unicorn Eclipse HD2 dartboard review
(06-04-2016, 02:48 PM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 05:14 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one Chris, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it too Smile

Will do, Darren. Was hoping it might possibly have arrived today, but that was perhaps wishful thinking. Should definitely be here Monday though  Smile

It'll be delivered by courier on Monday, so make sure someone's in to sign for it or the wait will be even longer....  Big Grin
MadHouse Darts
Facebook Page

MadHouse Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com
(06-04-2016, 04:15 PM)MadHouse Darts Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 02:48 PM)ChrisHarvey67 Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 05:14 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one Chris, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it too Smile

Will do, Darren. Was hoping it might possibly have arrived today, but that was perhaps wishful thinking. Should definitely be here Monday though  Smile

It'll be delivered by courier on Monday, so make sure someone's in to sign for it or the wait will be even longer....  Big Grin
Oh, rest-assured there will be someone in to sign, Madhouse. And thanks for the heads-up! (and the discount).

I can get excited now...  Big Grin
"He wants two eighteens for a hundred thousand pounds..."

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Well, she was delivered today, as promised... and here she is - after a few hours of being thrown at.... (yep, I know the surround is a bit off, but I was too impatient and too keen to get some arras thrown!) 

(and the PDC and the BDO finally settle their differences and join forces...  Big Grin

My Darts:  Unicorn John Lowe Golden Titanium 21g / Unicorn Sigma Pro 970 Gold 21g / Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 9Five 22g
Nice one, whats your first impressions on it Chris?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(06-07-2016, 09:33 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice one, whats your first impressions on it Chris?

Mostly positive with a few minor niggles/nit-picks so far, Darren...

As you pointed out in your review: the board is dense, and if like me you have a light throw, light darts, and "blunt" smooth silver Storm points, the darts don't go in far and are sometimes prone to fall out after a few seconds (this wouldn't matter for most, but if I get a shot I want to photograph, by the time I've picked up the camera, the darts might have fallen out, LOL). I swapped out the Storms, for standard black points and they worked a treat - gripping the sisal far better. PLUS the sisal is now loosening up more as it's getting used and the surface paint getting penetrated, so I'm hoping I can swap back to the Storms soon.

Twice had a couple of the numbers pop off when hit by a dart (throwing for a doubles), but that's no big deal and probably because I need to get more accurate with my throw.

And again, not really a big deal, but the treble wires on my board are sunk almost flush to the surface, whereas the doubles are a bit more raised away. This is no real detriment though.

Apart from that I'm liking it. It's clean and distraction-free, and has a nice solid feel and is quite muted when the darts go in. A vast improvement on the Eclipse Pro. Ok, I've only had it for a day but I did throw quite a few arras at it yesterday, and the sisal seems to be healing very nicely. And not a single bounce off any wires.

And I have managed to hit a 180 with my Taylor Gen 3s...!   Smile

Sounds good so far, I have still only had the one bounceout/dropout or whatever people like to call it. I was playing round the board on doubles yesterday and hit the bottom of the 5 and it pinged past my ear lol!
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-07-2016, 03:18 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Sounds good so far, I have still only had the one bounceout/dropout or whatever people like to call it.  I was playing round the board on doubles yesterday and hit the bottom of the 5 and it pinged past my ear lol!
LOL. Yep, the two numbers I hit off pinged under the stairs (my board it attached to the open door) and it took me a few mins to find 'em amongst the junk under there. Gonna hang a sheet in future over the doorway to stop them from disappearing into the abyss and getting lost.

By the way... literally a second after I'd tripped the shutter taking the above photo - a dart fell out... so I was very lucky to get that shot...  Big Grin

haha thanks for the updates Chris.
lol yeah you don't want them going missing down the black hole Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(06-07-2016, 04:35 PM)Getagrip Wrote: lol yeah you don't want them going missing down the black hole Smile

No indeed! As soon as the replacement numbers are in stock I shall get a spare set... providing they don't cost an arm and a... er... leg...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,396 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Smartboard dartboard review Getagrip 68 26,653 09-25-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  One80 Gladiator 3 dartboard review Getagrip 123 45,567 05-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Dartman Smart dartboard review Getagrip 113 117,805 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Dean Kim
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,042 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,321 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Shot Bandit Plus dartboard review Getagrip 133 48,042 10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  NODOR SUPAMATCH2 DARTBOARD REVIEW copigme 44 13,490 04-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 66,839 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean
  Cuesoul Pro Championship Dartboard review and Cuesoul surround review Getagrip 10 5,553 12-15-2016, 09:41 AM