How to find your perfect darts?
(10-11-2017, 07:32 PM)basket Wrote: Great post! Where would people recommend to purchase darts in the US online?  I have one local place, but not a lot of variety.  A-Z Darts seems to be at the top of a quick search.

(10-11-2017, 10:23 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 07:32 PM)basket Wrote: Great post! Where would people recommend to purchase darts in the US online?  I have one local place, but not a lot of variety.  A-Z Darts seems to be at the top of a quick search.

Thanks. No idea, which is the best US Shop, but most US guys on the forum order from the UK, it's just a lot cheaper.

I'm an English expat living in the USA now and I still order my darts equipment from the UK.  I've never had an issue with customs, and I'm very happy to wait 6-12 days for the delivery because of the price.  I used A-Z darts once for a load of shafts / stems but I regretted it and later I bought in bulk from I think it was Darts Corner.

http://www.madhousedarts.co.uk/
http://www.reddragondarts.com
http://www.a180.co.uk
http://www.dartscorner.co.uk (they do not ship Winmau products to the USA, but big deal, others may do...)

They're all fantastic shops.
Scotty Burnett 24 Ambassador series vs3
Thanks for the great post!
Great advice and informative. Thanks
Nice post. I would like to add, after experimenting, that players who can throw well with one type, size, weight of dart can probably throw another type, size, weight equally well. That is, if given enough time to “learn” the dart. It’s going to come down to natural ability. The metal isn’t really the solution.
Yep that's it. The long staight like the Phase 2 (97-03) used by Phil Taylor or Phase 3 used by Anderson.
Or the bullet style used by Taylor 2013 Phase 5 or his Target darts used now ,-or Andy Fordham's darts
However there is the longer bullet style like the Harrows V Wing. That incorporates the 2 styles.
The bullet style is easier to throw I think for me. It has its advantages.
But the long straight type has its advantages too.
The bullet style seems to be more forgiving. The longer straight barrel seems harder to find a rhythm but easier to hit a small area once you find it.
The last type I mentioned was the mix of both the Harrows V wing. It was the first one I hit a 180 with.

Right to left
V Wing, Phase 2, Andy Fordham     [Image: c04891d1477948f61284209babefa78e.jpg]    

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Started with 20gr went to 25gr now in at 23gr.....seems to be doong well.
Great Post
I like the look of double grip darts, gonna get myself some for christmas Tongue
(11-12-2017, 06:07 PM)fumbleless Wrote: I like the look of double grip darts, gonna get myself some for christmas
Was thinking of a set myself but I'm happy trying to improve with my ones at the moment.

To anyone who wants the Bomb style John Lowe darts, the Winmau Andy Fordham are one of the best I have ever used. Also Argos is selling them for €23 in Ireland and they are cheaper still in the UK.

Changing Darts a lot is a bad idea. In a game it's never a good sign.
If you are new and cannot get to a shop where you can practice buy one bomb and/or one straight, pick your favorite and stick to it.
A good player will get high averages with most sets .
Anyway Andy Fordham has a set that I think are very good for that style of barrel.

I played for years using 21g Voks Hellfires, got away from throwing for about a decade and just recently started picking them up again. I knew I wanted a heavier dart and tended toward a forward weighted trippy type. I have bought three sets since restarting each progressively heavier and I continue to be pleased with my choices. This time around I've tried to tailor my darts to my grip and throwing style and it seems to be helping. I think the advice above is excellent for any beginner the big thing is that you have to throw each new set a lot in order to really understand how they suit your style/technique. But that's half the fun!
 Darts I Use:
| Target Azzuri Cortex CX6 (25g) | Winmau Stratos (26g) | Target Daytona Fire DF03 (24g) | Harrows Wolfram Infinity (26g) | Phil Taylor G3 (24g) | Phil Taylor Legacy | Harrows Quantum (26g) | RvB 95 (25g) | Red Dragon Patriots (24g) | Voks Hellfire Helix (21g) | Eric Bristow Gold Ti (26g) | 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many sets of darts you've bought before finding the perfect set? Vangolf604 148 25,958 03-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: TyrantLudd
  Winmau and how to play perfect darts *Saber* 3 1,937 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  How I found my perfect darts (so far :) ) Miek 8 3,055 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: off the mark