Diy Rota lock system for most boards method and photos
    Hello all over the last few months iv been really getting the bug again for darts and been trying to find the right dartboard, I had the eclipse pro at first then found it was not for me, next I bought the b4dc only to be dissapointed on how soft the board was but I really liked the rota lock on this board and struck me why has it taken so long for this system to be used!! Anyway I returned the board and now have a bulls advantage 3  which is simply amazing you see I have to have a quiet board one where the darts don't hit the backing of the board because that's where most of the noise comes from, so let's get to it the b4dc uses a 10mm insert nut which is driven into the board when the board is fitted I found the impact of the darts would travel through the nuts onto the wall making it sound loud.. so here we go I purchased some m5 rubber insert nuts from eBay and also ordered some m5 thumb screw wheels see pics 
Tools needed for this are a drill with depth stop 
6mm, 10mm wooden or hss as long as the bits are sharp your good and some pu glue 
So on the back of the board I drew a 12mm line around the board edge then from the front looked at where the top is ie 20 marked on the line at the back with a x and repeated this at the 16 and 15 positons as well so it creates a triangle once all 3 are marked take your 6mm drill and set it for around 20mm deep drill the 3 holes carfully then repeat with the 10mm drill but IMPORTANT set this to only 6-10mm deep test on a scrap bit of wood first.
With the rubber nuts I used I cut the loose rubber off so your left with the nut take some pu glue this is like a foam glue you just need a tiny bit around the rubber nut and press into the holes you made will seam loose but as it drys it will swell up and lock it in place and that's it.  The wheels I ordered have not come yet so I just used a 30mm m5 thread nut and pushed on the off cut of rubber from the nuts and it works well.
This is the first time iv posted a guide and photos so bear with me if I have made any mistakes and please rate this if you like it thanks nutz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

18g penetrators, l-style silent spinning 30mm, punched kite flights, trident 180's,
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
26g striker's ( I think? over 10 years old),
16g feather lites,
bulls advantage 3 with custom rota lock  Target Carrera C4+ suround, + chalkie scorer, + 4x5w cw smd led 720lumin (bring yr sunglasses) lighting.
Ayup John

Great post and good tutorial +1 mate.

Shed
Very handy and looks easy to adjust for any background! +1
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

[Image: 27109455994_c22fa3b697_c.jpg]
Fantastic idea and well explained, really good! +2 Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I moved it to the Tips and How to's section and also stickied it too Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
yea that's the idea. Very nicely done also I give you points +1
I don´t know how "Einschlagmuttern" are called worldwide but they would be a good replacement for the glued in rubber Nuts.

Link is in German but Pictures are multi-cultural...
https://www.hoerr-edelstahl.de/Befestigu...Muffe.html
[Image: signaufasta.jpg]
Brilliant idea well explained, lots of people will be trying this for sure.
Easy +1 from me
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(04-23-2016, 04:28 PM)Shotgun Wrote: I don´t know how "Einschlagmuttern" are called worldwide but they would be a good replacement for the glued in rubber Nuts.

Link is in German but Pictures are multi-cultural...
https://www.hoerr-edelstahl.de/Befestigu...Muffe.html

Yes I seen these at first but my issue with then is the transmission of sound with using the rubber inserts it it helps to stop vibration through the setup as with rubber it allows the screw to float so it's not a solid thud it deadens the sound!! also I wouldn't advise  using them as it's very close to the edge of the board may split the back and edge!! The reason the b4dc has it so close is to adjust the wheels with ease and where the nut is its right behind the number ring so no worry of sisal coming away from the front, I've used them fittings in work and they need a good smack with a hammer to get them inbeded it helps with me having all the tools as I'm a joiner been doin it 30 years (feels like 50tho)
18g penetrators, l-style silent spinning 30mm, punched kite flights, trident 180's,
22g screaming eagle's, 
21g razors, 
21g amberjack, 
23g viking raiders,
26g striker's ( I think? over 10 years old),
16g feather lites,
bulls advantage 3 with custom rota lock  Target Carrera C4+ suround, + chalkie scorer, + 4x5w cw smd led 720lumin (bring yr sunglasses) lighting.