One80 Intelite Flight and Shaft System Review from old site
Just copied this over from the old site it was originally posted Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm and I thought I had copied it over already but I cant find it and I am fixing the links on my Youtube channel to the old ones so it links here instead Smile

I recently got the new flight and shaft system from One80.  I seen this on the net a while ago and was quite intrigued by it.  At first I thought "not another system!"  I seen the video of how it was fitted together and my thoughts were that it was a bit of a hassle.
But I still had to try the system for myself to be sure, so here it is:
My package came complete with the 3 shafts and 3 pre slotted flights with clips and a little assembly tool.
[Image: intelite1.jpg]
Instructions are on the back, I think the instructions are a little vague so could be improved on that side, but its easy enough to work out anyway:
[Image: intelite2.jpg]
Here is how the flight and shaft look:
[Image: intelite3.jpg]
The top half of the shaft is quite flimsy feeling but is secure and rigid when clipped in.
First thing you need to do is open the flight out, then place the top half of the shaft over the flight:
[Image: intelite4.jpg]
Then place the flight upside down in the assembly tool:
[Image: intelite5.jpg]
Take the bottom half of the shaft and place it over the flight:
[Image: intelite6.jpg]
Then push the shaft down until it clicks into place:
[Image: intelite7.jpg]
Thats it! your flight and shaft are now fully assembled:
[Image: intelite8.jpg]
[Image: intelite9.jpg]
How they look fitted to darts:
[Image: intelite91.jpg]
[Image: intelite92.jpg]
Length comparison to a normal medium shaft and standard flight, they are pretty much the same length really:
[Image: intelite93.jpg]
Also weight is exactly the same:
[Image: intelite95.jpg]
[Image: intelite94.jpg]
At first it seemed a little fiddly to me, but after assembling the first one the next two were quick and easy to do.
The flight is held at as near a 90 degree angle as you could want I think, and very secure.  It takes quite a lot of force to pull the shaft apart once fixed as you can see in my video clip, so I cant see the system coming apart in normal use.
The shafts themselves are very nicely made and kind of sexy looking with there concave sides Big Grin they are quite flexible too.
The system is overall a very nicely designed one albeit a little fiddly at first.  You can also buy a slot punch to punch your own flights, it has to be the One80 punch as the slots are placed differently to other slot punches.  I think you can assemble them without the assembly tool but I should imagine it would be more fiddly to it that way
I had a few throws with them attached to my 20g Barrie Bates darts and was very pleased with their performance, I nearly had a 180 on my third throw I just clipped the flight with my last dart grrr!
They fly very nice with the stems fitted and I have to say I quite like this system, I think I will probably buy the punch and more shafts in the future.
I was going to give them a 9 but as they are a bit fiddly I thought I would err on the side of caution and give them an 8 out of 10.
If you want an alternative system to try that keeps your flights securely fixed then give them ago, price is very reasonable really.

Replies to original post:

Guest:
I wonder if these are legal in the PDC?
You are allowed only 3 piece systems.
This has 4.
5 GENERAL PLAYING RULES
5.1-5.9 Administration:
5.1 Players shall provide their own darts which shall not exceed an overall maximum
length of 30.5 cms (12ins) nor weigh more than 50 grams. Each dart shall consist of a
needle shaped point which shall be fixed to a barrel. At the rear of the barrel shall be
an attached flighted stem which may consist of up to a maximum of three separate
pieces (namely any combination of; a flight, a flight securing device and a stem).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

mattstan:
what's the minimum weight of darts??
winmau, ive left you a msg on your light darts post aswell
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guest:
mattstan wrote:what's the minimum weight of darts??
winmau, ive left you a msg on your light darts post aswell
No minimum weight.
I'll check it out Matt.
Grip, great review though
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Getagrip:
I know I have seen those rules and often wonder if they should be updated now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
mattstan:
BDO apparently has a 10g minimum, have not had this confirmed, not that it bothers me i now think all little darts are evil
------------------------------------------------------------------
guest:
getagrip wrote:I know I have seen those rules and often wonder if they should be updated now?
BDO allows up to 5 pieces. So this system would be legal.
mattstan wrote:BDO apparently has a 10g minimum, have not had this confirmed, not that it bothers me i now think all little darts are evil Evil or Very Mad
BDO has the same maximum limits but no minimum weights are listed in their rules.
mc1958:
I don't think the PDC actually bother with that rule - I asked them why it was different to the BDO equivalent and they didn't have a clue lol.
Also, if they did bother with it then Andy Smith would most likely get penalised every game - every game I've seen him play he uses a pigeon ring/spring and a flight protector along with the flight and stem (ie 4 pieces).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
spat66:
Glad you did the review Grip so I don't have too! Now you can send me that tool!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
getagrip:
LOL! Lazy bugger!
Nah I had always planned on doing one at some point.
I have been having a few hours with them so far and they are holding up really well, they have hit the flor a few times too and no problems yet.
mc1958:
Haven't used mine for a couple of weeks - nice bit of kit albeit fiddly putting the springs on the flights. Mine hit the floor several times as well.
spat66:
Yea I threw mine all day yesterday and I'm real happy with them. They are difficult to put together without that tool. They didn't have a set like you got where I got mine. I had to buy the flights and shaft separate and the tool wich I didn't get. Now they don't even have the tool or the punch on their site, but I need to get one
saber:
Darren ya really getting good mate thx for the review. Now for me its just too much trouble to use. plus 1 for the grip btw
------------------------------------------------------------------------
getagrip:
spat66 wrote:Yea I threw mine all day yesterday and I'm real happy with them. They are difficult to put together without that tool. They didn't have a set like you got where I got mine. I had to buy the flights and shaft separate and the tool wich I didn't get. Now they don't even have the tool or the punch on their site, but I need to get one
I got mine direct from One80, but Solardarts sell them complete for £3 here:
https://www.solardarts.com/intelite-1/
The pic just shows the stems but the descriptions says includes flights and tool.
getagrip:
Been using these for the past week or so and they are holding up very well indeed, had some heavy impacts from incoming darts and a few bounceouts where they have hit a hard floor heavy too and they have held together well. The flights are still in great shape too. Will report back in another week.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamie373:
thanks for the review . i thinking about getting some of these to try out. how they holding up now ?
jake8380:
Looks interesting. Just need to find the special flight punch as it seems they are punched about in the middle of the flight? I was using L-Style flights with Laro shafts or Cosmo with Fits. Recently I went back to standard punched R4X flights on Laro shafts using L-Rings.
The L-Style flights or Cosmos do not seem to last me very long. I usually start to see splits/tears after a day's practice or a match, after two sessions, I need to replace one or two. I'm throwing light 18g darts with soft tips mind you.
I was also tired of all the room it took to carry spares around. I practiced and played a match last night on one set of clear R4X flights. They held up like I am accustomed to with no splits or tears. I also purchased the Target Carrera Wallet. Used it for the first time last night. I really like it a lot.
I used a Metroline like below for about 20 years. Still in good shape, just a bit large and always worried about leaving it on a table for someone to steal:
[Image: d005.jpg]
getagrip:
jamie373 wrote:thanks for the review . i thinking about getting some of these to try out. how they holding up now ?
I keep having a throw with them now and then and they are holding up well really.
They do need a special punch if your going to make the slots on your own flights, it is in the middle of the flight.
mc1958:
They do have pre-punched flights but the punch is £8 after tax at DC - it's down the bottom of this page. You would also need the little gizmo at the bottom to put the system together:
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/advanced_s...bb&x=0&y=0

If you haven't tried it before it may work out cheaper to get a set of stems and a set of pre-punched flights just to see if you like them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
getagrip:
They say it comes with the tool on these from Solar Darts for £3: https://www.solardarts.com/intelite-1/
jamie373:
the stems are £3 pound or £5 for the kit on solar darts as far as i can see. for some reason their prices are shown in dollars and i'm not sure if in includes V.A.T ???? there is a drop down box to select between stems and kit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
getagrip:
Not sure but I dont think you will pay VAT if in the US?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamie373:
na i'm in scotland lol, but it their shop is based in wales and all prices are shown in USD ! i was having a look through their shop after seeing your link. maybe there is an option to convert prices though i couldn't find it. just thought that was strange. does seem the best option to try them out to buy a kit.
getagrip:
Ah sorry, never realised, with you saying Dollars I thought you must be viewing from the U.S.
It shows in £'s for me though, if you look on the right side it has a currency converter so just click on pounds.

jamie373:
DOH ! lol cheers
getagrip:
LOL!
jake8380:
Darn. There is no option for inbetween! I'll have to wait on these.
mc1958:
All they do are short or medium in the 3 colours, black clear or red
jamie373:
Got a set of these this morning . Get system really like them and I think a good cheaper alternative to cosmos and condor. Shame there isn't more choice in colours or a tweenie option yet. Will be getting more and a punch later. Shame I also ordered 12 setdof the flights in my signature as they block out most of the design lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spat66:
The short intelelite shafts are equivalent to inbetween nylon shafts. I put mine side by side with the a tweenie shaft and flight and they are the same. If that helps any

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
They look good, perhaps a bit long?
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
I don't have any now, that was almost 4 years ago.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think I've still got a couple of sets of these around somewhere - not used them for a very long time though
Which darts are the ones in your photos Darren? They resemble the gary anderson phase 3 a little in my mind.
Got the Punch and spear shafts, just move on,They do make two size shafts.
[Image: ak_zpsocjfiou9.png]
(02-13-2016, 05:42 PM)Stevepredator Wrote: Which darts are the ones in your photos Darren? They resemble the gary anderson phase 3 a little in my mind.

I cant remember now but they do look like that.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Firstly my apologies for dragging this thread back from the grave.

I'm thinking of swapping over to this system but from what I can tell it looks like the packs of stems come supplied without ring locks . Can somebody let me know if this system uses special rings or could generic ones be used?

I don't mean to sound cheap (I am) but I'm a little reticent to spend 42p per set on the A180 rings if I could buy twenty sets of generic rings for less than a pound on eBay.
[Image: 39952462010_db5ca0a1d0_b.jpg]

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)
the ones I got came with normal spring clips

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Excellent, that will save me some pennies.

Thanks Getagrip.

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)
Is nobody using the intelite shafts anymore?
Is there something wrong with them? I have not seen it until today and this thread makes it look like an old system.
It looks solid and good though, what's the catch?
I've been using them for about the last six weeks now I cannot praise them highly enough.

My darts seem to float with them on, they've completely eliminated robin hoods, they've extended the life of my flights and as for damage to the stems... none whatsoever. I'm actually curious how long these will last as I can't see me needing to replace one for a long, long time. Finally, and most importantly, they look sexier than a Swedish au pair wrapped in bacon and drizzled in maple syrup.

[Image: 529abb423fafaa07981087fe04ddd3d1.jpg]

Negatives are that there is an initial outlay with the tool and punch and the stems are slightly more expensive than regular options (but it looks like they are going to last much longer). They only come in three colours and there's a chance that they'll stop producing them.

Great answer, thank you.
Then again, I am a vegetarian. :')
I ordered some today. Smile
I just got the punch, tool & 2 sets of short stems. The springs are sods to get in the flights & the short stems aren't short they are tweenies. so i've noticed they now do extra short stems so iv'e just ordered a couple of sets hoping they'll be short. overall it seems a good system.
Target Agora A05 24g

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review and an idea for Cuesoul atison 7 327 06-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Last Post: erajd
  Cosmo Fit Flight System review Getagrip 124 83,287 03-15-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 Rotafix review and insatllation guide Getagrip 52 41,870 02-17-2020, 02:43 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Target Corona Vision Dartboard Light System Review Getagrip 138 34,462 01-08-2020, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Scott Wilson
  Mission Darts F Lock Pro Flight Punch Review Getagrip 7 518 12-09-2019, 07:24 PM
  Cuesoul Tero Flight System Review Getagrip 38 6,250 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: CanadaTon
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 3,951 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
  L Style Gomu Shaft Tightener review Getagrip 14 3,299 11-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Kevin Bell
  Condor Zero Stress Integrated Flight and Shaft System Review Getagrip 16 5,872 11-19-2018, 11:02 AM
  Cuesoul Integrated Shaft & Flight vanJupp 13 2,302 11-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Mairtin Seoige