DIY - cheap alternative 360° lighting system
Thats just awesome, total out of the box thinking and an easy +1
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Nice job! I found some cheap rims online, may give it a go.
[Image: tyz4I8I.png]

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

How far out from the surround is the rim? Thinking of brackets similar to what is used on the Vision 360, but with magnets to attach to the sides of the board. It will be interesting to see how the Corona is attached.
[Image: tyz4I8I.png]

Match Setup: 23g Target Keith Deller
w/30mm Grooved Storm Points, Cosmo Fit Carbon Slim #3 Spin, Fit Kite Flights

That is exactly what I'm working on for my darting den - - bicylcle wheel for the leds . Genius, and you saved me some experimenting. Thanks!
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Superb work! Compliments and thanks for sharing!
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

[Image: 27109455994_c22fa3b697_c.jpg]
Great idea
(03-05-2017, 08:25 PM)repat Wrote: How far out from the surround is the rim?  Thinking of brackets similar to what is used on the Vision 360, but with magnets to attach to the sides of the board.  It will be interesting to see how the Corona is attached.

The distance between surround and rim is 10,5 cm / 4,13 inch. I have read that others prefer a distance of at least 15 cm / 5,91 inch.

But because of the nice beam angle with the rim-solution, i could closer to the board and its still shadowfree...and i don't have that strange feeling like throwing through a ring.
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
That's really well done. +1 from me. I recently bought some leds but was struggling with how to mount them. Unfortunately I just recently threw my sons old bike in the dump, could have used that rim.
(03-05-2017, 08:25 PM)repat Wrote: How far out from the surround is the rim?  Thinking of brackets similar to what is used on the Vision 360, but with magnets to attach to the sides of the board.  It will be interesting to see how the Corona is attached.

I forgot the second aspect of your posting Blush

In my first draw i thought of a solution with magnets too. In fact i have here a few (really strong) neodymium magnets, but until now i couldnt find a pleasing solution.

Probably i will construct a bracket that fits in the silver part of my dart stand below...

[Image: 20170306_135557.jpg]

But under the premise as cheap as possible i had just done the necessary stuff Cool

If you construct something with magnets, i would love to see it here in the forum.
Great idea. Made one with a child's Hula hoop couple of months ago. Needs some tweaking but doing the job for now. Love making things myself,gives you great feeling of self satisfaction. Pity it doesn't improve my darts lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Nice Pew.
I also build one out of a plastic HulaHoop. It is not so heavy. The bracket is an aluminium bar, 100cm x 1,5cm x 0,2cm, cutted into 25cm parts and bended. Then, drilled 8mm holes in it, where it sits on the outer ring of the dartboard. Pressed some powermagnets with 8mm diameter into the holes and if they are to weak, put some more on top of those, who are in the holes.
costs: 8€ hulahoop, 2€ aluminum bar, 20€ led, 4€ powermagnets
Distance about 13cm from the board
Only have three brackets cause it is so lightweighted
Disadvantage: you have to cut the hulahoop into two parts... a dirty job
aluminium cutting, bending and drilling is easy against it
ah. Nearly forgot. Had to paint the hulahoop before, that nothing shines through. Easy. Black spraycan. about 1€...
Photo 
Hula hoop for me as well.  Used a spare carpet tile with black backing, cut in a circle, to protect the hoop and also hide the light from the thrower.  Got a couple of curtain rail brackets which sit between the board and the surround to hold it in place.  Here it is in action at my kids school fair.  I also enjoy trying to find a way to make something that works well, but not necessarily spend a fortune doing it.

But gotta say, that wheel rim is absolute genius!!!
Excellent job Pew, looks great and very professional
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Fantastic idea, what did you use to glue the led strip light to the bicycle rim?
(04-02-2017, 10:56 AM)Jhat Wrote: Fantastic idea, what did you use to glue the led strip light to the bicycle rim?

Thanks. First i used nothing. The LED stripe is "self-adhesive", but... not really Dodgy

Finally, i fixed it with Pattex super glue.