Dart Specifications Database - Any interest? Post your darts here
Anybody interested in helping build a forum database of 'consumer measured' dart specs?  If you have the equipment to measure your darts... All you need to do is measure the weight, length and diameter of the barrel, and post back here.

My primary focus is to create a buyers aid that has a more reliable reference to barrel size, being that they are measured by the individual. It will also serve as a great general reference.  

I've listed a few that I've measured myself to start us off, and I'm also working my way through the forum reviews that have specs as well.  Damn there's a lot of them, but thankfully JayKay has been taking the time to create an index of the forum reviews >> All reviewed Darts Index.  Cool

Once I've got through the reviews I will sort and maintain the list in alphabetical order (Brand, Model, Date) so it's easier to find the dart specs you might be looking for.  It'll also be easy for anyone to copy/paste into a spreadsheet for a better custom sort/filter for times when you might be looking for a certain length dart or diameter.

If there's anything else you think I should add or change, post your ideas here too.

Duplicate entries are very welcome.  I think they will strengthen the reliability of the information in general.

Note: The steel tip and soft tip spec requirements are listed a little different for the barrel weight and length.

Steel Tip required info
Year: Approximate year you bought them new. - If unknown put a '?'
Brand: As listed on the website, shop or packaging.
Model: As listed on the website, shop or packaging. - Include the advertised weight as well
Finish: Natural, Gold Ti, DNA, Hybrid etc.
Tungsten (%): Quoted tungsten content on the website, shop or packaging.
Weight (g): Weight of the barrel & point only. - Must be your own measurements (preferably an average weight of all 3 darts)
Balance F/R (mm): Balance point of the barrel (without stem/flight attached). - Must be your own measurements
Length (mm): Length of the dart barrel (not including the point). - Must be your own measurements
Diameter (mm): Diameter of the fattest part of the barrel. - Must be your own measurements

Soft Tip required info
Year: Approximate year you bought them new. - If unknown put a '?'
Brand: As listed on the website, shop or packaging.
Model: As listed on the website, shop or packaging. - Include the advertised weight as well
Finish: Natural, Gold Ti, DNA, Hybrid etc.
Tungsten (%): Quoted tungsten content on the website, shop or packaging.
Weight (g): Weight of the barrel only (without the point attached). - Must be your own measurements (preferably an average weight of all 3 darts)
Balance F/R (mm): Balance point of the barrel (without stem/flight attached). - Must be your own measurements
Length (mm): Length of the dart barrel (without the point attached). - Must be your own measurements
Diameter (mm): Diameter of the fattest part of the barrel. - Must be your own measurements

Copy & paste this below into your post to make it easier to add your specs.
Steel/Soft Tip:
Year:
Brand:
Model:
Finish:
Tungsten:
Weight:
Balance:
Length:
Diameter:

Here are the databases, in seperate threads to this one to try and keep them as information only.

>> Dart Specifications Database - Steel Tip <<
>> Dart Specifications Database - Soft Tip <<

Thanks in advance for any contribution you make. :thumbup:
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
[Image: attachment.php?aid=12483]
Good idea, I'll put some of my sets in there tomorrow.
Superb idea...I don't have digital calipers though?all I could get is weight and a close guess off a ruler etc at other dimensions which wouldn't be ideal
[Image: oz1OCc3.jpg]
My current match darts:

Year: 2016
Manufacturer: Retriever Sports
Model: Elkadart Tornado
Finish: Natural
Tungsten: 90%
Weight: 24g
Length: 48mm
Diameter: 7.3mm

I didn't measure these myself, but Darren did in his review of these, so I'll take the liberty of assuming that this will be good enough: http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=7112

Good idea, but unfortunately same as hamo I can't contribute as I don't have any digital calipers either
Thanks people. Smile

I think I got through most of GetaGrips reviews last night, Ill start working my way through the members reviews next.

I've changed Manufacturer to Brand because I thought it might get confusing to keep Manufacturer, whereas Brand seems to be the one more commonly listed on websites.

hamo, mc... Not to worry, I knew it would be difficult for everyone to do this, not having the equipment to measure.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
[Image: attachment.php?aid=12483]
Fantastic initiative Swiiitch! Hope more members can contribute!  Smile

On my side, it's a bit different as not many here are interested in my kind of darts (double threaded or M3/4BA tipped), and also the fact that just about everyone of my darts are modified, so the specs would be different from factory specs, but I just wanted to say that I'm sure many members would find this useful in the long run!  Wink
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Definite plus 1 for this.  Now when members post "i'm looking for a ......" you can just point to this thread -
Bought me a digital caliper today just for this thread Big Grin I didn't check the list if some of mine where on it already I just did them all. Here you go:

Brand: Unicorn
Model: John Lowe World champion ambassador 25g
Weight: 25.00
Length: 40.74mm
Diameter: 7.81mm

Brand: Target
Model: Phil Taylor Power 9Five generation 3 26g
Finish: Gold and silica
Tungsten: 95%
Weight: 26.12
Length: 47.33
Diameter: 7.82

Year: 2016 (older edition)
Model: Dazzler Darryl Fitton 24g
Weight: 23.96
Length: 50.68
Diameter: 7.13mm

Brand: Monster
Model: Monster "the Cobra" Jelle Klaasen 22g
Weight: 20.29
Length: 42.14mm
Diameter: 7.41mm

Year:?
Model: Kim Huybrechts DNA 24g
Finish: DNA
Weight: 24.63
Length: 50.27mm
Diameter: 6.62mm

Model: Raymond van Barneveld world champion phase 4 23g
Weight: 23.21
Length: 50.60mm
Diameter: 6.75mm

Year: 2016 (older edition)
Model: James Wade Phase 2 24g
Finish: Not sure if you can call this natural?
Weight: 24.25
Length: 52.82mm
Diameter: 6.58mm

Model: Thephen Bunting the Bullet 23g (80% version)
Tungsten: 80%
Weight: 23.21
Length: 46.55mm
Diameter: 7.70mm

Brand: Red Dragon
Model: Peter Wright Snakebite PL15 26g
Weight: 26.07
Length: 50.83mm
Diameter: 7.36mm

Model: Kyle Anderson Contender golden 23g
Finish: Gold
Weight: 23.25g
Length: 44.77mm
Diameter: 7.31mm

Year: ?
Brand: Winmau
Model: Simon whitlock the wizard 24g (the sniper like model)
Weight: 23.84
Length: 50.88mm
Diameter: 7.32mm

Year: ? (No oversized pears so older model)
Model: Steve Beaton 22g
Weight: 21.96
Length: 43.3mm
Diameter: 7.01mm

Model: Steve Beaton 24g
Finish: Adonis
Weight: 24.08
Length: 46.30mm
Diameter: 7.03mm

Model: Ted Hankey 14g
Weight: 14.22
Length: 43.72mm
Diameter: 6.23mm

Brand: Monster
Model: Monster arc II 2ba 18g
Weight: 16.43 (barrels only)
Length: 43.07mm
Diameter: 7.06mm

Brand: Mckicks
Model: Mckicks Lightning range Premium Whites 25g
Weight: 25.54
Length: 54.16mm
Diameter: 6.40mm

Model: Unicorn Sigma Ultracore
Tungsten: ?
Weight: Variable
Length: 40.95mm
Diameter: 7.48mm

Brand: Designa
Model: Stiletto Copper Tungsten 17g
Finish: natural (copper tungsten)
Weight: 17.37
Length: 47.46mm
Diameter: 6.32mm

Brand: Bulls
Model: Bulls razor r3 18g (2ba soft tip)
Finish: Blue coating + natural
Weight: 15.99 (barrels only)
Length: 58.02mm
Diameter: 5.93mm

Brand: Designa
Model: Designa Bronze 22g
Finish: Bronze coating
Weight: 22.35
Length: 50.92mm
Diameter: 6.21mm
Wow nice thread and good work. Very useful!

I would help and add my darts to it, but I don't think my nephews caliper is very accurate these days Big Grin

[Image: AD71190B-10B5-47CD-B72D-E54FF17F6F70_zpsukc9zcwa.jpg]
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart Specifications Database - Steel Tip Swiiiitch 12 9,021 10-13-2018, 12:19 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Elysian 2 & 3 specifications Stephen Thompson 1 346 07-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Last Post: donnie
  When do you know what kind of dart specifications you like? Xkyle813x 16 1,313 07-22-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: dervish
  Dart Specifications Database - Soft Tip Swiiiitch 3 2,739 10-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Swiiiitch