The B5 & B5DC are far superior to anything from Unicorn, I just found my Darts were in up to the barrel.
Don’t get that with the ONE80 boards and no veins or colour bleeding.
Would never turn my nose up at a Winmau board but G2/3 are
My choice.
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(12-26-2017, 06:48 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Oh okay, thanks for the info. I do believe I made the right choice in getting the B5DC because before I purchased my GB2 I was also using my Soft Tips on it (I ocasionally still do), so "hard" wouldn't have been a good choice for me. Now with two boards my throwing time on each Dart Board is cut in half so I'm hoping I won't have a problem with them lasting. I shall see.  Smile
(12-26-2017, 06:01 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I'll give you my take on this as I've owned and played on several different boards from a few of the top manufacturers.   I've owned and played on Winmau ever since the 80's, have owned and played on 3 different Alien boards and now have a Gladiator II set up, along with an Alien in my man cave.

If your aim is to have a quiet dart board as to not disturb folks in the house if playing at an odd hour, I have found the Blade 5 DC to be the quietest.   Next were the Alien and Gladiator II as I could not discern much difference when the darts entered the board.    The loudest thud was from my Winmau earlier edition boards like the Blade 3 and 4's.  Now for the disclaimer.   A lot of the noise associated with throwing darts comes down to how the board is mounted to your wall.   I make my own backboards and cover them in thick carpet and this help muffle the noise of the darts striking the board.   if you mount a board directly to a wall and use a surround to protect the wall, the noise level will be louder no matter what board is used.

If a board "healing" is one of your requirements, then hands down, the Alien heals the best of the lot in my opinion.  By healing, I mean once you pull your darts out the board and stop play, the holes close up overnight in most cases.   I've found the Winmau to be the least quick to heal, if they heal at all.

I find all these boards hold up well under normal use and rotation.   However, I do find the Alien and Gladiator II boards to be brighter in the light areas as opposed to the Winmau that tends to have a slightly yellow light area and some marbling in the sisal.
(12-26-2017, 07:00 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks for the input Gumbo. Yes, I have my Dart Boards mounted to a Backboard and the noise level isn't a concern. I also went with the B5DC because the light area didn't have the yellowish and marbling effect in the sisal like the reg B5. Thanks again.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3+ Phil McKeown 15 349 12-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: thurgood107
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 1,542 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,368 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 1,136 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Gladiator III First Impressions codo180 31 2,288 05-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 4,213 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 761 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,343 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 1,017 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Should I get a Gladiator II? MadMike4 8 1,688 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: The G