How to stop your stems coming loose a short video
Brick 
As I often get this question a lot!  I thought I would make a short video on how to stop your stems/shafts getting loose, hope its useful for newbies Smile

If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Good one. Now let us see how long it takes before the alu-bashers start posting Big Grin
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Straightforward and simple insight Darren, now wheres Larry ? LOL
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I'll start it off, the easiest fix is dont buy metal stems lol
Stems provided by Saber Lol
may all the doubles be with you

Cheers and yes you could just not buy alloy stems but a lot still do and a lot still like them but I have even seen people doing such things with their nylon stems.

But amazingly I have seen comments from people saying they thought their darts were faulty when the stem worked loose so they bought some new darts!!!!????
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great video mate.

I have noticed that Unicorn Darts with Aluminum stems tend to come with O Rings. (I have the Huybrechts)

I wish Red Dragon would follow suit as most of the range arrive with aluminum stems.
Quite surprising how many people experience loose "allys" yet still MOST manufacturers don't supply rubber rings, I feel it should be standard with "supplied" ally stems,

Don't use then myself other than playing ( messing) around with my Lowes as they just look better with ally sliksticks,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
(02-21-2017, 12:29 PM)BritpopCam Wrote: Great video mate.

I have noticed that Unicorn Darts with Aluminum stems tend to come with O Rings. (I have the Huybrechts)

I wish Red Dragon would follow suit as most of the range arrive with aluminum stems.

Thanks! Yeah Unicorn usually supply the O-Rings which is good Smile

(02-21-2017, 01:35 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: Quite surprising how many people experience loose "allys" yet still MOST manufacturers don't supply rubber rings, I feel it should be standard with "supplied" ally stems,

Don't use then myself other than playing ( messing) around with my Lowes as they just look better with ally sliksticks,

I think your right, they should come with them, its not a major expense so why not?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice vid but my advice - Never ever use  aluminum stems they are the worst thing ever perpetrated upon the unwary darting public. Now Dura- aluminum is different but all aluminum SUCKS Lol
Did I say aluminum sucks? I meant really SUCKS Tongue
you luv it!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-21-2017, 05:06 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Did I say aluminum sucks? I meant really SUCKS Tongue

At the risk of being controversial Im with Saber on this !!
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I almost forgot how it always amazes me when I see that players don't know about need of o rings when using metal stems. I must have put hundreds o rings on these metal stems or conversion points and never had a problem while doing it. I don't even use the apllicators etc. because the first (and last) time I was using it back in 1999 the o ring burst... It needs a bit of practice, good eyes and patience, I admit, but once you have this, it is a matter of two seconds to put one o ring on.

It's good to know you can use anything else like paper or plastic accessories bags if you need to use new stems and you don't have any o rings around but other than that I can't see any reason why not to buy a bag of o rings and use this and anything else.

Mind there are thicker o rings like Harrows or Designa ones and thinner ones like the one from Target. It is good to have both types at the hand because you can find your stems not being able to fully screw in the barrels or there may be a bigger gap and o rings don't work well then.