first 180
Woohoo! 2nd one, on a spanking new blade4dc Big Grin

[Image: 2vtac6x.jpg]
Been playing around a month now and still yet to hit one, but I have been close. Spent most the month trying find out a throw and weight I like though, so now that I've sorted that out I should get better.

Hit 140 a few times, struggle get that last dart in. Any tips?
DARTS: RedDragon Hell Fire 24g
DART BOARD: Winmau Ton Machine
my advice would be to do exactly what you are doing and experiment.
other then that, try to establish a rhythm in your throw. the better your rhythm
the easier it will be to repeat your last throw.

for me the thing that always puts me off on the last dart is me thinking
about hitting that high score.

also keep in mind that the progress you make isn't readily apparent until you actually start hitting those scores.
and i don't think i hit my first 140 until about a month in either.
so: experiment, practice, and trust that you are making progress, even when it doesn't look like it.

also browse around here, there are a couple of threads with tips on how to improve your game and
hit that first 180.
(10-08-2016, 04:36 PM)JordWareham501 Wrote: Been playing around a month now and still yet to hit one, but I have been close. Spent most the month trying find out a throw and weight I like though, so now that I've sorted that out I should get better.

Hit 140 a few times, struggle get that last dart in. Any tips?

Just relax it'll come....a good exercise is throw at the treble if you get one dart in leave it there and continue to throw (the other 2) and if you get another one leave that and just throw the last one until all 3 are in there...it'll give you abit of confidence 1.knowing 3 darts will go into the treble 20 and 2. It'll get rid of that last dart nerves Smile
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Standard Flights.
Soft Tip: 17g Dartsclearance Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: winmau Blade 5
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
http://www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts
A few months ago I had to change my throwing hand during the injury. Currently still looking first 180 at my left hand. I guess it will come quite soon cause now I have a good grip, and better stance and throwing action is getting smoother. When I started to play darts in the middle of 1990's with my right hand. I would say a confidence and a consistency are the keys. But good luck to all who are still trying to nail the big 180.
Been 3 weeks since I started and I got my first, while actually trying to hit it, today. Got it with a new set that arrived this afternoon so I guess I'll stick with them for a bit.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Took me about a year I think!
about three month for the first one. 6 days for the next one.
Beginner.  Blush
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Angel ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

Took me 7 months had a lot of near misses, hit 3 more since mainly because ive broke through the mental barrier
[Image: 34337388126_66ef7fd41f_c.jpg]
2 months for the first one