Eclipse 2 HD (Update #2) - Pros and Cons
I know Geta already did a review of this board thats a lot better and more detailed than mine. Blush  But because I heard a lot of different opinions on this board respectively Unicorn boards in general (I never owned a Unicorn board myself) I want to get an idea of it myself. 

This is just some first impressions after unpacking it, hanging it up and throwing a few darts. I guess I will do a update after a while.

Update #1: http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthrea...#pid333621
Update #2: http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthrea...#pid345517

[Image: Foto09.08.16101321.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16101347.jpg]

The board looks very bright and has a high visibility. The new black ring and the white numbers are very eye-catching.

The problem is, when I took a closer look, I had to notice that almost all green segments are badly coloured. Approximately 75-80% of the green segments look like the ones on the photos below. I have seen that on other boards, but surely not to such vast extent. I am a bit shocked...

[Image: Foto09.08.16160728.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16101817.jpg][Image: Foto09.08.16101431.jpg][Image: Foto09.08.16101404.jpg]

There are a few green segments with red colour in them as well...

[Image: Foto09.08.16181752.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16181630.jpg]

To go on saying something positive about this board, the treble segments are definitely bigger than the ones of my old Gladiator II board. The biggest HD2 treble is almost 10mm while the biggest G2 treble is about 9.6 mm. The bullseye's are slightly different but are almost the same. Well, see it for yourself Big Grin

[Image: Foto09.08.16143436.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16162134.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16143335.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16143411.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16143348.jpg]
[Image: Foto09.08.16143404.jpg]

Now thats about the appearance of the board so far. I cant say much about the performance yet as I have only thrown a handful of darts. The only thing I perceived immediately is the softness of the board compared to my Gladiator II board. I think its a bit softer than the Blade 4 as well.

Thats it for the moment I guess. As already mentioned I will give a update in a couple of weeks. And maybe a conclusion at the end of the year or after 6 months of use.

[Image: Foto09.08.16184133.jpg]
Typical last dart lol Big Grin

Some last word about the colour issue:
Usually I am not the type of guy that complains about things like that. But considering the huge amount of segments being affected and the fact that this board costs about 60€ (About 60-70% more than a One80 Gladiator II or a Winmau Blade4) this is just not acceptable.

What surprises me the most is that Unicorn gives boards like that to retailers. Is there no quality control in this company? Is Unicorn not interested in refuting the bad reputation their boards have? 
If it is even softer than the Blade then it will not be hanging up for me, my latest G2 is awesome but there will almost certainly be a G3 there when it is eventually released
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

My Bulls advantage 3 also has similar spots like yours but only sideways (from segment to segment) and not as big it seems. Doesn't bother me really but I also was dissapointed at first.
Interesting review, but I won't nit-pick on some of the issues raised... +1

Suffice to say that personally, I love this board. Had just ONE wire bounce off after 2 months of use which I've simply never experienced before with any board. And it's nice and quiet, and just feels good and solid. Perhaps it doesn't heal quite as well as certain other boards, but I can live with that... And I can customise the numbers... Just what MORE can you ask for... ???
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
I've had the board since release, and I am just a newbie when it comes to darts (been playing a year now in the house), and I've done a decent job of killing the numbers, theres always a chip knocked out of one of them, to the point I've bought 4 replaceable sets and slowly been going through them too. The numbers you can buy to replace the original numbers seem thicker too and have given in less when being hit. I've also found a couple of cuts in the outter wire on mine. I never had any bounce outs until a few a couple of weeks ago.

Another thing with the numbers is that it is quite distracting if you've ever hit a number and its pinged off around the room.

I agree the colour bleed is pretty poor, for a product that is appearing on every TV set I'd have expected them to be a bit more up on the QC, as it is really apparent on TV too.

The board is really quiet too, so much more quiet than my Blade 4DC - the Blade 4DC in my setup used to disturb people in the house, but now with the HD2 no one notices which saves me ear ache.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
I got one a couple of weeks ago, and the only real issue I have with it is it is too big for my surround - I put my B4DC on top of it and the HD2 is about an inch or so bigger diameter wise so I'll have to wait until such time as I get myself a Unicorn surround before I can put it up.
Nice one Buckshot Smile

I mentioned the colour issue but its not that the colours are badly applied as such its more a mis-alignment of the spider which they should be paying closer attention to. I think the colours are screen printed on the board first then the spider pressed over the top so the only way to sort it after that is to touch up the areas where its left a bit offline, that's what they should be doing really, would make a big difference having that little touching up.

I think the board is denser than the B4DC though, I can put my nail into the B4DC easily but it does not go in as easy on the HD2 and I think the looser sisal on the B4DC is what heals the holes quicker, but of course I could be wrong, we need to think of a foolproof way to test the density I think, but there could also be slight variations from board to board.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(08-10-2016, 08:28 AM)goonas Wrote: I've had the board since release, and I am just a newbie when it comes to darts (been playing a year now in the house), and I've done a decent job of killing the numbers, theres always a chip knocked out of one of them, to the point I've bought 4 replaceable sets and slowly been going through them too. The numbers you can buy to replace the original numbers seem thicker too and have given in less when being hit. I've also found a couple of cuts in the outter wire on mine. I never had any bounce outs until a few a couple of weeks ago.

Another thing with the numbers is that it is quite distracting if you've ever hit a number and its pinged off around the room.

I agree the colour bleed is pretty poor, for a product that is appearing on every TV set I'd have expected them to be a bit more up on the QC, as it is really apparent on TV too.

The board is really quiet too, so much more quiet than my Blade 4DC - the Blade 4DC in my setup used to disturb people in the house, but now with the HD2 no one notices which saves me ear ache.

(08-10-2016, 08:43 AM)mc1958 Wrote: I got one a couple of weeks ago, and the only real issue I have with it is it is too big for my surround - I put my B4DC on top of it and the HD2 is about an inch or so bigger diameter wise so I'll have to wait until such time as I get myself a Unicorn surround before I can put it up.

So guys, I'm still hesitate, which 1 is better for my light throw and light darts? Blade 4 Dual core tech. or the softer Uni?

Btw, Nice review easy +1 Smile

[Image: wXZjkLE.gif]
My opinion Zsocca is you wouldn't have any problems with either board - my throw isn't excessively hard and I had no problems with either, although I only had a couple of throws at the HD2.
(08-10-2016, 10:01 AM)mc1958 Wrote: My opinion Zsocca is you wouldn't have any problems with either board - my throw isn't excessively hard and I had no problems with either, although I only had a couple of throws at the HD2.

Thx MC, good to hear this. Uni has nice numbers but I had bad exp. with the company in the past so maybe I will give a chance to DC.

[Image: wXZjkLE.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review Getagrip 130 149,002 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro 2 dartboard review Getagrip 14 20,280 07-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard review Getagrip 26 31,439 03-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Last Post: lthrneck
  Unicorn Eclipse HD Dartboard Review Getagrip 13 34,077 10-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Joene