Eclipse 2 HD (Update #2) - Pros and Cons
(08-09-2016, 08:48 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: If it is even softer than the Blade then it will not be hanging up for me, my latest G2 is awesome but there will almost certainly be a G3 there when it is eventually released
I played on a Blade4 on the weekend and I would say the HD2 is a bit softer.

(08-10-2016, 09:37 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one Buckshot Smile

I mentioned the colour issue but its not that the colours are badly applied as such its more a mis-alignment of the spider which they should be paying closer attention to.  I think the colours are screen printed on the board first then the spider pressed over the top so the only way to sort it after that is to touch up the areas where its left a bit offline, that's what they should be doing really, would make a big difference having that little touching up.

I think the board is denser than the B4DC though, I can put my nail into the B4DC easily but it does not go in as easy on the HD2 and I think the looser sisal on the B4DC is what heals the holes quicker, but of course I could be wrong, we need to think of a foolproof way to test the density I think, but there could also be slight variations from board to board.
Yes, you are right. Its not the colouring, its the way they press the spider into the sisal. Anyway, it should not look like mine considering its advertised like the greatest board of all time. If it were a board for 25€ I would not complain. 

I think you cant really compare the density. We dont know the conditions in the warehouses where the boards are stored. I think it can make a difference whether the board lays around for months in room with 40% or 50% humidity.

(08-10-2016, 09:53 AM)Zsocca Wrote: So guys, I'm still hesitate, which 1 is better for my light throw and light darts? Blade 4 Dual core tech. or the softer Uni?

Btw, Nice review easy +1 Smile

If I were you I would stick to a good old Winmau Blade4. To me the dual core is nonsense. Its not much more long-lasting, its not a lot more quiet... its just a lot more expensive than the Blade4.

I really dont like the development of prices for dartboard. Performance and quality are definitely not proportional related to the price increase. I think the HD2 and the Blade4 DC are about 33% more expensive than their predecessors. From what I heard the new Gladiator III will be in the same range compared to the Gladiator II.
Nice one Buckshot. I love the (bright) colors of this board, but the badly colored parts are disappointing. Would be nice to see how the board holds up and heals over time.
Thanks Buckshot! I was considering this board but I'm going to swerve it. Fot that price I'd expect near perfection and I get that from the much cheaper Blade 4.

May try the G3 when it comes out though.

playing in league I think I've tried near all main boards and the Blade 4 is by far the best. G2 following in second with everything no where near these two. for me it is between the Bulls and Unicorn as the worse for the main boards (I hate playing on the bulls boards!)
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
(08-10-2016, 11:11 AM)JayKay Wrote: Thanks Buckshot! I was considering this board but I'm going to swerve it. Fot that price I'd expect near perfection and I get that from the much cheaper Blade 4.

playing in league I think I've tried near all main boards and the Blade 4 is by far the best. G2 following in second with everything no where near these two. for me it is between the Bulls and Unicorn as the worse for the main boards (I hate playing on the bulls boards!)

I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't like Bull's boards lol.  I threw my Advantage III away after about a week as it was rock hard - every other dart was dropping out of the board (even with scuffing my points), and when they did stick in they were all at different angles - loads of people say it is the best board out there but I think it's worse than any other board I've played on, including old round wire boards.
(08-10-2016, 11:18 AM)mc1958 Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 11:11 AM)JayKay Wrote: Thanks Buckshot! I was considering this board but I'm going to swerve it. Fot that price I'd expect near perfection and I get that from the much cheaper Blade 4.

I'm glad it's not just me who doesn't like Bull's boards lol.  I threw my Advantage III away after about a week as it was rock hard - every other dart was dropping out of the board (even with scuffing my points), and when they did stick in they were all at different angles - loads of people say it is the best board out there but I think it's worse than any other board I've played on, including old round wire boards.

Same problem I have had and all that I know in Germany hate Bulls boards too. Most have now converted to B4 but some still have Unicorn and Bulls.

I would much prefer to play on a Unicorn board than a Bulls board actually, I throw hard at the board and I was stuill struggling massively with the bulls advantage boards
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
Strange my Bulls seems quite soft compared to unicorn boards. Not as soft a B4DC but it's defenitely not spitting out darts when I scuff them. True that plain silver points not stick as well but in a normal angle they usually not fall out.
(08-10-2016, 10:51 AM)Kev Wrote: Nice one Buckshot. I love the (bright) colors of this board, but the badly colored parts are disappointing. Would be nice to see how the board holds up and heals over time.
I will do an update from time to time. Getagrip did a review with progress updates already.

No problem. But you should not expect all Unicorn boards to be like mine. As you can see in Getagrips review his board has not such big colour-issues. But its sad to see that its kind of a lottery whether you get a good or a bad board. 

If you want to buy a Unicorn board you definitely should go to a dartshop instead of ordering online.
(08-09-2016, 06:52 AM)rich345 Wrote: I would advise you to use a One80 rotafix bracket. You will not be able to use the rotalock feature but the way the bracket works you don't need it anyway. I have plasterboard walls and my wife could here me playing but since getting the bracket she says she cannot hear me at all

(08-10-2016, 10:01 AM)mc1958 Wrote: My opinion Zsocca is you wouldn't have any problems with either board - my throw isn't excessively hard and I had no problems with either, although I only had a couple of throws at the HD2.

Ihave a light throw and didnt have any problems with either the Blade4 orthe HD2
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
(08-10-2016, 01:05 PM)goonas Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 06:52 AM)rich345 Wrote: I would advise you to use a One80 rotafix bracket. You will not be able to use the rotalock feature but the way the bracket works you don't need it anyway. I have plasterboard walls and my wife could here me playing but since getting the bracket she says she cannot hear me at all

(08-10-2016, 10:01 AM)mc1958 Wrote: My opinion Zsocca is you wouldn't have any problems with either board - my throw isn't excessively hard and I had no problems with either, although I only had a couple of throws at the HD2.

Ihave a light throw and didnt have any problems with either the Blade4 orthe HD2

Thx the info, :thumbup:

[Image: wXZjkLE.gif]
Good, honest review. Nice to read about the good and bad points of the board. I'm still convinced by the board. It sure looks good, but your little niggles and the way it has worn in Getagrips reviews are swinging me to hold off on it
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 149,779 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro 2 dartboard review Getagrip 14 20,560 07-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard review Getagrip 26 31,744 03-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Last Post: lthrneck
  Unicorn Eclipse HD Dartboard Review Getagrip 13 34,268 10-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Joene