Gladiator 2 dartboard review
(10-13-2014, 10:16 PM)jamie373 Wrote: I'M SPARTACUS!

Shrup ya eejit!

"I'M SPARTACUS!!!!"
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Showing your age Jamie!
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

lol more my dads age , sundays were spent sitting on the arm of his chair watching old films and him sneaking me some beer while mum wasn't looking lol. my boy was up last week and i said the same to him , come sit with yer Da watch the darts and have a beer , he just says no thanks but i'll have some beer though Big Grin
[Image: drUF6Pb.png]
initial thoughts ...........LOVE IT
nice deep colours , as firm as i'd like a board to be, no noticeable flaws , lovely flat smooth sisal , the nut fitted to the back holds the board firmly and securely . a SFB and Blade 4 i had the wood around the screw crumbled over time and i had to glue a rawl plug in. as its a dartboard though the greatest test will be time so i'll check back now and then . for a sub £25 board it performs as well as an over £40 board ....so far !
Good to hear, you should get a rota fix holder too, works great!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-15-2014, 12:23 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Good to hear, you should get a rota fix holder too, works great!

had one in my basket , then took it out and got more stems and flights instead as i running low of my preferred ones . i think it will be the next purchase as i don't really need anything else for a wee while
Posted this elsewhere but maybe it should go here. I noticed the spider is a little more raised from this board compared to your Blade 4's, what is your experience with this?
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(10-15-2014, 04:17 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Posted this elsewhere but maybe it should go here. I noticed the spider is a little more raised from this board compared to your Blade 4's, what is your experience with this?

I think I prefer a slightly raised spider,,,,I have thrown at a few Blade 4 boards in the clubs here,,,,2 things stand out to me ,,,#1 the B4 seems soft,,,as in the the distance the points stick in is more than I'm use too,,,,#2 The wire is so embedded that all I see is colored segments,,,It might be a total mind thing,,but I prefer to see the outline of the spider wire around my target,,,before and after a shot ,, these are the eyes of an old man after all,,,lol
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
I don't mind the spider been raised a little but I like it to be as flush to the surface as possible, if it is raised too much then you need very good lighting to stop little shadows been cast. I think the Bulls 2 I had was too raised, its fine on the G2. The Eclipse HD is raised up too much also.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-15-2014, 07:03 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I don't mind the spider been raised a little but I like it to be as flush to the surface as possible, if it is raised too much then you need very good lighting to stop little shadows been cast. I think the Bulls 2 I had was too raised, its fine on the G2. The Eclipse HD is raised up too much also.

My current board is a Shot Bandit Plus,,,Not only is the spider wire raised but it is painted white ,,very easy to see the segments before and after a shot,,,which is 1 of the reasons I bought it used to try,,,I would think it would show up good on a webcam for WDA,,,,,,I haven't tried that yet ,,,,,,

That being said ,,,the sisal on this board seems very tightly packed ,,, as my 14 gram buntings with target conversion points will barely stick,,,,,
So anyone with a G2 Gladiator have any trouble with darts not sticking well ,,,???
(10-15-2014, 07:32 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: So anyone with a G2 Gladiator have any trouble with darts not sticking well ,,,???

only tried it with black storms and everything sticks , even ones that would normally fall out
Just played Jamie. Never mind the looks of the G2, which are nice by the way. But that sound!!! I LOVE the way his darts sounded hitting the board. New board sound = music to my ears Smile
Bump
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 132 48,255 01-17-2020, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 134 67,784 01-15-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Palmi
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 36,487 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 28,544 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 119,241 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  One80 Gladiator II (2) Chr1st2aan 80 27,826 04-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Last Post: mondo
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,252 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 23,730 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 49,097 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 151,943 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out