Harrows Elite 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtyCiIVCUeQ

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Another model from the Harrows 2017 range, these are the Elite and as with the Cobalt darts there is only the one model but they are also available in 6 weights, these are 23g and there is also 21,22,24,25,26 grams available.  They are 90% tungsten and retail for £29.95 and have a mix of grip styles with highlights of black ti coating.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual slim line box and are supplied with a Harrows hard plastic case, point protector, Harrows Supergrip Fusion two tone stems in medium and Harrows standard shape Retina flights:

[Image: KVRjyFs.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:
[Image: pIq9aGu.jpg]

[Image: RY9kkCB.jpg]

[Image: 1G6uleF.jpg]

[Image: o1NMloF.jpg]

[Image: YBGU3YG.jpg]

[Image: 56S7dJw.jpg]

[Image: B4pvkqu.jpg]

[Image: 4dfxZY9.jpg]

[Image: j2CzJUa.jpg]

[Image: Lhe6lcs.jpg]

[Image: VURIDyu.jpg]

[Image: 7jwwwvH.jpg]

[Image: JWcb2Mr.jpg]

The barrels have difficulat profile to describe its kind of like a elongated tear drop style.  It has a mix thin ring grip and shark/razor grip with a few smooth sections.  It varies from medium to high medium really.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

[Image: 0eqdXxO.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match with just two hundredths of a gram heavier for the third barrel:

[Image: Yh5pDPa.jpg]

[Image: WVNlctE.jpg]

[Image: 4ozI9Nq.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: VaRHGf3.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was just front of centre:

[Image: 6427p5i.jpg]

With supplied setup  it moved slightly behind centre:

[Image: qzyx7lP.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: QwqxAb1.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right on the front and pretty much centrally on the black band:

[Image: exm8Ecd.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

I find these to be very nice with my front grip.  Its a dart that has grown on me the more I have played with it and I have been getting some very nice groupings.  I think I may even prefer these over the Rapide.  The little black ring on the front almost felt like it was a little scallop but its not but I thought I could feel a little gap there but looking at the close up pics its just the same size gap as the grip before it so I can only assume its the fact it has a flat wider ring thats given me that impression but for some reason my grip falls into that spot everytime and I like the feel of throwing from it, kind of hard to explain but it seems to give me a good datum point and the darts fly rather well for me.  I have had some pretty good sessions with them so far.  

Now from the middle I was not sure, it feels quite comfortable there but something did not feel right for me when throwing from the middle, could just be that its because its not natural for me there or something else, it may be fine for you as a middle gripper, I am sure you will likely find it very comfortable to hold there anyway.

Strangely though from the rear I was holding the dart around the black razor grip and they felt better to throw than the middle and I got a little extra thrust off the grip so I can see it suiting rear grippers that like a more front biased dart and you have some nice grip there too.

For me I would definitely recommend front grippers try them though.

Quality is very nice and its a neatly machined dart with some nice touches with the black ti and good value again at just about £30, well worht a try.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (good)
Grip: 7 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 perfect)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 9 (very nice)

Best Feature: Grip Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I like the look of these, quite Barney-ish much like the Aero's, they seem great value for money too Wink
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
I got a set of these a while ago, very nice set of darts - Harrows make some good quality gear
(01-30-2017, 08:40 PM)lovejoy Wrote: I like the look of these, quite Barney-ish much like the Aero's, they seem great value for money too Wink

I agree that they've got a bit of a Barney-ish look yes, definitely look like them Aero's you're crushing with atm mate. Smile

Once again Darren well done on the review, appreciated as always. :thumbup:
Great review Darren! Those are some very nice looking darts, even more so since I seen your pictures! I think Harrows outdone all the other manufacturers this year with there new line up.
Nice review, nice dart
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
I like your Red Lips patch Tongue Big Grin
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
Great review as always i have a set 22gms on the way if they ever get here
(01-30-2017, 08:40 PM)lovejoy Wrote: I like the look of these, quite Barney-ish much like the Aero's, they seem great value for money too Wink

Yeah there is a slight Barney style to them, I really like them so far Smile

(01-30-2017, 08:54 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I got a set of these a while ago, very nice set of darts - Harrows make some good quality gear

They have had a great range this year and I like they bring out some models in 1g increments like these Smile

(01-30-2017, 08:58 PM)Great White North Wrote:

I agree that they've got a bit of a Barney-ish look yes, definitely look like them Aero's you're crushing with atm mate. Smile

Once again Darren well done on the review, appreciated as always. :thumbup:

Cheers Brad Smile

(01-30-2017, 09:32 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Great review Darren! Those are some very nice looking darts, even more so since I seen your pictures! I think Harrows outdone all the other manufacturers this year with there new line up.

Thanks Shawn, I think your right Smile

(01-30-2017, 09:47 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Nice review, nice dart

Thanks Larry! Smile

(01-30-2017, 09:55 PM)*Saber* Wrote: I like your Red Lips patch  Tongue  Big Grin

LOL its part of the shirt, made by Red Lips Smile

(01-30-2017, 09:58 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Great review as always i have a set 22gms on the way if they ever get here

Thanks mate, its a very nice dart for me so far Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Another great review Darren!

I really like the way these look, might have to add these to my want list.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Wolfram Infinity 23g Darts Review Getagrip 25 5,579 08-17-2019, 03:28 AM
Last Post: laconic
  Harrows Razr 24g Darts Review Getagrip 34 4,048 08-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Harrows Verve 23g darts review Getagrip 34 7,312 06-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 46 6,452 06-01-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: barcrusher
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 23 4,268 05-29-2019, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Lotto
  Harrows Spina Black 23g Darts Review Getagrip 24 6,804 05-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Ukic
  Harrows new Fire 23g darts review Getagrip 24 24,721 04-09-2019, 12:13 AM