Make dartboard quieter??
Does not see the same for some reason. There was only 1 place in my house I could pt the board and it connected with next doors bedroom so didnt want to keep it on there. At least now can take the board wherever I want and has very minimal movement when the dart hits the board
Havent got the room for a stand else i would of done that

Im sure i can sort something, going to get a winmau ring seeming as i have a winmau board
got the winmau ring, fits nicely and you can definitely notice a difference in terms of the dart hitting the board, both when throwing and when in other rooms the dart hitting is much reduced now,...but the vibration from board to wall is about the same and prominent in all rooms and upstairs, even though its on a solid and thick cottage style brick wall.

Will get the washing machine matt behind it which i think will solve it to a point the misses doesnt go nuts (even though she is now using the board about as much as me!)
Here's a noise reducing solution I've been wanting to copy for some time, but havent gotten around to doing ^_^
http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthrea...3#pid43443

In an earlier post he said he estimated noise reduction to be at least 95%
thats beyond my diy skillset and probably the limit of what the wall could cope with haha, but very nice idea thanks for linking
I used a sheet of mdf wen the neighbours were complaining lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk
Does anyone use Bulls Click Fix Bracket - 65006 dartboard mount and how does he show about silence and strength?
I use One89 Rotafix, (its quiet) but after 3-4 hours of playing, dartboard becomes loose and every bit I have tighten the screws and I looking some other solutions, silent and firmly
Lighter darts work. 22 gram?
(12-20-2016, 01:01 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Pics removed

Hello, can I ask how you hold the dartboard with the wood? Because the dartboard is heavy and 5more kg
(12-20-2016, 01:01 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I used adhesive pads stuck to the back of my board, cut a piece of 10 mm MDF the same size as the board and stuck the same pads to the back of it and a board surround holds it flush to the wall with no need for rota fix or any brackets at all

My board is mounted to the wall adjoining my neighbours bedroom yet he say'he never hears my darts at all

Bringing up an old thread. I did the same thing as you but its still loud as hell on the wall behind the board. I had my wife throw a couple darts and it sounded like someone was banging on the wall with a hammer. I bought some dynamat type sound dampening material and I am going to put some behind the MDF/board and go from there.

Worst case is ill get 1/4 MDF and do dampening on the wall, then 1/4 MDF, dampening, 1/4 MDF, dampening, dart board.
So I put sound dampening barrier on the wall, both sides of the 3/4 MDF with two layers and one layer on the dart board. You could still hear the darts hitting on the other side of the wall but obviously not as loud as before.

I am now going to cut the drywall out and fill the interior wall with R30 insulation and close it back up. I think I am going to build a platform off the wall so the board is extended 5-6 inches off the wall and not directly mounted as well.
So I cut out the drywall and filled the space with some sound proofing insulation (Roxul). The cavity had zero insulation so I stuffed it all the way to the top and bottom. I used a broom to really jam the insulation up to the top and bottom. I am going to close it up tomorrow and build out a frame so the dart board is not directly connected to the studs in the wall to even further reduce any noise from the board. 

[Image: 2b8YKHN.jpg]

Put some noico on the inside of the walls before I stuffed it with insulation.

[Image: 9UmmPcK.jpg]

[Image: CFW9u7q.jpg]

I couldn't finish it up today due to the rain but that time reminded me that I need to run electric up there so the dart light wires will be hidden.
My old set up at my parents house was pretty quiet.
I had 4 lengths of 2x1 joined together in a rectangle shape with MDF bolted to the front. Sound proofing behind the MDF & the Dartboard bolted to the front.

I need to build a proper setup at my home now as i can't really play after 8PM because i'm worried it will annoy the neighbours Smile
Looking for ideas....
(01-24-2019, 11:01 AM)srale7 Wrote: Does anyone use Bulls Click Fix Bracket - 65006 dartboard mount and how does he show about silence and strength?
I use One89 Rotafix, (its quiet) but after 3-4 hours of playing, dartboard becomes loose and every bit I have tighten the screws and I looking some other solutions, silent and firmly

Thank you very much for that Wink I planned to order one of those Rotafix brackets. Thought it may be easier than having to take down the surround, turn the board, put the surround back up etc.
(01-07-2020, 01:32 AM)Gyro1780 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 11:01 AM)srale7 Wrote: Does anyone use Bulls Click Fix Bracket - 65006 dartboard mount and how does he show about silence and strength?

Thank you very much for that Wink I planned to order one of those Rotafix brackets. Thought it may be easier than having to take down the surround, turn the board, put the surround back up etc.

Has anyone used the thing that comes with the Shot! Bandit with the foam things?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things that make you go hmmmm... Nucky 12 446 12-13-2019, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Nucky
  Who could make this Troll 0 183 10-11-2019, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Troll
  Can the average joe really make it in darts? impaler1991 25 1,640 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Flights, do they make that much difference? Irfan 15 1,260 07-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Last Post: jwiere03
  Make a list of commentators for the PDC... sjmattitude1982 15 5,688 06-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cosmo
Star [★Darts App] Thanks for helping me make Dartsmind better. uxkevin 11 6,094 11-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Joe Darts