Darts that are fun and/or strictly performance.
It's no secret (!) that I throw 22g Harrows Duzza's but I still like to get my old 25g Unicorn Stings out from time to time. They're the first proper set I bought and are from 1995. I'll never get rid of them and I carry them as a spare set as I know I can throw them.

Earlier this week I joined the 14g Hankey club so and I think these will be part of my practice routine although not sure how or why yet. Great fun to throw but still trying to find a setup that works.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
(07-15-2016, 03:13 AM)Banz Wrote: It's no secret (!) that I throw 22g Harrows Duzza's but I still like to get my old 25g Unicorn Stings out from time to time.  They're the first proper set I bought and are from 1995.  I'll never get rid of them and I carry them as a spare set as I know I can throw them.

Earlier this week I joined the 14g Hankey club so and I think these will be part of my practice routine although not sure how or why yet.  Great fun to throw but still trying to find a setup that works.

Funny enough I was just chatting with a mate about Hankey's at 14 gram.  I'd go with the 21's myself methinks, however I do like having a go with my 12 gram Bunty's once in awhile, so 14's aren't out of the realm of possibility.

What setup have you ben going with on the Ted's?

Brad
(07-15-2016, 03:40 AM)Great White North Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 03:13 AM)Banz Wrote: Earlier this week I joined the 14g Hankey club so and I think these will be part of my practice routine although not sure how or why yet.  Great fun to throw but still trying to find a setup that works.

Funny enough I was just chatting with a mate about Hankey's at 14 gram.  I'd go with the 21's myself methinks, however I do like having a go with my 12 gram Bunty's once in awhile, so 14's aren't out of the realm of possibility.

Brad

Well, I'm so happy with the Duzza's that the Hankeys weren't really purchased to be a realistic contender as "match darts".  As such I just wanted them to be the same as the darts he uses, hence 14g.

I've only tried the following...
  • medium stems and standard flights (which felt too long)
  • extra short stems and standard flights (which are too short)
I got a set of intermediate stems amongst the freebies so I'll try those tonight.  Both the setups above landed too tail up for my liking so I'll try mixing a different flight in there as well.  Time to get out the patented "Banz's Dart Tune-Up Kit" which looks a lot like a old shoebox full of flights and stems....

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

(07-15-2016, 04:07 AM)Banz Wrote: Well, I'm so happy with the Duzza's that the Hankeys weren't really purchased to be a realistic contender as "match darts".  As such I just wanted them to be the same as the darts he uses, hence 14g.

I've only tried the following...
  • medium stems and standard flights (which felt too long)
  • extra short stems and standard flights (which are too short)
I got a set of intermediate stems amongst the freebies so I'll try those tonight.  Both the setups above landed too tail up for my liking so I'll try mixing a different flight in there as well.  Time to get out the patented "Banz's Dart Tune-Up Kit" which looks a lot like a old shoebox full of flights and stems....

Kites or pears would bring that tail end down as you well know.  

I was going to try them with longer Cosmo #7 stems and Super Kite flights.

Have fun tinkering with the Hankey's. Cool

Brad
(07-15-2016, 04:15 AM)Great White North Wrote: Kites or pears would bring that tail end down as you well know.  

Yeah, you'd think so but the only thing I've found that really has that effect are slimlines. I don't know if I somehow change my throw to compensate with kites or pears but they seem to land the same for me with other darts I've tried them on.

(07-15-2016, 04:51 AM)Banz Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 04:15 AM)Great White North Wrote: Kites or pears would bring that tail end down as you well know.  

Yeah, you'd think so but the only thing I've found that really has that effect are slimlines.  I don't know if I somehow change my throw to compensate with kites or pears but they seem to land the same for me with other darts I've tried them on.

Usually the norm yes, but like yourself pears/kites still stand up on me as well.  Long/skinny barrels I like to have land pretty much level, reason why I go with the longer stems and smaller flights.  We're all different, one of the reasons why we enjoy the grand game so much.

Brad
From time to time I like to break out the little 10g featherlites from RD - https://www.reddragondarts.com/det/9101/...1-10-gram/
A fun little dart to throw, but I don't spend too much time throwing them as I find I over extend my elbow with them. Still good fun for 5 minutes here and there Smile
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(07-15-2016, 03:40 AM)Great White North Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 03:13 AM)Banz Wrote: It's no secret (!) that I throw 22g Harrows Duzza's but I still like to get my old 25g Unicorn Stings out from time to time.  They're the first proper set I bought and are from 1995.  I'll never get rid of them and I carry them as a spare set as I know I can throw them.

Earlier this week I joined the 14g Hankey club so and I think these will be part of my practice routine although not sure how or why yet.  Great fun to throw but still trying to find a setup that works.

Brad
I won a set of 23 gram Hankeys, fitted storm points to them and then found I can barely hit the wall with them. Too front biased for me LOL
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(07-14-2016, 03:04 PM)Great White North Wrote: Hello everyone.

I've got numerous sets which I throw every now and again just because I get a kick out of throwing them.  Wouldn't necessarily use them in any comp as I have my "workhorses" match darts that have proven themselves in the heat of battle as it were.

So I'm curious on folks thoughts about darts you have and throw just for fun, or do you strictly have/use darts that are for their performance?

Brad

I've recently had a major desire to get a set of the first darts I ever owned and throw them for fun, but they've been discontinued for ages. If you look at the right side of this page, http://www.unicorn-darts.com/upload/dart...bp24_3.jpg , you can see them - model 06512, 23g T90, the second from left on the right page (also pictured in the case at the bottom). I can't find them anywhere and have given up - it was for nostalgia's sake only, and they're not the right darts for me at all. I'd also love to have a set of 06519, the 26g knurled darts (those ones are far more my speed), but I'm not going to find those, either, so I'm currently looking at either RD Thorntons or Winmau Saracen at 26 (and 24, since I'm toying with the idea of dropping weight now that my game seems to have stagnated).

The only set I throw for fun, therefore, is another discontinued set, I posted a pic of them in the U.F.O. forum: http://dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=21493

Well after watching Pipe play earlier I dug these out for a go, Madhouse Customs from a couple years ago.

Don't have any shorter Cosmo stems so my JP sig Super Kites didn't go well with #7 carbon stems, threw some slims on some Ali's and they're going well.

[Image: f289e8b9-02a7-4947-bd51-4775a05009e9_zpsvpavlanv.jpg]

Brad
(07-14-2016, 07:30 PM)4737 Carlin Wrote: I've got my tried and true practice/match darts which I use constantly but i also collect darts so am always picking up new sets. I'll have the occasional throw with some of them for fun - currently liking these 18 gram barrels I got from darts clearance :
[Image: 9B9oKBR.jpg]
These are works of art. Id happily  have them on display on the mantelpiece .
After a long time away from the sport I had no clue what kind of dart I wanted so just went on e-bay and bought some Dart World Piranha darts. They are 25g and 54 x 6.2. They came in a pretty nice case and I think that's what sold me on purchasing them. They're too heavy for me but I've kept them and will pull them out and toss around for a bit, guess today is a good day to do that.

I've been using Aden Kirk 22g so wonder how they'll feel after throwing 25g darts? They are 50.6 x 6.6 and been having a pretty good game with them. Actually just ordered the gold version and in the mail now
(07-18-2016, 02:48 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: After a long time away from the sport I had no clue what kind of dart I wanted so just went on e-bay and bought some Dart World Piranha darts. They are 25g and 54 x 6.2. They came in a pretty nice case and I think that's what sold me on purchasing them. They're too heavy for me but I've kept them and will pull them out and toss around for a bit, guess today is a good day to do that.

I've been using Aden Kirk 22g so wonder how they'll feel after throwing 25g darts? They are 50.6 x 6.6 and been having a pretty good game with them. Actually just ordered the gold version and in the mail now

Definitely a North American thing the Piranha's.  Many in my part of the orb have them as they're one of the few manufacturers that local shops stock.

Brad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Performance Centre Membership The Jester 3 176 09-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Rate my performance DAVEISTHENAME 11 463 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Performance darts 50/50 issue with barrel The Jester 24 1,259 07-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Last Post: The Jester
  Performance Darts: Signing of Adam Smith-Neale vanJupp 27 2,125 03-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Last Post: tonywalsh00
  Performance Darts: Design Competiton vanJupp 17 1,198 12-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Getting over a bad performance LeeICFC 22 2,746 04-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out