How many punch their flights?
I do!
I do !

Crusher where are you ?
may all the doubles be with you

(02-12-2016, 05:55 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes ?
I do Wink and i use target titanium slot lock rings Wink
I punched my flights and they bent and the stem got stuck in my knuckle.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I use punched flights and springs as my eyes are so bad trying to refit them in poor light takes ages
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I punch them too for three reason.

1) Mainly because the flights are secured to the stem.
2) There is also the benefit that in most cases of a Robin Hood the stem is not broken.
Without the springs a Robin Hood (when the point hits between flight and stem) usually breaks the stem.
Might also be a disadvantage if the point hits the spring.
3) Last thing I notice (might be wrong) is that with a spring the 75microns fly like 100microns.
Have the impression that as they are tied to the stem they fly like the 100microns but still bend like 75microns if the next darts touches the flight of the previous one.
Maybe just mental...
I do .... I just figured why not. I've not experienced any downsides yet and I guess it's just become one of those things, I have the punch so don't really see a reason not to.
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
Punched fligts and slot lock rings for me Smile
(02-12-2016, 08:07 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Imagine me, doing A1 and trying to time how long it takes me to complete the drill.  Flight pops off every third turn.  With my old eyes, it can take me FOREVER to get the flight back in!!
I'm considering a punch and a bunch of titanium rings to lessen this problem.
(02-12-2016, 09:27 PM)bk123456 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
That is helpful info, thanks.  Do punched flights ever pop off?  Or just much less often?
(02-12-2016, 11:10 PM)MadMike4 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
As far as I can say almost never. 
Depends a little bit what stems, flights and springs you use or get.
I had a batch of springs which where slightly larger than usual. 
Not a big thing but they were. 
Those in combination with 75micron flights and unicorn stems (which I feel are a tiny bit more slim than the Designa nylon stems) and now and then flights got off. 
But in very rare cases only.
I like my flights punched, but lately I've been considering just using a plain black nylon stem, and a plain black 100 micron flight. No springs, no nothing.

I push my flights down before every throw anyway, and them popping off wouldn't be a huge issue. Plus it would be a bit cheaper!
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
I used to punch flights. It's a great system. But at the moment I'm just using durable nylon stems with a titanium pro grip ring. It's surprising how tight the grip is.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(02-13-2016, 01:44 AM)LegoArmo Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
You could always put a tiny dab of glue on the flight to keep it locked in. I know Barneveld often uses glued stems/flights. It does look really clean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Shell Lock Punch MariusOveras 8 531 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  L-Style Champagne 'Punch'. DIY Video on Pg #2 Ancient Darter 15 2,920 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  who uses shell lock punch system hikfromstik 26 8,219 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman
  Punched flights sans punch KCdartman 5 1,090 03-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: bk123456