Eclipse 2 HD (Update #2) - Pros and Cons
Strange my Bulls seems quite soft compared to unicorn boards. Not as soft a B4DC but it's defenitely not spitting out darts when I scuff them. True that plain silver points not stick as well but in a normal angle they usually not fall out.
(08-10-2016, 10:51 AM)Kev Wrote: Nice one Buckshot. I love the (bright) colors of this board, but the badly colored parts are disappointing. Would be nice to see how the board holds up and heals over time.
I will do an update from time to time. Getagrip did a review with progress updates already.

(08-10-2016, 11:11 AM)JayKay Wrote: Thanks Buckshot! I was considering this board but I'm going to swerve it. Fot that price I'd expect near perfection and I get that from the much cheaper Blade 4.

May try the G3 when it comes out though.

playing in league I think I've tried near all main boards and the Blade 4 is by far the best. G2 following in second with everything no where near these two. for me it is between the Bulls and Unicorn as the worse for the main boards (I hate playing on the bulls boards!)

No problem. But you should not expect all Unicorn boards to be like mine. As you can see in Getagrips review his board has not such big colour-issues. But its sad to see that its kind of a lottery whether you get a good or a bad board. 

If you want to buy a Unicorn board you definitely should go to a dartshop instead of ordering online.
(08-09-2016, 06:52 AM)rich345 Wrote: I would advise you to use a One80 rotafix bracket. You will not be able to use the rotalock feature but the way the bracket works you don't need it anyway. I have plasterboard walls and my wife could here me playing but since getting the bracket she says she cannot hear me at all

(08-10-2016, 10:01 AM)mc1958 Wrote: My opinion Zsocca is you wouldn't have any problems with either board - my throw isn't excessively hard and I had no problems with either, although I only had a couple of throws at the HD2.

Ihave a light throw and didnt have any problems with either the Blade4 orthe HD2
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
(08-10-2016, 01:05 PM)goonas Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 06:52 AM)rich345 Wrote: I would advise you to use a One80 rotafix bracket. You will not be able to use the rotalock feature but the way the bracket works you don't need it anyway. I have plasterboard walls and my wife could here me playing but since getting the bracket she says she cannot hear me at all

(08-10-2016, 10:01 AM)mc1958 Wrote: My opinion Zsocca is you wouldn't have any problems with either board - my throw isn't excessively hard and I had no problems with either, although I only had a couple of throws at the HD2.

Ihave a light throw and didnt have any problems with either the Blade4 orthe HD2

Thx the info, :thumbup:

[Image: wXZjkLE.gif]
Good, honest review. Nice to read about the good and bad points of the board. I'm still convinced by the board. It sure looks good, but your little niggles and the way it has worn in Getagrips reviews are swinging me to hold off on it
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

A Green, Black, and a Red Sharpie marker go a long way in fixing your coloring issues. They also work awesome for touching up areas that might show too much with use.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
First Update (3 weeks):

Its been about 4 weeks now since I have got the board. Due to vacation I have been throwing at it only about 3 weeks. I havent turned it yet and I have been throwing on 20's most of the time.

I think it looks not as bad as I was expecting it to look:

[Image: Foto08.09.16174823.jpg]
[Image: Foto08.09.16174855.jpg]

But compared to the worst looking area of my 14 months old One80 G2 its a massive difference in quality:

[Image: Foto09.08.16102354.jpg]

Here are some pictures of the plastic numbers. On the first day I almost crushed the 19, but luckily it did not break. 

[Image: Foto13.08.16122812.jpg]

Since then I have been using storm points (They are not thin and spiky than standard Target points). The only problem is the darts are bouncing off the numbers now and ruining my pavement instead of breaking the numbers.

[Image: Foto05.09.16184651.jpg]

Another thing that I have noticed is, that the density isnt the same all over the board. It differs a lot. For instance the area around the 19 ist very soft. My darts are going in more than twice as deep than usually. I felt like Kim Huybrechts  Big Grin

[Image: Foto14.08.16220343.jpg]
Great pictures m8! Thx your effort.  Uni board= waste of money Big Grin

[Image: wXZjkLE.gif]
i had a winmau pro sfb round wire board and replaced it with a basic blade 4.had it for 2 years now,no complaints.great quality,price few bounce outs.PLASTIC NUMBERS??? remember when everything became battery operated,then you were married to the battery shop,well now you will need to order dartboard numbers on your monthly flight order. just my 2 cents...
target carrera 24 gr c4s target titanium/ carbon stems,.target vision  flights
harrows bristow 24gr natural ringed,24g gold
harrows bristow 24gr cocked hand
harrows powerpoint 24gr vintage 1994
blade 4 board
ales and nails,BEER IN ACTION
If you are hitting the plastic numbers with that sort of regularity then it's not really meant for you, just change the number ring over with the normal metal one from another board - I've had my HD2 board up for about a month now and I've only hit the plastic numbers a couple of times.

Personally, although I still prefer the B4DC of the two, I do quite like the HD2.
(09-09-2016, 05:37 AM)mc1958 Wrote: If you are hitting the plastic numbers with that sort of regularity then it's not really meant for you, just change the number ring over with the normal metal one from another board - I've had my HD2 board up for about a month now and I've only hit the plastic numbers a couple of times.

Personally, although I still prefer the B4DC of the two, I do quite like the HD2.

Doesnt much matter what kind of number ring you have, if you hit it the darts bounce off Big Grin

But I dont care much about the plastic numbers, because I will definitely get no second Eclipse HD2 board. The cost-benefit ratio is very poor. If the price would be the similar to the Winmau Blade 4 and the One80 Gladiator 2 the board would be okay. But considering its about 70% more than these two boards its just not a good dartboard and no option for me.
I cant see the pics?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(09-09-2016, 05:35 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I cant see the pics?

Stupid uploading pages. Sometimes you cant see the pictures on forums.

Here are a few of them:
[attachment=9803][attachment=9804][attachment=9805][attachment=9806][attachment=9807]
Thanks!

Its strange for me this board as mine looks very holy now but for some reason I still enjoy throwing at it.

I have had hardly any bounceouts and not pinged off the numbers much recently either so I can live with the numbers although I do find them annoying sometimes when I accidently knock one off when turning the board or catch one as I pull a dart out but I knew the numbers would be a controversial aspect of this board. I still like the way it looks and although its holier than the Pope I don't notice it so much from the oche, my eyes are not that great from that distance anyway lol.

But overall I would say the wear is not up to par, I think it is more to do with the holes not closing well though and its a shame its not wearing as well as I had hoped because I still think its got a very nice spider, more thought has to go into the sisal though and improve its performance for wear.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
The numbers are not such a big issue for me. They do look nice and I knew from the beginning that they can break or fall off when you hit them. Even though I hit the numbers quite a few times, they dont fall off very often (Maybe 4-5 times overall).

What bothers me the most is that the quality of my board isnt worth the price that I have paid. The durability seems to be nowhere near other boards and I have had the colour-problem with a lot of triple segments. Thats just not what I expect from a board that is advertised like its the greatest dartboard ever made and is used in PDC TV events.

I am very interested in how your G3 wears. The only thing that annoyed me with the G2 was the extreme density of it. Apart from that the board is amazing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 152,402 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro 2 dartboard review Getagrip 14 21,418 07-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard review Getagrip 26 32,701 03-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Last Post: lthrneck
  Unicorn Eclipse HD Dartboard Review Getagrip 13 34,683 10-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Joene