Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review
(12-26-2018, 07:33 AM)Bull Wrote: *@ Getagrip - I think I have read or viewed about 80% of all your reviews. Thank you for your level of detail, professionalism and common sense in your reviews.  It installs a feeling of trustworthiness in the products you review, because it’s just the facts.  Not something you see much anymore, since most reviews are from people who have a financial interest In the products they review. Enough said on this matter, I don’t want to embarrass you, but your reviews are impressive.

I’m ready to pull the plug on a new steel tip board.  My Nodor President is 26 years old. I don’t know if dartboards age like dogs, but if they do, it’s 182 years old.  Just saying...   :-). 

I have gone through all the reviews you have done on dartboards.  I would get a Nodor SuperMatch 2, but they aren’t available locally.  I just do not want to buy one from amazon, for me it’s important to support local companies whose livelihood depends on the industry’s they are focused on.

So with that said, my next choice is the Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core.  I was not able to find any updates on how they are holding up from a longevity standpoint.  Is there one, did I just miss it in searching the wrong search words of Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core review update?

Since it is the most expensive option, it would be really comforting to know how they are holding up after year or more.  If there isn’t an update you have done, or has been done by someone else, could you please give your current impressions of what you think about it’s longevity?  It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Cheers, & Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad to hear the reviews are useful.

Well I still think my Blade 4 lasted better than the B5 has.  I have my B5 in the converted loft room and it has got a few bumps on it, the B5 Dual Core seems to be doing better though but even so I still say the B4 lasted better than that.  But after reading various comments over the past year or so I have noticed a bit of a difference of opinion so my guess is they are not all equal, if you get a good one it will last well and if not then probably not so long.  But I have also heard similar for some of the other boards and I think also the conditions they are use in must have some affect, such as high or low temperatures and moisture levels.

So all I can safely say is that out of the boards that are currently available I would probably put them in the order of Gladiator 3 first, then Blade 5 Dual Core as the best two.

Hope that helps Smile

Also Merry Christmas too Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Thank you very much for your thoughts, they are more than helpful, and greatly appreciated.  Big Grin Icon_sunny
Gran 3 - ID: Bull007, One80 Gladiator 3, & Nodor President
Darts: Target, Colonial, Unicorn & Pacer - Soft & Steel Tip
No problem Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I've owned the Blade 2, 3 and 4 over the years and I'm now looking to get a new board now the second of mt B4's is looking worse for wear.

I'm going to get the Blade 5 but I wanted to know if the Dual core board is worth the extra cost?
(01-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Jockyoche78 Wrote: I've owned the Blade 2, 3 and 4 over the years and I'm now looking to get a new board now the second of mt B4's is looking worse for wear.

I'm going to get the Blade 5 but I wanted to know if the Dual core board is worth the extra cost?

not much in it really, may be wears a little better

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Jockyoche78 Wrote: I've owned the Blade 2, 3 and 4 over the years and I'm now looking to get a new board now the second of mt B4's is looking worse for wear.

Id rather spend the couple pounds extra had the normal one for a year and now the dc for 2 months.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk
[Image: ulaodpa5218.png]
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
(01-12-2019, 03:24 PM)Shima Wrote:

Id rather spend the couple pounds extra had the normal one for a year and now the dc for 2 months.

Do you think the DC is a superior board or is it just that it will last longer? Cheers
(01-12-2019, 03:45 PM)Jockyoche78 Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 03:24 PM)Shima Wrote:

Do you think the DC is a superior board or is it just that it will last longer? Cheers

Not sure if it will last longer depends on the points u using, i wasnt really nice to my old blade 5 using all kind of points   Big Grin .
I just think the couple of pounds are worth it since i get at least a year out of a dartboard. The DC looks and feels better for me and for the last 2 months it holds up pretty well. Doestn mean that the normal blade 5 isnt a good board. If youre on a budget go for the normal one, if u ready to spend a bit more get the DC .
[Image: ulaodpa5218.png]
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
(01-12-2019, 03:00 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

not much in it really, may be wears a little better

Thanks mate.
Thanks for the review. After that i changed my Board from a Blade 5 to a Blade 5 DC.
And now after a few weeks i am still shure that was a good change. The Blade 5 DC is
the more silent Board and it looks better. And it also seems to be the more durable Board.

Good Darts.....
Sowatt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Matchdarts: Target Glen Durrant 24 Gram with Target Pro Grip Spin Stems and Harrows Pear Flights oldguy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 26,669 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 123 45,586 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 117,817 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,044 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,336 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,063 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 150,381 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,493 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 66,848 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,555 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Getagrip