Red Dragon budget darts
Posted this on Facebook too.
Finally got my darts in the mail.
Got a set of Red Dragon Hell Fire A in 24g and Red Dragon Defenders in 23g.
These are definitely budget darts. I'm a beginner so no point in spending a lot until I know exactly what I want.
Both sets are good but the Defenders suit me almost perfectly.
My accuracy jumped noticeably with both sets but especially with the Defenders.
The Hell Fire's were £10.50 and the Defenders £9.90 and after the VAT was deducted they were both under £9.
These are definitely good value for the money.
Throwing them I found the Hell Fires a bit too heavy for my liking. I had thought that the 22g would be too light as that was the weight of my previous Ni/Au set.
It turns out that 23g feels perfect and the weight on the Defender is forward which lets me grip a little further up the barrel. They have an aggressive grip. It's a grip level 4 with a saw tooth kind of design ring groove. The grip is angled to the rear so you get a great push but the grips slide forward. Love them. The barrel gets slightly thicker towards the front of the dart but it's still slim enough to fit three darts in a treble.
I'll let you know if that ever happens. LOL
The Hell Fires have a straight barrel with a plain ring grooved design.
The grip is level 3.
These are mid weighted and feel quite comfortable.
Having thrown both I prefer the more aggressive grip.
Either one of these darts would make a perfectly fine set of working darts.
Both came with poly shafts and two sets of flights along with a bar wallet.
I've switched the shafts as I found that the Hell Fire shaft was a touch longer than the Defender shaft. Both seem to fly better after the switch.
I'll add some photos later.
Looking forward to the pics. They are quality darts regardless of the price. In most cases it is the players name that shoves up the price.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Throwing the Hell Fire A's myself at 22 gram, inexpensive yes however they're worth their weight in gold IMHO.
                    The pics.
The red set are the Hell Fires and the black set are the Defenders.
They are both amazing value for quality darts, the Hellfire A have been my go to dart for a long time.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Nice grab! I've considered a set of the Hellfires myself. I must say, the most inexpensive darts I own are my current favorites!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Nice write up on the darts. Good to see that to quality darts can be bought for not very much money at all
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Anybody tried the Javelins? They're next on my hitlist!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(02-05-2017, 04:22 PM)Yuillsy Wrote: Anybody tried the Javelins? They're next on my hitlist!!

If you like a no-nonsense, grippy, straight barrel, then just buy them already... Wink   The length (~54mm) may be a hair off-putting, but if you like, e.g. the Taylor Phase 1-3s or, say the Anderson Phase 3s you'll be just fine.
(02-05-2017, 04:27 PM)wongerchi Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 04:22 PM)Yuillsy Wrote: Anybody tried the Javelins? They're next on my hitlist!!

If you like a no-nonsense, grippy, straight barrel, then just buy them already... Wink   The length (~54mm) may be a hair off-putting, but if you like, e.g. the Taylor Phase 1-3s or, say the Anderson Phase 3s you'll be just fine.
Sounds perfect thanks. I'll need to wait a while. Just sold a few sets on eBay and used the funds for a set of Daytona fires!!!