Winmau World Masters TV info
Durrant with the best performance of the tournament thus far sees off Hughes 5-0.
Results bumped. Rolleyes Smile

Men's Semi-Finals (Best of 9 sets of 3 legs)
Glen Durrant 5-0 Jamie Hughes
Mark McGeeney 5-2 Scott Mitchell

Women's Final (Best of 9 legs)
Deta Hedman 2-5 Trina Gulliver

Men's Final (Best of 11 sets of 3 legs)
Glen Durrant 6-3 Mark McGeeney
Trina Gulliver wins 5-2 over Deta Hedman.  

Congrats to Trina Gulliver, World Winmau Masters Ladies Champion 2016. :thumbup:
Glen Durrant wins 6-3 over Mark McKeeney in defense of his title

Congrats to Glen Durrant, World Winmau Masters Men's Champion 2016. :thumbup:
Some thoughts on the comp:

Stream quality was poor on Friday, but for the final day they managed to fix it. This event didn't do any justice to the organisation. Except for Durrant who won very comfortably, the standard was poor for a major tournament. The qualification process is quite baffling, all seeds should start in the first round, which worked very well in the past and made this event prestigious. The women final was cringeworthy, don't know about the final averages, but in the first 3 legs they were below 60 which is preposterous. I believe the girls final was similar quality. Don't even want to mention the Lakeside draw when they mucked something up and had to start again.

To sum up, the tournament really confirms everything we know about the BDO's (lack of) existence as a darts organization. I await Lakeside but don't have high expectations after this year to be honest.
(12-04-2016, 09:28 PM)Phenohyte Wrote: Some thoughts on the comp:

Stream quality was poor on Friday, but for the final day they managed to fix it. This event didn't do any justice to the organisation. Except for Durrant who won very comfortably, the standard was poor for a major tournament. The qualification process is quite baffling, all seeds should start in the first round, which worked very well in the past and made this event prestigious. The women final was cringeworthy, don't know about the final averages, but in the first 3 legs they were below 60 which is preposterous. I believe the girls final was similar quality. Don't even want to mention the Lakeside draw when they mucked something up and had to start again.

To sum up, the tournament really confirms everything we know about the BDO's (lack of) existence as a darts organization. I await Lakeside but don't have high expectations after this year to be honest.

I'm surprised you bothered watching given you only like PDC darts
As said the streaming was somewhat "iffy" It made a change to see different players & the quality of play was acceptable after all you can watch Sunday league football & although not to Premier league standard an enjoyable game can be watched if the opposing players are of similar skills, same with the Winmau comp The only real "gripe" for me is the commentator " John" ? who describes the play as if it's for radio describing things that can be seen on the video + he has a to me an awful droning voice that goes on & on But that is "me" others take on this will/may differ.
(12-05-2016, 05:59 AM)mc1958 Wrote:

I'm surprised you bothered watching given you only like PDC darts

Have I ever said that, or you just drew the conclusion from my previous comment?

I like both PDC and BDO darts and I'm sad to see that the BDO is in ruins now. Anyone who thinks everything is OK at the BDO now, is a fool though.

The BDO had the World Trophy this year, which was good standard, a good watch and good TV coverage, and I praised them back then. This Masters was the complete opposite.

It would be easier to reply if you could point out exactly which part of my answer you don't agree with.

According the wikipedia, the averages for the ladies final were 63.79 for Gulliver and 64.94 for Hedman.  I have to agree that the standard was dire.  I watched the first 3 legs (all won in about 26 darts by Gulliver) and couldn't watch more.  They would both beat me comfortably at that standard, but it was disappointing to see those two put up that kind of performance.  

And I don't understand why they don't play better.  Chicken and egg problem?  Need longer format and more opportunities to get better, but need to be better to get longer format and more opportunities?
Unicorn Barney Phase 1 23g darts
Harrows Gripper tweenie shafts
Newcastle United standard flights (HTL!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau World Masters 2018 mc1958 75 4,936 10-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Last Post: 25g-grizzly
  Winmau World Master/BDO British Open & Classic mc1958 108 10,737 09-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  Winmau World Masters Tickets Now Available mc1958 0 27,428 06-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Winmau World Masters Returns to the Bridlington Spa mc1958 10 1,868 04-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Last Post: mc1958