Gran Board Ver.2 review
And finally I have my softip board. Or I've had it for a week or so and the video finally rendered. Big Grin

Yep, you heard that right - the video rendered!

Hopefully you enjoy the video review, covers quite a bit but here's some detailed pictures for those who came expecting them. I've had this board a week now so it will show some wear. Tongue

[Image: QSi4uDC.jpg]
[Image: aHMXmlh.jpg]
[Image: c5e9cDz.jpg]
[Image: QPxobpJ.jpg]
[Image: uYU4OWO.jpg]
[Image: 3z4q8nj.jpg]
[Image: 8sSDJfy.jpg]
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Nice review Josh! Wow! Did it take a week for the video to render?  Big Grin
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
(07-29-2016, 09:49 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Nice review Josh! Wow! Did it take a week for the video to render?  Big Grin

No, it just messed up loads of times. Big Grin

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

Great review. Think this just pushed me over the edge to finally get one.
(07-30-2016, 12:43 AM)JDorks Wrote: Great review. Think this just pushed me over the edge to finally get one.

Awesome, glad to hear I made a sale happen. Big Grin

I'm sure you'll like it, it's a fantastic board. The free online play is surely a bonus too Wink

Thanks for the review. It seemed like you had quite a few bounce outs; I have no experience with soft tip boards, is that common?

I am deciding between the Gran Board 2 and the Hi Darts. The Hi Darts is on sale right now for £295 delivered and I can get the Gran Board 2 with the Gran Board carpet for £242.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(10-25-2016, 11:07 PM)kungfuron Wrote: Thanks for the review.  It seemed like you had quite a few bounce outs; I have no experience with soft tip boards, is that common?

I am deciding between the Gran Board 2 and the Hi Darts.  The Hi Darts is on sale right now for £295 delivered and I can get the Gran Board 2 with the Gran Board carpet for £242.

Thanks! Smile

Bounce outs can be more common with softip boards, as there's less space for the points to stick (as plastic doesn't move out the way like sisal does) although I blame the setup I used in this video for 90 to 95% of them. The GB2 is actually quite good for bounceouts - combine them with Cosmo Fit Point Plus tips and there's definitely a good hold and not too many bounces.

I haven't tried the Hi Darts so can't comment on that but Darren did a pretty good review of it. With you being a Canadian I suppose it might be cheaper to get the Gran Board, I know A-Z stock them but I've no idea on shipping costs or customs charges so they might end up being level but maybe cheaper for the GB2.

Both boards have their benefits and drawbacks, I mean both have online play I think but the GB2's scoring system is Android/iOS driven over the PC based method of the Hi Darts so I suppose it's more convenient to see the scoring on the GB2, and there's a lot of games available on the Gran Board app, as well as loads of customisation.

As I say I can't give a proper representation having not tried the Hi Darts but I can do what I can Wink

I'm glad you're having less bounce outs, what did you find helped in your set up?

The GB2 is about £190 all in and the Hi Darts is £295. So the GB2 is significantly cheaper.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Great review Josh, have a +2 for your time and effort Smile

I think this board and the Hi darts are the only 2 I would consider really Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Is it posible to play against online players?
How is it?
Works fine online?

Im about buying a electronic board. Id like quality and online game.
It is dificult. I hear about H2, DartsConect, Hi darts, GrandBoard 2...
Valencia/Spain

[Image: 26597624506_7a2c7eab75_c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gran Board with DARTSLIVE SOUNDS bharv2221 2 2,409 03-31-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Roidrage
  Gran 3 Information from Gran Customer Support Bull 0 329 01-28-2019, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Bull
  My Gran Board 2 Review Paul Brainard 17 2,912 09-16-2018, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Randall Cox
  Darts Board Review - D.CRAft NEW SATURN DARTS BOARD (Soft) jayouloun 13 7,708 07-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Kosumo
  GRAN BOARD LITE Hajime Yamanaka 4 7,087 01-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Last Post: laaeaz