RELAX Your Throwing Style
Great post with the exception of referring to John Lowe as "J-lo"
Its an inspiring article. Thanks. Plus1
I'm not so called, a real darts nut!!
(04-09-2014, 04:03 PM)USMC80 Wrote: Great post with the exception of referring to John Lowe as "J-lo"

You are right.....corrected.

P.S .Totally respect your career having worked with a number of USMC in the Middle East a lifetime ago.

Cheers,
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

I love Barneys throw, tried this a few times myself trying to perfect the lazy darts technique. Nothing worse than throwing when tense.

+1 from me
well said, I know I need to relax when I throw, it would probably help a lot.
there has been times at the line when I am throwing I hear everyones two cents. then a good friend of mine says, do you know what your doing wrong? no I reply, and he says your forgetting to breathe
Well said skewthrow, very good point indeed, I too take a few deep breaths before I get to the oche and especially between throws.

Thanks
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(04-09-2014, 09:13 PM)Dorian Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 04:03 PM)USMC80 Wrote: Great post with the exception of referring to John Lowe as "J-lo"

You are right.....corrected.

P.S .Totally respect your career having worked with a number of USMC in the Middle East a lifetime ago.

Cheers,

Thank you sir :hatrick:
(09-11-2013, 10:29 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: ...

This is a good one to use on your wife or girlfriend if you want a slap in the face, tell them to try and throw the dart without making the fat on there arms wobble. lol

Oh and D, they are still coming lol

+1 for this one, made me laugh and I might give it a go from safe distance to avoid the slap ;-)
Yep you're right Titanic...if ever you get 'that sinking feeling'.... Dirty G pops up with his twist on things.... he is a very funny guy and know his stuff too, he certainly has a great practical knowledge about darts and equipment.

By the way the in case you were wondering the 'G' stands for Giuseppe not Gump ....he's definitely the 'Maverick' here on Dartsnutz.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

It has happened way too many times (since I started a few months ago)to be coincedence. I am fiddling with different flights and step to the oche to test them out, not even bothering to come to a stop or aim, and I whizz them right into the bull. Only problem is this only happens when I don't think about it. I can't duplicate it on purpose. However, if I concentrate on the mechanics hard enough, insuring that my arm is plumb and I release and follow through over the top and to the target. I can duplicate it. Normally a lazy throw from me is an erratic throw. So I am going to keep focusing on mechanics until my arm learns to do it on its own. At that point my hand-eye coordination can let me pick which spot in the treble I want to hit. Then I'll give old Phil Taylor a ring and tell him that I have his game and if he wants it back he has to come and get it. yeah, I'm a dreamer.
[Image: BJ8F7UG.png]

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...