Show us how you store all your darts
(11-19-2019, 12:21 PM)Jürgen Pelt Wrote: Thank you for your kind comments!

The brass rings are eyelets (I hope it is the correct word) used in different handicrafts to surround/define/beautify various holes, I think. More precisely, they are one half of them. I am indeed proud of this particular design idea - a hole with a golden/brass ring seems so much more than just a hole Smile

Thank you for this great tip. I know exactly what you are talking about.
There are literally hundreds of design options with eyelets and grommets.
(11-17-2019, 10:14 PM)Jürgen Pelt Wrote: Finished yesterday my long project to build a proper darts holder/display. Took me some six months of planning, sourcing materials, acquiring tools, googling how to do stuff (half of the procedures I had never done before, and other half not since school) and tinkering evenings and weekends. Quite happy with the result, and how it corresponds to the design that I had in mind,  but even more happier about the process of learning.

Respect! At first I only read comments on this page. Then I looked it up and it's amazing. Pure darts beauty.
(11-17-2019, 10:14 PM)Jürgen Pelt Wrote: Finished yesterday my long project to build a proper darts holder/display. Took me some six months of planning, sourcing materials, acquiring tools, googling how to do stuff (half of the procedures I had never done before, and other half not since school) and tinkering evenings and weekends. Quite happy with the result, and how it corresponds to the design that I had in mind,  but even more happier about the process of learning.

I don't know whether to call that a great piece of furniture ..... or an art piece !!!
+1
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(11-19-2019, 03:16 PM)Jefferz Wrote: I just use a yoga block, but I'm thinking of later on finding an old tree stump, sawing it in half, and then using that.

I snagged one of the wedges I cut out when felling a tree. Didn't do a great job of lining up the drill straight. But it holds a set for me, and a set for my wife next to the board. I'll have to see if I can get a picture tonight. I also like that it gives a bit of stadium seating, and it's easier than just flat from front to back. I may drill a third line of holes up the middle.

Not sure if anyone is chamfering the holes, but I took a bit for countersinking screws to give each hole a feed ramp of sorts. Makes it a lot easier to slide the points in.

I'm a big fan of wood and leather though. Still thinking if there is a way I can make a case out of leather. Thin plastic covered in leather, not sure how to put a usable pocket for stems/flights. Then I see cases I can get for $10, and I realize I like my cheap case, and tackle box for bulk.
(12-18-2019, 08:51 PM)Xcgates Wrote: I snagged one of the wedges I cut out when felling a tree.  Didn't do a great job of lining up the drill straight.  But it holds a set for me, and a set for my wife next to the board.  I'll have to see if I can get a picture tonight.  I also like that it gives a bit of stadium seating, and it's easier than just flat from front to back.  I may drill a third line of holes up the middle.

Not sure if anyone is chamfering the holes, but I took a bit for countersinking screws to give each hole a feed ramp of sorts.  Makes it a lot easier to slide the points in.

I'm a big fan of wood and leather though.  Still thinking if there is a way I can make a case out of leather.  Thin plastic covered in leather, not sure how to put a usable pocket for stems/flights.  Then I see cases I can get for $10, and I realize I like my cheap case, and tackle box for bulk.
I think it would look pretty good.
(12-18-2019, 10:06 PM)Jefferz Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:51 PM)Xcgates Wrote: I snagged one of the wedges I cut out when felling a tree.  Didn't do a great job of lining up the drill straight.  But it holds a set for me, and a set for my wife next to the board.  I'll have to see if I can get a picture tonight.  I also like that it gives a bit of stadium seating, and it's easier than just flat from front to back.  I may drill a third line of holes up the middle.

Not sure if anyone is chamfering the holes, but I took a bit for countersinking screws to give each hole a feed ramp of sorts.  Makes it a lot easier to slide the points in.

I'm a big fan of wood and leather though.  Still thinking if there is a way I can make a case out of leather.  Thin plastic covered in leather, not sure how to put a usable pocket for stems/flights.  Then I see cases I can get for $10, and I realize I like my cheap case, and tackle box for bulk.
I think it would look pretty good.

Recently the bark came off, but it still looks decent, and I flipped the bark around so it's a curved backstop to a little figurine that is normally next to the darts.  Normal decor had to make way for Christmas.  Didn't sand or do anything for it.  Literally just the bit you cut from the tree to direct the fall.

Have a few other wedges I set aside the last few days.  I'll have a few slabs of live oak I may do something with for decoration, or key hanging boards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-22-2019, 07:22 PM)The Jester Wrote: The 17 sets of my ‘collection’ are now housed in my Takoma Home case. 
PICS REMOVED
And then there’s my match case (Takoma XL) ready time go at all times. 
PIC REMOVED

Are the zip pockets of the Takoma XL easy to get into? I ask because I have the standard Takoma case and can barely get my fingers in to dig out stems, rings, etc. I like the case otherwise but boy are those tiny compartments hard to get anything out of. Thanks
(01-06-2020, 10:16 PM)Xcgates Wrote: Recently the bark came off, but it still looks decent, and I flipped the bark around so it's a curved backstop to a little figurine that is normally next to the darts.  Normal decor had to make way for Christmas.  Didn't sand or do anything for it.  Literally just the bit you cut from the tree to direct the fall.

Have a few other wedges I set aside the last few days.  I'll have a few slabs of live oak I may do something with for decoration, or key hanging boards.
I tend to like the natural look, so that looks decent.

My current yoga block is looking the worst for wear after only a short time - the dart holes tend to become more 'generous' as time goes on. So as you can see, many of the darts tend to sag to one side.

With wood, this won't be as much of a problem. Time to find me a tree....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-06-2020, 10:24 PM)Jefferz Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 10:16 PM)Xcgates Wrote: Recently the bark came off, but it still looks decent, and I flipped the bark around so it's a curved backstop to a little figurine that is normally next to the darts.  Normal decor had to make way for Christmas.  Didn't sand or do anything for it.  Literally just the bit you cut from the tree to direct the fall.

I tend to like the natural look, so that looks decent.

My current yoga block is looking the worst for wear after only a short time - the dart holes tend to become more 'generous' as time goes on. So as you can see, many of the darts tend to sag to one side.

With wood, this won't be as much of a problem. Time to find me a tree....

Know anyone with land?  I've got a few acres, and over the last year and a half have been pretty steadily cutting down dead/diseased/competing trees.  I can't give away what I cut.  Just last weekend generated a lot more firewood, and a bed load of slash that I dumped onto a burn pile.  Still two more trees to drop in that area of the yard.  Shipping would be rough to you though.  Big Grin

I'm assuming you are looking for something different than a board from the hardware store.  Which with a little stain (or my favorite, tung oil finish) can look pretty sharp as well.
(01-07-2020, 04:06 PM)Xcgates Wrote: Know anyone with land?  I've got a few acres, and over the last year and a half have been pretty steadily cutting down dead/diseased/competing trees.  I can't give away what I cut.  Just last weekend generated a lot more firewood, and a bed load of slash that I dumped onto a burn pile.  Still two more trees to drop in that area of the yard.  Shipping would be rough to you though.  Big Grin

I'm assuming you are looking for something different than a board from the hardware store.  Which with a little stain (or my favorite, tung oil finish) can look pretty sharp as well.
I'll probably just myself a nice little oak tree stump around the back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Darts Nutz Comparison Thread - show us your darts elevendarter 93 22,604 03-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Rollback
Star Show us your Bristow darts Fred-180 193 66,257 03-13-2020, 11:43 PM
Last Post: GutshotGrant
  Show us your 'home customized' darts! TJ Jones 5 640 01-25-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Patrick.B
  Show us your match darts G00dband 118 38,098 08-26-2019, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Show us your battle scarred darts Angel of darts 7 571 02-28-2019, 03:59 AM
Last Post: ROKGoose
  Show Us Your MONSTER darts! Mr.K 196 58,619 02-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Last Post: BDG
Star Show us your darts trophies or medals Getagrip 78 19,841 01-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Show us your smooth darts 4737 Carlin 19 4,732 12-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
Star Show us your Unicorn Hero darts..! Tim1984 20 7,045 09-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Show us your darts with coatings! MauriceDarter 0 794 02-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: MauriceDarter