Make dartboard quieter??
So the misses finally let me put a board up in the utility, got a blade 4 as an early xmas present

Got it all set up, the lighting is crap but workable for now, got the height spot on and the oche is some cellotape on the floor coloured in black felt tip haha

But my question is can i make it any quieter? I know i cant eliminate the dart entering the board noise but perhaps some of the reverb through the bracket and the three support brakets on the outer edge of the board?

Any help much appreciated Smile
This helps with the noise a bit and what is more, I can turn the board without scratching the wall. No need to put it down before turning.
[Image: IMG_2607raw817ram_zps83f14a28.jpg]
One thing I have found is that with soft padding (rubber/ foam like stuff) it actually makes the noise louder. With a metal bracket and those plastic caps that you nail in the board I have achieved the most silent results. (The board didn't stay in place enough for my liking so I'm back to using soft padding though). Now a blade4 is a bit softer than the boards I have used so I'm not sure if it will have the same effect.
Cut up and rolled up rubber inner tube from bicycle tires, at 4 or 6 points on the edges. It need to fit in snug.

I can play at 3 am when it's totally silent outside, and the sound the darts hitting makes is negligible. And my board is hard and noisy. However, if the board is mounted on a hollow-ish structure/wood that tends to be louder, it would still make sound. There are turntable tables which are supposed to be very damped, but they cost a lot.
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Cheers guys, will pad the three brackets and see then put more rolled up behind Smile

Just need a foam outer ring and rubber oche now if it rolls up easy enough?
http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthrea...ight=sound

Heres a link to another thread on the subject - could give you some ideas Smile
[Image: Screenshot_2016-05-18-13-32-16_1_zpsr8vibhtm.jpg]
Cheers Hamo!

Im thinking the majority of the noise is likely coming from the leaf springs so was going to wrap them in something, but of course the centre bracket could also be causing some noise, will have to play around with different things until she stops moaning haha

Ive got lots of packing peanuts at work so may wedge them all around the edge of the board see if that helps initially
I have read discusions where people suggested using some washing machine mat or something like this. I haven't got much of an idea what it was but maybe you will know..or someone else have used and could say how to use it.
I used adhesive pads stuck to the back of my board, cut a piece of 10 mm MDF the same size as the board and stuck the same pads to the back of it and a board surround holds it flush to the wall with no need for rota fix or any brackets at all

[Image: 57C2BD34-CBFD-4E11-8DA6-CD04DDCFF5FA_zpsls8dtpdd.jpg]

[Image: 30E63D69-8D83-441F-B13C-88F200375584_zpsxfvahhu7.jpg]

[Image: 5A7A2399-E003-491F-90C0-A1AF2FB4A50B_zpsa5q710ee.jpg]

My board is mounted to the wall adjoining my neighbours bedroom yet he say'he never hears my darts at all
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I always found a decent tight fitting surround done the trick

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can the average joe really make it in darts? impaler1991 25 1,386 01-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Flights, do they make that much difference? Irfan 15 1,128 07-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Last Post: jwiere03
  Make a list of commentators for the PDC... sjmattitude1982 15 4,437 06-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Kosumo
  Need to make one of these! dannyd180 13 5,615 06-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Last Post: The Egg