Show us your Daytona Fire's!
ConGrats Cs_89, NICE set up. I also had to go thru trial and error with different stems/shafts, the Target Carbon Ti Pro's weren't working for me either, but since I installed my L-style Flight system they fly GREAT. ConGrats again and I hope you have much success with them.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-30-2017, 12:40 PM)Mickles Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
You have a "Local Dart Shop?", I wish I could be so lucky...LOL. Yes, the Daytona's are a bit expensive, but worth it in my honest opinion, have you tried Darts Corner plus the discount, they seem to be the cheapest by far compared to other Dart stores and websites.   Smile
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(12-30-2017, 12:40 PM)Mickles Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
The daytona fires DF-01 are straight barrel. 

I should have mine on tuesday,  package was in town yesterday, but the post office decided not to give it to me for a few more days Sad
(12-30-2017, 03:03 PM)RedTurboMr2 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I think he was referring to the DF-02 photo that Cs_89 posted. The DF-02 have a slight variation of a straight barrel. 
I hope you get your Daytona's today.  Smile
The DF-02 have a bomb style shape bit I was surprised as to how thin the dart feels. It is an ideal shape for me although I do tend to slightly grip the plain section. 

And an update on the spinning, I've been changing shafts and stuff all morning playing with these and it appears it was the original flights causing me grief from my throw. I'm now debating what suits me more, the supplied carbon fibre or the pro grips...
(12-30-2017, 02:44 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yeah I noticed them before but never really thought much of them, but now that I've tested the 02's I want them BAD
Darts used: Designa Dark Thunder 22g
Highest Checkout: 157 (Practice) 148 (League)
Lowest Leg: 12 Darts (Practice) 15 (League)
My order finally showed up Smile

(01-02-2018, 10:08 PM)RedTurboMr2 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
ConGrats RedTurbo. Looking GOOD there  :thumbup: smashing Let us know how they fly/feel for you and your style.
Is there any reason that everyone seems to be using the L style shafts with these Daytona's?

Im currently using target pro grip 41.5mm shafts and target flights but im still not 100% happy with my setup.

The darts are flying well enough with my style and my scoring is on par with other darts but my doubling is absolutely terrible with these, Id estimate it takes about 9 darts for the double as apposed to around 3 with my other darts.

I think its because my natural grip seems to be right on the plain section of the dart. The only thing that keeps me using them is the fact they were £100. Anyone any advice on this?
Darts: Too many to list here thanks to this forum!
2017 180's - 2
2018 Target - 9/12
(01-03-2018, 11:53 AM)Cs_89 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yep...dont stick to a set just because of the price Cool

Have had a few expensive sets...but in the end i had to discern that they are not for me...With some sets, like the Target Paul Lims, i had to do this twice or more Big Grin
(01-03-2018, 11:57 AM)theblindPew Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
That's not the advice I was looking for but did expect! Might need to sell/swap them at some point which is a shame as they doo look amazing. If only the grip was the full length of the dart with no plain section!
2017 180's - 2
2018 Target - 9/12
(01-03-2018, 12:49 PM)Cs_89 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Sometimes a Dart set just isn't for every style or throw. However, it is kinda strange that you get good score and good grouping everywhere else on the Dart Board except Doubles. If this is happening then I'm trying to figure out why the small smooth section would be a concern when shooting at Doubles. Do you change your grip when you shoot Doubles?
(01-03-2018, 01:54 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
As far as im aware my grip is the same regardless of what im hitting. Maybe mostly die to me throwing at the T20 bed. Im going to give these a bit more time anyway and see if I can improve. Should have maybe went with the RVB95's instead for the longer grip area.
2017 180's - 2
2018 Target - 9/12
(01-03-2018, 01:59 PM)Cs_89 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
One thing I've learned years ago and still today, finding that "right Dart set and set up" is no easy feat. I know a couple of dart players who have been looking for several years and still haven't found that "perfect set". I was actually lucky to have found my perfect Darts and set up in a timely manner without going to a custom dart set and I'm still tinkering with the thought of shortening my L-style Carbon Locked shaft from 330 to 260. GOOD LUCK in whatever you decide.
(01-02-2018, 10:08 PM)RedTurboMr2 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Great news, tidy looking set up. Hope they fly as good as they look, for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target - Daytona Fire GT 01 - 24g vanJupp 15 1,924 05-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  22g one80 fire dragons Spartan 4 404 01-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Spartan
  DAYTONA FIRE DF-01 maverickster 13 3,975 02-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Last Post: 0ldjoblo
  My New(to me) Harrows Fire 24gr. Ward H 8 2,244 01-18-2017, 03:36 AM
Last Post: G00dband
  Target Daytona Fire Buckshot 21 5,021 10-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Wattsdarts