How to find your perfect darts?
Thanks for the advice. Good post.
Current Darts: (22 grams)
Unicorn Neon 1 - short stems, standard flights
Unicorn Black Machina - medium stems, standard flights

Board:
Gladiator II

180's (2019) 9 (12)
Very nice guide for beginners like myself, helped with my choices (and that is not so easy, I tend to overthink every choice I make Tongue )
My board: Gladiator 3
I probably read this thread three or four times, along with the other newbie dart threads. Your sound reasoning  makes perfect sense to me. Soooo...

I just ordered the Legends Eric Bristow 24 gr. smooth rings from DC. The Harrows only has the 26 gr. with smooth rings now. The others are knurled. I also ordered Pentathalon T1 you recommend.

I just received my G3 board and surround from A-Z a couple days ago. I'm waiting on my Rotafit to arrive from DC. Ordered it the same day as the board.  

Saber is sending me some DartsNutz flights. these should arrive in the next day or two.

OK, I may have gone a leeetle overboard on my order today with the darts. slap Maybe because I also ordered the Harrows punch, L Style punch, L Style locked shafts (short and intermediate), Designa durable nylon shafts (short and medium), titanium slot lock rings, Shell lock rings and a Check out card. Oh yeah, and a shaft extractor tool and some flights.

That should take care of me for a bit.

I would have liked to order from this side of the big blue, but I just couldn't justify to price difference.

I have one set of darts that I bought here in town at a store that sells dart and archery equipment. Their selection was about 7 or 9 darts sets, with one weight for each set. Of course they supposed they could order a set in the style and weight I wanted, but they had no idea how much it would be or how it long would take.

I opted for a set of Harrows Blaze, Inox steel, 23gr. to hold me over while I searched this site and did some shopping. They have Marathon flights and Supergrip shafts. I think they would be considered a scalloped grip. Paid $20.00 for them. Then when I returned home, I would out I could have bought them for about $11.00 on line. Oh well, I little local store got a little bit of business from me. I also paid $2.00 for a set of Darts World white shafts. That seems kind of expensive. I don't know.

Any, thank-you for this thread. I has been a great help to a greenhorn! Smile

Cheers
Fab post, very helpful. Thank you!
Thank you for the Great post.
I wish I had read it before I had a box full of failed darts experiments Smile
Great advice for that first set! I wish I read it before buying a few lol.
(02-04-2017, 12:11 AM)vanJupp Wrote: So I normally tell people two start with these two sets:

Sets to start with?

Harrows Bristow Ringed 24g

Pentathlon T1 24g

Hi all, I was looking for the Harrows Bristow Ringed 24g, but the link goes to a dead page. I suppose this darts are not in catalog any more... an equivalent dart will be? I tried to use dart selector on Dartscorner, but I am still confused...

I'll invest some euros in a starter set... something like Harrows Torpedo Darts My newbie question: measures (51.00 mm lenght) are for barrel only, correct?
Started April 2019
Darts in use: Harrows Torpedo 80% Tungsten 22g K1
Boards: Winmau Diamond Plus
First 180: 18/08/2019
(07-04-2019, 08:44 AM)IgorB Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 12:11 AM)vanJupp Wrote: So I normally tell people two start with these two sets:

Sets to start with?

Harrows Bristow Ringed 24g

Pentathlon T1 24g

Hi all, I was looking for the Harrows Bristow Ringed 24g, but the link goes to a dead page. I suppose this darts are not in catalog any more... an equivalent dart will be? I tried to use dart selector on Dartscorner, but I am still confused...

I'll invest some euros in a starter set... something like Harrows Torpedo Darts My newbie question: measures (51.00 mm lenght) are for barrel only, correct?

I would (and did) start with these: https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=9_183_205

They cover both styles: Bristow and bomb

And yes, the length is for the barrel only
Started June 2017
Favorite darts in use: One80 Night Hunter Sting 22g; One80 Spark 20g; Designa Black Shadow 22g
Boards: One80 Gladiator; Nodor Supabull ("old school")
Best leg: 14 darts
High checkout: 148
180's 2018: 14
180's 2019/goal (updated): 38/48

Some good advice there, I actually didn’t get given any advice when I first started, nor did I ask for any, don’t know why really, wasn’t being stubborn or anything, guess I just wanted to find out for myself, I started off with Harrows 21g Silver Shark, then I got Apocalypse Winmau 22g, then it was my third set that suited me just fine - Red Dragon Golden Eye 24g, i’ve got more different sets since, but them Red Dragons were the first set that I felt comfortable with and started playing better with

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many sets of darts you've bought before finding the perfect set? Vangolf604 148 25,751 03-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: TyrantLudd
  Winmau and how to play perfect darts *Saber* 3 1,905 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  How I found my perfect darts (so far :) ) Miek 8 3,015 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: off the mark