Cosmo Fit Flight System review
I played 2 legs of 3001 last night using Fit flight non air pear shape, or whatever they call them. I was checking out my darts this morning and noticed they were all bashed to crap and split in 2 places. I'm so thankful I use small flights that don't tear underneath. You couldn't pay me to use these flights or standards. LARGE FORMED FLIGHTS SUCK!!! Not worth the package they come in imo. That makes it 2 for 2 for me. I bashed Harrows Clic's within 20 minutes and now these.

Broken link(s) removed
I don't get it, I thought you loved Cosmos?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(05-18-2015, 01:52 AM)Cyanide Wrote: I played 2 legs of 3001 last night using Fit flight non air pear shape, or whatever they call them. I was checking out my darts this morning and noticed they were all bashed to crap and split in 2 places. I'm so thankful I use small flights that don't tear underneath. You couldn't pay me to use these flights or standards. LARGE FORMED FLIGHTS SUCK!!! Not worth the package they come in imo. That makes it 2 for 2 for me. I bashed Harrows Clic's within 20 minutes and now these.

Not quite sure what you're saying here Cy. Are you liking or disliking these pear/teardrop flight? And do you use them Spinning or Locked?
Dabbler and over thinker...
Just outside Montreal

Current darts: Winmau Sniper 18g barrels; Lippoint plastic tips; #4 Fit Spinning shafts and Fit Super Shape flights
Home board: Blade 4 (playing with soft tips)
Discipline: Flight School
I LOVE Cosmo's. But I use the small superkites.There is no potential for them to tear. They last me for months and months. In fact, I have yet to damage one at all. But.... it's my opinion that any sort of larger formed flight will tear on the underside rather quickly. I just demo'd these pear flights out of boredom and they didn't last 1/2 hour. At $7 per set that can get kind of expensive. Love love the superkites though. 1 set of the non airs could last me upwards of a year!!! That's quite awesome really. Smile
i totally agree with you Cy. I brought two sets of standard flights (one Air and one Normal) and used them with my 22g O'shea darts fitted with smooth storms. i also used spinning stems with the thicker cosmo's. however i split 3 flights (one standard and 2 air's) in one 2 hour session. now the o'shea darts are not heavy, have a very light grip pattern and had storms. I even sanded the edges after the first rip but to no avail. with the same darts a set of normal 100 micron flights were lasting me well over a week, and that was using fixed nylon stems. and obviously i did not have to mess around sanding flights (which to me clearly shows there is a design fault with the flights or moulding for the flights). on top of all this, i was not convinced that my darts really flew any better. i can see the attraction of them (which is why i tried them) and i love the concept, but like you i think for steel tip darts the larger flights do not work.
I think it's partly luck how long your Cosmos will last my first set i got were standards they chewed up within a week but i thought i'd still give them a try put another set on been well over 2 1/2 months and there fine, 2 weeks ago threw some pears on just after a chat in the shoutbox with locked shafts they got chewed up some but not alot
I think the sanding the flight thing really might matter, so maybe its good to do more than just a quick little rub on each flight. I had a few sets that lasted me months and months, swapped between sets of darts. One finally tore so I swapped a new one in, and they are all still going well. I wanted to try a different setup on some different darts so I just grabbed a new set of stems and a brand new set of flights, didnt sand them at all. I think it might have been my first throw that ripped one of the flights. It was a really small tear so I pressed it back flat, but it caught on almost every throw for the next few throws and the tear grew. I had to throw that flight away so it lasted maybe 2 minutes. I replaced it with another new one and sanded all the edges of all the flights, played all night Friday and a good amount over the weekend with no other problems (besides breaking a cosmo stem).

In my mind I kinda go back and forth between whether a large formed flight is a disadvantage. I wont use the air because the warp and curl, maybe because I use larger flights Im not sure (kites warped for me too). The large regular cosmos dont squish in a tight grouping, but the flights hit and the points of the darts get sucked together. Regular flights squish but dont do as much of the grouping of the points because the flights have some give in them. After using both of them for quite a while I cant say one works better than the other, but I really like how cosmo flights always stay perfect at 90 degrees.
What if you can only use standards?

Tongue
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Then use standards Grip lol
Just dug some of my Cosmo stuff out to try with my Carreras. I think I've seen the light. Big Grin

I'm trying the size 5 spinning gear with kite flights and I love them right now. I seem to go on and off spinners though, sometimes I like 'em, sometimes I don't. I might full well go back to a conventional setup soon (was actually thinking of getting some custom flights done by Red Dragon Exclamation ) but I like what I have now.
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I read here that the carbon cosmo are a tiny bit thicker so the flights dont spin as easy, which Im looking forward too. I like to use spinners with a thin piece of whatever inside, to almost or completely lock the flight.

jo$handaz, if you are using intermediate progrip stems, I think the #4 cosmo are a tiny bit longer. #3 should be a closer match.
Those are Short ones Dmott. Don't know what mm that translates to but I know they're that much.
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
#5 are pretty the same length as a medium unicorn gripper
#2 is short, #3 is intermediate, #4 is intermediate long, and #5 is medium.

A Quick Guide to these stems are as follows:
Cosmo Size and Description Full Size inc Standard Flight Equivalent Nylon Shaft
42mm - Mega Long Total - 85mm
38mm - Extra Long Total - 81mm
35mm - Long Total - 78mm
31mm - Medium Total - 74mm Medium
28mm - Inbetween Long Total - 71mm
23mm - Inbetween Total - 66mm Tweenie
18mm - Short Total - 61mm Short
13mm - Extra Short Total - 56mm Extra Short
(05-18-2015, 05:43 PM)Dmott Wrote: I think the sanding the flight thing really might matter, so maybe its good to do more than just a quick little rub on each flight. I had a few sets that lasted me months and months, swapped between sets of darts. One finally tore so I swapped a new one in, and they are all still going well. I wanted to try a different setup on some different darts so I just grabbed a new set of stems and a brand new set of flights, didnt sand them at all. I think it might have been my first throw that ripped one of the flights. It was a really small tear so I pressed it back flat, but it caught on almost every throw for the next few throws and the tear grew. I had to throw that flight away so it lasted maybe 2 minutes. I replaced it with another new one and sanded all the edges of all the flights, played all night Friday and a good amount over the weekend with no other problems (besides breaking a cosmo stem).

In my mind I kinda go back and forth between whether a large formed flight is a disadvantage. I wont use the air because the warp and curl, maybe because I use larger flights Im not sure (kites warped for me too). The large regular cosmos dont squish in a tight grouping, but the flights hit and the points of the darts get sucked together. Regular flights squish but dont do as much of the grouping of the points because the flights have some give in them. After using both of them for quite a while I cant say one works better than the other, but I really like how cosmo flights always stay perfect at 90 degrees.

I have no doubt that it might help. But do you really think you should have to sand your flights before use, especially flights that cost literally 10 time the cost of most "normal" flights? Surely the Cosmo company line about superior quality products goes out of the window if their manufacturing process leaves the product with a serious flaw.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Darts F Lock Pro Flight Punch Review Getagrip 7 157 12-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 135 30,318 07-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review Getagrip 38 5,145 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: CanadaTon
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 3,143 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
  Cosmo Fit Point Metal Steel Tip Coversion Points Review Getagrip 8 772 12-04-2018, 05:25 PM
  Condor Zero Stress Integrated Flight and Shaft System Review Getagrip 16 5,061 11-19-2018, 11:02 AM
  Cuesoul - Tero Flight & Shaft System - Review vanJupp 23 4,230 10-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Different flight type review/comparison? Sultan Pepper 4 545 09-18-2018, 02:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Official Harrows Clic flight and shaft system review Getagrip 95 73,900 04-20-2018, 02:45 PM
  One80 Intelite Flight and Shaft System Review from old site Getagrip 13 7,988 04-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Vern61