So how'd your forum name come about?
What a blast from the past that was G man. Paul Hogan show, lmbao.

Mine name comes from my middle name (James) and the fact that for the first 18 years I my life I was always called Jim instead of Dave.

Not sure why I put the 21 on the end of it though.
[Image: e4ffe4e8.png]

League High Peg Outs: Monday 160, Tuesday 170, Thursday 170, Friday 160
(08-18-2013, 10:30 AM)Jimbo21 Wrote: What a blast from the past that was G man. Paul Hogan show, lmbao.

Mine name comes from my middle name (James) and the fact that for the first 18 years I my life I was always called Jim instead of Dave.

Not sure why I put the 21 on the end of it though.

one of my middle names is Edward named after my uncle Brian lol

he is called Brian but its his middle name his first is Edward.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Well, as my real name is Jurgen Angel, no one but the Germans pronounce it right and that fact has got nothing to do with my nick. Tongue

My friends call me Tjeppen (long story that one), and as I tried a few other forums (guitars, amplifiers,...) the name Tjeppen was already taken, so, as I play guitar :riff:, Guitartjeppen was born.

:beerdrink:
Nothing unexpected with my name, given to me by my Nephew following a bullseye finish by yours truly.
[Image: gstb.png]
Shot 901 grip 23grm with Midi stems Any dark coloured flights

Plays for The Bridge A in The Bracknell and Binfield Winter Darts League 

(08-18-2013, 09:06 PM)Guitartjeppen Wrote: Well, as my real name is Jurgen Angel, no one but the Germans pronounce it right and that fact has got nothing to do with my nick. Tongue

My friends call me Tjeppen (long story that one), and as I tried a few other forums (guitars, amplifiers,...) the name Tjeppen was already taken, so, as I play guitar :riff:, Guitartjeppen was born.

:beerdrink:

now you got me wondering how to pronounce Jurgen????

(08-18-2013, 09:12 PM)Uncle Bullseye Wrote: Nothing unexpected with my name, given to me by my Nephew following a bullseye finish by yours truly.

Nice and simple but a cool bit of skill to be known for Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
My forum name is my name lol
Mine fits me because I'm kind of an ass! Lol a girlfriend of mine along time ago called me a tormentor and it kind of stuck! She was crazy though! Lol
(08-16-2013, 01:45 PM)uncle poop Wrote: Some really cool origins for names. Catalaya, at first I thought your name was for the flower but the flower is spelled Cattleya. Still a beautiful name for a girl.

uncle poop there are many variations of the spelling and yes it is also the name of the colombian orchid.
(08-17-2013, 04:01 AM)*Saber* Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 04:19 PM)USMC80 Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 03:24 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(08-16-2013, 08:15 AM)Catalaya Wrote: Heart my granddaughters name Heart they immigrated to wales and nanna will only get to see her in December again. she is my nunu pie princess. the love of my life and a beautiful name. perfect name for the other love of my life - darts Big Grin (mommy named her after the girl in the movie columbiana.)
One hot Granny !!!Big Grin

Creeper ^^^
yep !

:rofl1:
Once upon a time I was right hand dominant. After an unfortunate accident I lost the use of my right arm and hand for a little while. It effectively led to me teaching myself to throw lefty among doing many other things. I recovered a lot (85-90%) but not enough to properly throw a dart. My friends and I also like to tell a lot of jokes about my "semi-one handed condition". So, referring to myself as Lefty has occurred on various occasions. "Gimp" comes up now and again but I figured Lefty was better for the forum Tongue The 544 is from my old postal address.
[Image: signat10.png]
Just took a piece of darts equipment (shafts) and extended the word, purely for a forum name
(08-19-2013, 07:46 PM)Lefty544 Wrote: Once upon a time I was right hand dominant. After an unfortunate accident I lost the use of my right arm and hand for a little while. It effectively led to me teaching myself to throw lefty among doing many other things. I recovered a lot (85-90%) but not enough to properly throw a dart. My friends and I also like to tell a lot of jokes about my "semi-one handed condition". So, referring to myself as Lefty has occurred on various occasions. "Gimp" comes up now and again but I figured Lefty was better for the forum Tongue The 544 is from my old postal address.

Wow thats sad you had to go through that but I am always amazed at how well some people can change from there dominant limb. I dont think I would have a hope in hell as my left everything sucks (keep it clean).
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
(08-19-2013, 07:46 PM)Lefty544 Wrote: Once upon a time I was right hand dominant. After an unfortunate accident I lost the use of my right arm and hand for a little while. It effectively led to me teaching myself to throw lefty among doing many other things. I recovered a lot (85-90%) but not enough to properly throw a dart. My friends and I also like to tell a lot of jokes about my "semi-one handed condition". So, referring to myself as Lefty has occurred on various occasions. "Gimp" comes up now and again but I figured Lefty was better for the forum Tongue The 544 is from my old postal address.

I've tried throwing left handed several times and must admit I've gotten more consistent since I first tried it. That said, unless I am forced to use my left arm entirely, I'll never develop the same stroke-----and likely not even then. It is amazing how folks adapt to their situation.

Hats off for the adjustment.

I'm the same Lefty I was in a serious accident 13 years ago and will never throw right handed again, left me in a dark place and when I first tried left handed some years ago my head was in the wrong place and I couldn't get past self pity enough to commit. After playing for so many years though and having been a reasonable thrower I couldn't forget darts totally and started to collect vintage darts, Joined this forum when searching the net for vintage darts and my urge to throw was rekindled again, I got a Dartboard stand and board and started practicing last December. At first it was like throwing with someone else's arm but still not as bad as many years ago as I was now a lot more accustomed to using my left hand for day to day living, and at first could only throw in 10 minute spells or so and the first month or so was just about getting the action going and basically hitting the board, just as awkward as switching hands is reversing your natural stance. Gradually my aiming improved until I could start aiming more at specific areas, still not small areas trebles, doubles etc but enough improvement to draw encouragement from, then after a few months muscle memory and such started to click and perserverence started to pay off, I know i'll never have the consistency I used to have but have hit 24 maximums in the last few months a great feeling considering I didn't think I could ever hit one again. And strange enough It seems to have put a few ghost to rest, I rarely buy vintage darts now.
much appreciated everyone. It was taxing at first. You can ask USMC, we have been throwing together for years. I barely made it to the board none the less getting valid marks. However, my love for the game and my stubbornness ultimately won the battle and I continue to play today.

Much like you shafted I will probably never be at the caliber that I was before my accident (even though USMC likes to joke and say I throw better now than I did then). However, I am happy that I stuck with it and wouldn't want it any other way
[Image: signat10.png]