One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review
(08-24-2016, 12:23 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I did a quick test yesterday but I think the conditions should be done better as I did not have the rubber feet on the back of the G3 but the highest sound I recorded on the G3 was 76 decibels and on the HD2 it was 78 decibels and my loud fart registered 58 decibels lol, but I was about 5 feet away from the phone when I did that Wink Blush

Interesting, so in the same set-up and without the rubber feet, the G3 was still quieter than the HD2 Smile
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
I bought another G2 not long ago so hopefully the G3 will either. One down in price or be available as "board only option".
May get a back up G2 or even buy the Target Pro Tour ( DC version ) as it is a great price for £18
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(08-23-2016, 04:34 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Josh, I think its just the price putting people off so what price would tempt you to buy a G3?

Hm, about the £35-40 mark? Obviously add Rotafix cost but without it, this is more of an enticing price given it's an improved board. £51 might not sway people from their trusty Blade 4s/Eclipse HD2s/Advantage 3/5.01s/paper boards. Big Grin
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I'd consider this as a future board - but would have to use the Rotafix to make it feel value for money and currently whilst I have the Targt Vision 360 I can't use Rotalock - so maybe when Targets new Corona lighting system comes out I may re-visit it.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
(08-24-2016, 12:46 PM)goonas Wrote:
(08-24-2016, 12:23 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I did a quick test yesterday but I think the conditions should be done better as I did not have the rubber feet on the back of the G3 but the highest sound I recorded on the G3 was 76 decibels and on the HD2 it was 78 decibels and my loud fart registered 58 decibels lol, but I was about 5 feet away from the phone when I did that  Wink  Blush

Interesting, so in the same set-up and without the rubber feet, the G3 was still quieter than the HD2 Smile

Yeah so will need to run another test I think.

(08-24-2016, 02:25 PM)Kosumo Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 04:34 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Josh, I think its just the price putting people off so what price would tempt you to buy a G3?

Hm, about the £35-40 mark? Obviously add Rotafix cost but without it, this is more of an enticing price given it's an improved board. £51 might not sway people from their trusty Blade 4s/Eclipse HD2s/Advantage 3/5.01s/paper boards. Big Grin

Yeah I think around £40 is about right.

(08-24-2016, 02:33 PM)goonas Wrote: I'd consider this as a future board - but would have to use the Rotafix to make it feel value for money and currently whilst I have the Targt Vision 360 I can't use Rotalock - so maybe when Targets new Corona lighting system comes out I may re-visit it.

I'm sure the price will drop eventually though but as you say some may never use the Rotafix so may be they should do a version without it.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Super review and it sure does look like a nice board. Price for me is the main factor when it comes to buying a board however and when I can tend to get a standard B4 on offer for ~£20 or a B4DC on offer for ~£30 I find it hard to justify the extra money even if this board is better and those 2 boards I can get cheaper are still top quality. I do think it will sell well as it looks good and the blurb on the improvements sounds good. Anyway, as always super job Darren Smile
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks mate! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review again Grip, was getting excited about this one. However it seems like the longest product launch in history might push me to try something else and just stick the Rotafix on the back (hehe). If I can remember correctly it's been out in the wild with the EDO for nearly a year.
"Every Dogg Has His Day"...

Darts - 21g Target Rob Cross
Flights & Stems - Standard Clear Poly (punched) / Medium Clear Pro Grip 
Beautiful board. Difficult to locate online, and shipping to the States would be brutal. Ah, well. As with most dart products, I can hope for a reasonable US offering someday.

Was going to ask if the Rotafix mount would work in the Halo, but your quietest dartboard video provided the answer.
(09-13-2016, 04:21 PM)The Big Dogg Wrote: Great review again Grip, was getting excited about this one. However it seems like the longest product launch in history might push me to try something else and just stick the Rotafix on the back (hehe). If I can remember correctly it's been out in the wild with the EDO for nearly a year.

Cheers!

I think they wanted to put it through a lot of testing before it went to retail, after speaking to the One80 guy it was quite amazing to hear how much effort they put into making the board as good as possible, although it looks very similar to the G2 it has been improved a lot Smile

(09-15-2016, 03:23 AM)Aaron Wilkerson Wrote: Beautiful board. Difficult to locate online, and shipping to the States would be brutal. Ah, well. As with most dart products, I can hope for a reasonable US offering someday.

Was going to ask if the Rotafix mount would work in the Halo, but your quietest dartboard video provided the answer.

I think the G3 will be coming to the states soon too Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,432 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 26,703 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 117,835 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  One80 Gladiator II (2) Chr1st2aan 80 27,465 04-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Last Post: mondo
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,048 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,342 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,073 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 150,393 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,496 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 66,858 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean