Target Titanium carbon stems review
I've preordered a set in midi size just to try - they look different and are not expensive. If I get a snap as quickly as that it'll be the last ones I buy though. I've been using the same set of L Style carbons for two years and, although expensive initially, I consider them excellent value. As others have said, I don't really see the logic in 2 piece stems when a solid carbon stem is very strong indeed. I guess its just aesthetics and doing something different - although I'm surprised Target haven't offered their Progrips in carbon yet.
(07-29-2016, 08:05 PM)Greener Wrote: I do like the look if them, but dont understand the logic behind these. What s the titanium bit for? To add weight at the rear of the dart? Or just aesthetics? Or something else?

It feels like a philosophy of why use one material, when you can use two? Which doesn't really make sense.

So they can charge more...simple as that, like most of these gimmicks there's no practical benefit at all to the user.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Didn't they learn from the Unicorn stems ?
Phase 5 and Sigma Pro.
They had also the advantage of flexible tops instead of masive

Enjoy
may all the doubles be with you

I like the phase 5 and although I agree there is no real practicality with Ti carbon stems I thought they looked good and the idea of having both carbon and Titanium is interesting lol
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
I am so looking forward to trying these,,,,,Here is a pic of a setup on a set of darts ,,,,,Titanium Power stems with L-Flight flights,,,,the L-Flight cap just does cover the tangs of the replaceable top,,,,,

I like the feel of the smooth stem against my hand ,,,and the added weight,,,,these stems weight 2 grams by themselves,,,,Smile

[Image: afa81de3-24b9-4220-ab8e-d3a8edda5765_zpsqbkwu1wc.jpg]
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
So isany of the shops selling the Target Ti Carbon stems yet???,,,, curious minds want to know ,,,,????,,,Smile
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
Think they come out Sept 1st with the rest of the Target stuff
tnx for the heads up....
I have these fitted to my Daytona Fires and so far so good (6+ months) I think the idea of the two piece stem (carbon/Ti) is to reduce the length of the carbon fiber portion to reduce the chance of breakage by reducing the leverage. Just my thoughts though haven't read this anywhere.
 Darts I Use:
| Target Azzuri Cortex CX6 (25g) | Winmau Stratos (26g) | Target Daytona Fire DF03 (24g) | Harrows Wolfram Infinity (26g) | Phil Taylor G3 (24g) | Phil Taylor Legacy | Harrows Quantum (26g) | RvB 95 (25g) | Red Dragon Patriots (24g) | Voks Hellfire Helix (21g) | Eric Bristow Gold Ti (26g) | 
(11-19-2017, 03:24 AM)Oldsalt Wrote: I have these fitted to my Daytona Fires and so far so good (6+ months) I think the idea of the two piece stem (carbon/Ti) is to reduce the length of the carbon fiber portion to reduce the chance of breakage by reducing the leverage. Just my thoughts though haven't read this anywhere.

That's what I was also thinking. They seem to work well so far on my Daytona Fires. I've gone through different stages of shaft materials in my Dart life, so this is just another chapter and these do look good on the Fires so I will continue to use them. I've seen aluminum bend when the Dart hits the ground/floor just right, I've seen nylon break when it hits the floor/ground just right...it happens. Next on my list of entire shaft material is titanium, I think thats the only one I haven't tried. I guess everyone has an opinion about what works best. My personal opinion is to always carry extra shafts.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review Getagrip 24 2,276 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 135 29,725 07-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Target Takoma XL Darts Case Review Getagrip 13 702 03-05-2019, 09:17 AM
  Target Takoma Darts Wallet review Getagrip 52 18,277 01-29-2019, 02:38 PM
  Target Ten X Darts Flights Review Getagrip 10 791 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 2,861 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
  Cusoul Rost Integrated Stems and Flights Review Getagrip 12 3,298 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: donnie
  Archers Vice Grip stems review Getagrip 28 7,686 08-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: CanadaTon
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 987 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
  Target Daytona Dart Wallet Review copigme 36 9,686 05-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: bullseye66