Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review
I've had my Blade 5 for over a month and I do love it!
The post I'm replying to is a year old, but my experience is soft tips on a bristle board works ok, but I always have more darts on the floor; I think they just don't stick after any slight deflection from another dart. I much prefer to use a light set of conversion points.
(12-10-2018, 06:16 PM)holmesness Wrote: I've had my Blade 5 for over a month and I do love it!
The post I'm replying to is a year old, but my experience is soft tips on a bristle board works ok, but I always have more darts on the floor; I think they just don't stick after any slight deflection from another dart. I much prefer to use a light set of conversion points.

I agree. I like that fact my Blade 5 Dual Core is a little softer so my Soft Tip Darts (Daytona Fire JP02's) with L-style Carbon HardLip Conversion Points have no problems penetrating.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-10-2018, 07:57 PM)Spencerdl Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 06:16 PM)holmesness Wrote: I've had my Blade 5 for over a month and I do love it!
The post I'm replying to is a year old, but my experience is soft tips on a bristle board works ok, but I always have more darts on the floor; I think they just don't stick after any slight deflection from another dart.  I much prefer to use a light set of conversion points.

I agree. I like that fact my Blade 5 Dual Core is a little softer so my Soft Tip Darts (Daytona Fire JP02's) with L-style Carbon HardLip Conversion Points have no problems penetrating.

Nice looking darts!  In the review thread of various points, the original poster complained that the L-Style tips wore out and darkened his board, similar to a pencil lead.  Have you noticed any issue?  
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8862
Good review...very helpful indeed..Thanks
love my blade 5 DC had it almost a week,after practice i prod round the holes to cover the sisal
especially round the single 5 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 intermediate
FLIGHTS-Crafty Cockney
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HA'WAY THE TOON  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-11-2018, 01:46 PM)holmesness Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 07:57 PM)Spencerdl Wrote:
The post I'm replying to is a year old, but my experience is soft tips on a bristle board works ok, but I always have more darts on the floor; I think they just don't stick after any slight deflection from another dart.  I much prefer to use a light set of conversion points.

Nice looking darts!  In the review thread of various points, the original poster complained that the L-Style tips wore out and darkened his board, similar to a pencil lead.  Have you noticed any issue?  
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=8862

Thanks. The L-style HardLip Carbon Conversion points do wear out quicker that most but maintains the weight and balance of the overall Dart set better that most other conversion points IMHO. I haven't noticed any issues with darkening or changing my Sisal Dart Board color, nor have I had more than a normal amount of bounce outs with them.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Darts Samurai 2 Dartboard Review Getagrip 23 684 01-21-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Gladiator 3+ Dartboard Product Update Review Getagrip 7 303 12-15-2020, 10:55 AM
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 136 53,894 04-28-2020, 11:47 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 78 39,668 04-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 69 34,276 01-30-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Chappers
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 134 70,747 01-15-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Palmi
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 121,933 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,774 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 50,884 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 128 155,713 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out