Darts for front Grip - Front grippers post your faves in here
(01-22-2018, 01:04 PM)Shima Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Is there a big difference between the plain and coated one?

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk

The plain ones are slightly grippier, the Onyx coating feels great but softens the edges.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
(01-22-2018, 01:17 PM)LegoArmo Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 01:04 PM)Shima Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Is there a big difference between the plain and coated one?

The plain ones are slightly grippier, the Onyx coating feels great but softens the edges.
Oh okay didn't expect it to be like that, the problem is overwhelming here no shop has them so I can't try them out. Thanks for ur help buddy.

[Image: ulaodpa5218.png]
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
Harrows elite 22g
I grip somewhere inbetween middle and front, which I guess qualifies as a front grip. Used to grip directly behind the taper when first starting out but has since moved a bit back.

At the moment the Harrows Sonic 24g (straight barrel ones) are my match darts and I've not gone back to any of my other sets as of yet, had them for atleast a year now, not exactly sure when I bought them. But they seem to work for me, but from time to time I do tend to slip with my fingers when throwing. Perhaps they are not as grippy as I first thought. But I have a set of Designa Dark Thunder 22g on the way that I will remove the paint from, mostly to try a lighter and also a more grippier dart. Who kows, maybe the purist grip style barrel will remedy that issue unless its entirely my fault and I'm just blaming it on an innocent dart.

Also used Taylor phase 2 24g (I believe) and Mervyn Kings 26g which where my match and backup darts before my Sonics, both worked a treat, lost both on a train though after a league match because I was so busy talking on the phone that I almost missed my stop. Ran out of the train before I had time to think and sadly, that was that. A fitting end to an evening of darts that almost made me quit altogether...
Match Darts: Harrows Sonic 24g, 41mm Pro Grip stems, Target Agora Standard Flights.
Backup Darts: Jim Pike 2000 26g.
Board Setup: Blade 4 DC, Unicorn Solar flare, Homemade Webcam Stand.                                                                                                                                                                             
2018 so far: No freaking clue!
(04-16-2016, 10:32 AM)Getagrip Wrote: I often get asked to recommend a dart for such and such a grip but I think its not as straight forward as that, the way we throw also influences the choice just as much, but I think it would be handy to have threads where we could have a selection of peoples picks to use for a reference.

So will make a thread for each grip type and should be interesting to see what people like Smile

I put all of the entries so far into a table. If it is an issue (or if you have better suggestions) I will gladly add new entries and change the suggested purchasing links to whatever the site mods prefer.
You can see the table at this link:   https://chronosscifi.com/frontGripTable.html
oldguy

RVB Phase 5 Purist Black and Gold are superb. Only problem is they look horrendous when the paint eventually starts to fade and come off with the wear and tear.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
8 Flight Fixed Black Short Shafts
8 Flight No.2 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 71
2018: 27

(04-16-2016, 10:32 AM)Getagrip Wrote: As the thread states if your a front gripper then post what darts you have liked using the best.

I often get asked to recommend a dart for such and such a grip but I think its not as straight forward as that, the way we throw also influences the choice just as much, but I think it would be handy to have threads where we could have a selection of peoples picks to use for a reference.

So will make a thread for each grip type and should be interesting to see what people like Smile

Personally as a front gripper I always favoured the John Lowe Bullet style but in recent years I seem to have changed to liking some straighter or slightly front loaded darts more but at present I am still liking the Neon 2 a lot.

Whats your favourite and why? Smile

I'm an absolute sucker for buying darts and have recently bought a bunch. I played with my Gary Anderson phase 3's for months then moved on to Harrow's Elite. I have tried a few others, including the Spina's that i really want to love, but i keep going back to the Elites. They just suit my throw perfectly. The only problem is the grip just doesn't seem to be aggressive enough for me. I would recommend these darts to anyone that doesn't require a high grip, but do you have any recommendations on a similar darts with a bit more grip?
Daytona Fire 01
I love to throw short bullet shaped barrels with a good amount of grip.
My favorites at the moment are the 23g version of John Lowe phase 2 darts: review

My second place favorites are very similar but with a far more subtle grip.
The Phil Taylor Gen 4 26g darts: review

Last week I tested a short straight barrel type of dart (normally not my type of choice), but I was pleasantly surprised about how they flew with my front grip.
The Kyle Anderson phase 2 24g darts are certainly worth a try if you're a front gripper. review

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for rear grip - rear grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 159 52,253 10-27-2019, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Tpro3131
  Darts for stem end of barrel grip - stem grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 34 8,743 02-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: The Barrel
  Darts for middle grip - Middle grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 31 12,458 02-22-2019, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Need advice from rear grippers cpohd 6 491 01-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: cpohd
  Front Loaded Dickie_rock 22 4,150 01-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Rear weighted dart for front gripper? HarryShort180 3 549 06-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  suggestion for front loaded barrels mcockrell 16 4,986 07-18-2017, 11:26 PM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Stratos or front weighted Jacob Schaeffer 12 1,742 05-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Gada