Target Phil Taylor Power Bolt 24g: The Right Weight?
[Image: l_phil%20taylor%20power%20bolt%2024g%20200290.jpg]
Christmas has come and gone, van Gerwen has won the World Title, and I've got another new set of darts. Back in November, it was my birthday and I got a set of Target Dave Chisnall 80% weighed at 24g. At Christmas, my girlfriends parents, knowing how mad on Darts I am, got me a set of Target Phil Taylor Power Bolt darts, again weighed at 24g.

However, the Taylor darts do not feel like 24g at all.

They feel more like the 22g Unicorn darts I own. Maybe I got a faulty set, but they were brought from Argos (I was there). That said, they are great darts which fly very well and straight and a very good value money. With the less expensive darts I've found they can sway a lot more in the air when they fly, however these one's don't do that at all.

The best feature is the ringed grip, which is very grippy, yet not to grippy like my old Chisnall darts. There are very simple looking dart, yet beautiful because of that.
DARTS: RedDragon Hell Fire 24g
DART BOARD: Winmau Ton Machine
What you may be feeling is a difference in density, not weight (e.g., a pound of feathers may feel "lighter" than a pound of butter because it is less dense). In this case, the brass Taylor darts are less dense than the 80% tungsten Chisnall darts.
I am seriously thinking about going back to my brass customs .Best material for light throwers
180-0(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]
(01-06-2017, 09:22 PM)bkbum Wrote: What you may be feeling is a difference in density, not weight (e.g., a pound of feathers may feel "lighter" than a pound of butter because it is less dense). In this case, the brass Taylor darts are less dense than the 80% tungsten Chisnall darts.

Agreed - any set of brass darts I throw "feels" lighter than the equivalent tungsten. Brass is just less dense, so more is needed to make the same weight as a tungsten dart.
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I use the 23Gram Knurled version of these in silver, and they definitely feel quite light. But I've weighed them, and they are 23g bang on.

I like them! I think my style just suits 24-25gram in brass darts more. I've yet to try any tungsten darts.
[Image: target.jpg]
The metal universe is a magical place that plays tricks on your mind .. .. .. I recently started throwing a set of 23G Harrow's Areo Darts that are 90 percent tungsten and they feel heavier then my real skinny longer 80 percent tungsten Red Dragon 23G darts.
Bulls 22g Blackpool B's, medium spinner stems with raw75 flights
2017: Ton80's .. .. .. 1
2017: 3 bulls .. .. .. 1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5000th POST! TITAN REVIEW - Target Power 9Five Gen 3 Titan 36 9,731 03-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Dartsfan named BK
  Target Taylor Gen 4 (26g) v Unicorn Phase 5 (26g)... Equalizer 6 2,174 11-13-2017, 06:54 PM
Last Post: ikarl69
  New Phil Taylor instructional video Deadeye 3 2,371 12-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Rod Dogg