Darts for front Grip - Front grippers post your faves in here
RVB Phase 5 Purist Black and Gold are superb. Only problem is they look horrendous when the paint eventually starts to fade and come off with the wear and tear.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Shafts
Target Pro 100 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's:
2020: 0
2019: 85
2018: 27

(04-16-2016, 10:32 AM)Getagrip Wrote: As the thread states if your a front gripper then post what darts you have liked using the best.

I often get asked to recommend a dart for such and such a grip but I think its not as straight forward as that, the way we throw also influences the choice just as much, but I think it would be handy to have threads where we could have a selection of peoples picks to use for a reference.

So will make a thread for each grip type and should be interesting to see what people like Smile

Personally as a front gripper I always favoured the John Lowe Bullet style but in recent years I seem to have changed to liking some straighter or slightly front loaded darts more but at present I am still liking the Neon 2 a lot.

Whats your favourite and why? Smile

I'm an absolute sucker for buying darts and have recently bought a bunch. I played with my Gary Anderson phase 3's for months then moved on to Harrow's Elite. I have tried a few others, including the Spina's that i really want to love, but i keep going back to the Elites. They just suit my throw perfectly. The only problem is the grip just doesn't seem to be aggressive enough for me. I would recommend these darts to anyone that doesn't require a high grip, but do you have any recommendations on a similar darts with a bit more grip?
Daytona Fire 01
I love to throw short bullet shaped barrels with a good amount of grip.
My favorites at the moment are the 23g version of John Lowe phase 2 darts: review

My second place favorites are very similar but with a far more subtle grip.
The Phil Taylor Gen 4 26g darts: review

Last week I tested a short straight barrel type of dart (normally not my type of choice), but I was pleasantly surprised about how they flew with my front grip.
The Kyle Anderson phase 2 24g darts are certainly worth a try if you're a front gripper. review
(02-15-2019, 01:30 AM)DaveArmy Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 10:32 AM)Getagrip Wrote: As the thread states if your a front gripper then post what darts you have liked using the best.

I often get asked to recommend a dart for such and such a grip but I think its not as straight forward as that, the way we throw also influences the choice just as much, but I think it would be handy to have threads where we could have a selection of peoples picks to use for a reference.

So will make a thread for each grip type and should be interesting to see what people like Smile

Personally as a front gripper I always favoured the John Lowe Bullet style but in recent years I seem to have changed to liking some straighter or slightly front loaded darts more but at present I am still liking the Neon 2 a lot.

Whats your favourite and why? Smile

I'm an absolute sucker for buying darts and have recently bought a bunch. I played with my Gary Anderson phase 3's for months then moved on to Harrow's Elite. I have tried a few others, including the Spina's that i really want to love, but i keep going back to the Elites. They just suit my throw perfectly. The only problem is the grip just doesn't seem to be aggressive enough for me. I would recommend these darts to anyone that doesn't require a high grip, but do you have any recommendations on a similar darts with a bit more grip?

The Elites hey!

I hit my very first 180 with those. What a proud moment.

I was never that into them, the bulbous scallop wasnt a perfect for me but they did fly well.....I kept them clean regularly to keep thr grip.

I can’t recommend anything similar to that but it seems others have.  . It’s  a very subtle scalloP. I sold my set! Lol

Wasn’t getting much use and I had a tool box available to me full of new tools to work on my board with, the attachment wasn’t there.

Front gripper darts?

Well I consider my self requiring a grip detail at the front of the dart , as 2 of my two fingers and thumb tips  touch the front of barrel region. I’m a relaxed front gripper.

For me I recommend front loaded darts with gradual tapers. And a grip you like AT THE FRONT! As theyere are so many AND they all work for everyone differently.

Really hard to suggest, once you have established your grip, you need to distinguish your Barrel shape preference..

Straight , torpedo, bullet, scalllops, reverse taper.

But,

Front girppers , I would recommend a deep and wide ring grip , with a subtle taper from point to rear.

Designa Dragonfire are a beautifull dart. 43 mm

I’m sorry. I find it difficult to recommend a front gripper draft........anything with grip onnthe front that you like.

I could recommend several. But you must determine what your intersted in at the time .

I recommend designa extreme or mega grips. 

Best of luck to everyone trying out there first batch of barrels to support your front grip.

One last piece of advice.

Heading on to Dartscorner website and select the dart selector tab, choose all your desired specs and start scanning!
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/select_a_dart.php
A example of Designa extreme barrels,  no grip right to the tapered nose,  but the weight a
And balance make that section un touched,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear grippers - favourite bomber? southpaw_8585 30 1,059 05-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: BDG
  Darts for rear grip - rear grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 144 61,776 04-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ADlister89
  Darts I have used as a front gripper Trainor180 2 179 04-04-2020, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Trainor180
  Darts for stem end of barrel grip - stem grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 34 9,847 02-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: The Barrel
  Darts for middle grip - Middle grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 30 14,330 02-22-2019, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Need advice from rear grippers cpohd 6 659 01-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: cpohd
  Front Loaded Dickie_rock 22 4,497 01-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Rear weighted dart for front gripper? HarryShort180 3 647 06-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  suggestion for front loaded barrels mcockrell 16 5,868 07-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Stratos or front weighted Jacob Schaeffer 12 1,860 05-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Gada