am I a cheap skate,but it works
See O rings for sale on EBAY

50 for £1.29 are  best price I have seen

WHY

I have always used a  thin elastic band,hold's them tight

Take the stem,place band single thickness 3-4 wraps around thread ,screw barrel on tight

2nd one do the same using remainder of band

hold loose end against stem 3-4 wraps around thread,tighten barrel on

any left do same with remainder or new band

Just bought some loom bands  they were selling off

20p for a packet of 1000.......50 for a penny

They work,you have nothing to loose
you use it just for metal stems or nylon too?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(01-26-2017, 02:29 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
anything with a thread
(01-26-2017, 02:37 PM)notjimpike Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Did you use it for this thread? Tongue

Good idea if it works it works no matter if it's being frugal or not. :thumbup:
(01-26-2017, 02:39 PM)Great White North Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Brand new in the forum shop: DartsNutz Forum O-Rings!

Are you tired of the sound of your threads rattling... because of a lack of posts? Do your threads keep falling out... of use every single time?

Then YOU need DartsNutz Forum O-Rings! These nifty little things will keep your threads safe and secure from that dreaded rattle! They'll stick to your forums too - so they never fall out of use!

Order yours today for the low low price of one set of darts, made payable to Getagrip. Big Grin
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Glad to say they do not rattle

Solid as a rock,never had any bother with them

Usually they need a little bit of a twist to get out,

I use slikstiks, so I have the hole to help loosen

It is only the same ideal as used in plumbing/piping,taping the thread

Fill any gap...also gas/water tight
I have tried O rings made for aluminum stems and they didn't work with a nylon stem because they bulge out. I wish it did work. I have started using just the teeniest bit of Elmer's glue (white glue) on the threads. It keeps them tight without being permanent.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...