unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review
lol
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I was just thinking that Darren. I've never done it, but maybe I'll take the number ring right off for the fun of it Tongue
It's not like I don;t know which number is which lol
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
(06-09-2016, 11:27 AM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: OOOPS... My number "3" is hors de combat...  Blush

Are those spare numbers out yet...??? 

Apart from this mishap, I have to say I'm absolutely loving the board - it's an absolute pleasure and a joy to throw at...!

Can send you what you need Chris - and anyone else! Email Lee lparker@unicorngroup.com

Bulk stock in the different colours will be into us around end June

Kind regards

Edward
Edward Lowy
Managing Director
Unicorn Products Ltd
http://www.unicorn-darts.com
(06-10-2016, 04:11 PM)Edward Lowy Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 11:27 AM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: OOOPS... My number "3" is hors de combat...  Blush

Are those spare numbers out yet...??? 

Apart from this mishap, I have to say I'm absolutely loving the board - it's an absolute pleasure and a joy to throw at...!

Can send you what you need Chris - and anyone else! Email Lee lparker@unicorngroup.com

Bulk stock in the different colours will be into us around end June

Kind regards

Edward

Cheers Edward! Will do that.

Kind regards,
Chris
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Emailed Lee @ Unicorn last night and received a prompt reply with a promise to send me out some spare numbers next week. 

I really appreciate this customer service from Unicorn. Thanks Edward and Lee!  Smile

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
(06-11-2016, 12:50 PM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: Emailed Lee @ Unicorn last night and received a prompt reply with a promise to send me out some spare numbers next week. 

I really appreciate this customer service from Unicorn. Thanks Edward and Lee!  Smile

No problem at all Chris, we appreciate your interest in Unicorn products.

Kind regards

Edward
Edward Lowy
Managing Director
Unicorn Products Ltd
http://www.unicorn-darts.com
Awesome review again. Another one that I watched by the poolside on holiday Wink
The board sure does look great out of the box and the improvements all sound good. Time will tell if it is going to sway me to buy a Unicorn board, but I sure do hope that they have come up with a board that will be worth buying. As you say it is a shame it doesn't have a rota-lock system like the B4DC, but that is minor compared to how the sisal itself functions and holds up over time. Looking forward to seeing the updates and will definitely consider this as my next board Smile
=========================================================================================
[Image: PelXyih.png]
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks Barry, enjoy the sun while we have miserable dull and drizzly weather as usual lol! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Spare set of Eclipse HD2 numbers arrived today, courtesy of Unicorn. Thanks again Edward, Lee and Alex from Unicorn for sorting these for me!

I now have an intact number "3" again...!  Smile

Hi, how's this board wearing? As thinking of a possible purchase as like the look of the board but bought a few unicorn boards in the past and absolutely useless when it comes wear so don't want to be burnt again.
Currently using a Bulls Advantage II which is best board I've owned so far!....Winmau's ain't bad either.
I'm in the market for a new board and considering either the Winmau Blade 4 dual core(cheaper!) or the Unicorn HD 2.
Can you let us know.
By the way, your reviews on products are fantastic on YouTube which has lead me to forum.
CURRENT DARTS:
22g Target Daytona Fire DF01.
(06-17-2016, 12:23 PM)TooDark Wrote: Hi, how's this board wearing? As thinking of a possible purchase as like the look of the board but bought a few unicorn boards in the past and absolutely useless when it comes wear so don't want to be burnt again.
Currently using a Bulls Advantage II which is best board I've owned so far!....Winmau's ain't bad either.
I'm in the market for a new board and considering either the Winmau Blade 4 dual core(cheaper!) or the Unicorn HD 2.
Can you let us know.
By the way, your reviews on products are fantastic on YouTube which has lead me to forum.

Hello and welcome aboard!

I had a Bulls 2 and there is and was a lot to like about it but although its very nice to look at I did end up breaking the spider and I also found it very hard for a couple of months and had a lot of drop outs. But it did certainly last well except for the spider.

I don't think the HD2 will be as long lasting as that as the sisal is not as dense. Its doing well so far though but I think sometimes the holes linger too long and don't close up as well as I would like but I don't think its terribly bad in that respect as it happens on my Blade 4 DC too and once a dart hits a few times near the hole it closes up ok. But I think the spider is great on it and that clear visual look seems to help me focus better and I do find myself really enjoying throwing at it Smile

Still only had the one drop out too Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-17-2016, 03:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 12:23 PM)TooDark Wrote: Hi, how's this board wearing? As thinking of a possible purchase as like the look of the board but bought a few unicorn boards in the past and absolutely useless when it comes wear so don't want to be burnt again.
Can you let us know.

I had a Bulls 2 and there is and was a lot to like about it but although its very nice to look at I did end up breaking the spider and I also found it very hard for a couple of months and had a lot of drop outs. But it did certainly last well except for the spider.

I don't think the HD2 will be as long lasting as that as the sisal is not as dense. Its doing well so far though but I think sometimes the holes linger too long and don't close up as well as I would like but I don't think its terribly bad in that respect as it happens on my Blade 4 DC too and once a dart hits a few times near the hole it closes up ok. But I think the spider is great on it and that clear visual look seems to help me focus better and I do find myself really enjoying throwing at it Smile

Hi and thanks!

Holes tend to not heal quickly on new boards anyway I find due to being new and standout more.
Spider holding up just fine on the Bulls board but I also found darts dropping out but there's a quick solution for that. Just used a little sandpaper and twisted a few onto each dart point(first 5mm) and voila no drop outs.
CURRENT DARTS:
22g Target Daytona Fire DF01.
Had a pre-order link from one retailer for the new Unicorn range, and it looks like the spare numbers will be available at the end of June and will retail for about £3.30 per set (in all colours), which is cheaper than I was expecting actually, and not too bad a price at all. I shall definitely be ordering a few spare sets!  Smile

(06-17-2016, 03:54 PM)TooDark Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 03:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
Can you let us know.

I had a Bulls 2 and there is and was a lot to like about it but although its very nice to look at I did end up breaking the spider and I also found it very hard for a couple of months and had a lot of drop outs.  But it did certainly last well except for the spider.

I don't think the HD2 will be as long lasting as that as the sisal is not as dense.  Its doing well so far though but I think sometimes the holes linger too long and don't close up as well as I would like but I don't think its terribly bad in that respect as it happens on my Blade 4 DC too and once a dart hits a few times near the hole it closes up ok.  But I think the spider is great on it and that clear visual look seems to help me focus better and I do find myself really enjoying throwing at it Smile

Hi and thanks!

Holes tend to not heal quickly on new boards anyway I find due to being new and standout more.
Spider holding up just fine on the Bulls board but I also found darts dropping out but there's a quick solution for that. Just used a little sandpaper and twisted a few onto each dart point(first 5mm) and voila no drop outs.

I think its the ink as it does not seem as bad on the white sections.

(06-17-2016, 07:59 PM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote: Had a pre-order link from one retailer for the new Unicorn range, and it looks like the spare numbers will be available at the end of June and will retail for about £3.30 per set (in all colours), which is cheaper than I was expecting actually, and not too bad a price at all. I shall definitely be ordering a few spare sets!  Smile

Price is much better than expected then Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yep, Darren. Was expecting them to be at least a fiver per set to be honest.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 125 46,597 12-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 36,042 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 27,428 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 118,350 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,171 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,952 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,676 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,746 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 67,315 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,615 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM