Dartslive home board with online play?
I'm hoping to get a home soft-tip board this year but, after reading the many threads, I'm still reluctant to go for either the Vdarts or the upcoming darts connect board. The dartslive looks to be the best board currently available but the lack of online play is a real dealbreaker. When are we likely to see a Dartslive board with online play and camera? The ability to play against other players using their network of machines worldwide would be fantastic - is anyone else waiting for such a board? Are there any steel-tip only players out there who'd consider buying into such a system?
I'm waiting for the version you suggest. But, I'm not waiting empty handed. It could be years, so I buy what's available now.
i'm guessing they might see how well the vdart does, and see if the Bar Machine match ever gets integrated into the home board.
Darts: 18g softtip Monster Cobra 2BA, 260 LStyle Champagne Shafts, L3 Flights.
Other Darts: 18g softtip Monster Soldier No.5
Best out (soft tip): 106 (16, Bull, d20).

Darts Connect ID: 1000002362
Vdarts bar games are integrated into the game now. Last I looked, 12 people were playing online Vdarts.

I'm at the bar now playing Dartslive. There are currently about 8 people available.

I don't think there will be a winner or loser. I think it will mirror what we see in the bars now. Several companies will vie for a piece of the pie. Seems Arachnid, Dartslive, vsphoenix, etc are all getting a share.
(02-08-2016, 01:03 AM)Chardotz Wrote: Vdarts bar games are integrated into the game now. Last I looked, 12 people were playing online Vdarts.

I'm at the bar now playing Dartslive. There are currently about 8 people available.

I don't think there will be a winner or loser. I think it will mirror what we see in the bars now. Several companies will vie for a piece of the pie. Seems Arachnid, Dartslive, vsphoenix, etc are all getting a share.

Thanks for the input Chardotz. Yeah it seems there will be no overall platform dominating the home soft-tip market anytime soon - just like in the bars. Where I live there are Medalist, VSphoenix, and Dartslive machines. I sort of assumed that Dartslive would become the standard platform eventually given their PDC partnership and world stage events. I reckon it'll be between the Vdarts and darts connect for my home board then - I presume, like the Vdarts, I'd only be able to play against other players using a darts connect board?
yeah as it comes across it should be same-sames only

I doubt we'll see one.
IMO: The business model of DARTSLIVE (IE Sega) will not allow an online version of the home boards. The difference with VDarts is that they have no real market share, so using these initiatives to persuade players to switch.

The cost to access the DARTSLIVE network for each machine is approx $200+GST for venues in Australia, not sure about other countries. I doubt they would want to have machines slowly disappear from venues (which makes them an inordinate amount of money) when people start playing online at home.
Why would playing at home keep me from going to the bar? I go to the bar to drink and hang out with people. I just happen to play darts while I'm there.

I'm not sure if Sega still owns Dartslive. You see what happened to Sega in the home gaming industry. They got wiped out from others with a grander plan.
As said in another thread ,,,,arcades are a thing of the past ,,, Most young adults and kids have phones and tablets much more powerful than any machine in a bar,,,,,with the likes of Xbox,,PS4,,,, in the parents basement that where these peeps hang out ,,,, Just curious how many peeps 18 -21 year on this forum actually go to the bars to play darts,,,,?
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
None go in my area. Lol. Too young. I keep coming back to, the majority of the county doesn't even go to bars.
(03-13-2016, 03:17 AM)Chardotz Wrote: Why would playing at home keep me from going to the bar?  I go to the bar to drink and hang out with people. I just happen to play darts while I'm there.

I'm not sure if Sega still owns Dartslive. You see what happened to Sega in the home gaming industry. They got wiped out from others with a grander plan.
If you only play Dartslive then none whatsoever. If you are playing Vdarts, then why would you play $1 game when you could play at home with your mates for $6 network access fee a month + take away booze.

Re Dartslive: "Community Entertainment that brings real places and real people together through online networks
Based on planning capabilities and technologies inherited from Japan’s largest amusement company, SEGA Corporation, together with an internet infrastructure, DARTSLIVE Co., Ltd. provides quality entertainment that connects “people to people” and “place to place”.

Not too sure how current the info is on the dartslive website is. I still read it as being owned by Sega. Knowing people in the Dartslive Australia management, I still believe the overarching business model is based on making profits for Dartslive and Sega.
Rik81,

Because sitting at home with a bunch of guys, playing darts and drinking package liquor is something I would have did in High School. I have VDarts. I practice on it and Gran board. Not the same atmosphere.

I don't drink in my house or keep liquor at my house. I drink at the bar.

I was told by the man that owns the Dartslive boards in my area that Sega no longer owns it. Maybe I misunderstood him. He's in Memphis playing a tourney. I'll find out more when he returns.
https://www.dartslive.com/corp/en/outline/dl/

apparently they're still the major shareholder. shown as a portfolio holding for Sega Sammy on wiki

Also, Segas arcade industry, including game manufacturing and coin based business has lost money the last couple years. Where as their home gaming industry has made money. Go figure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dartslive 200s introduces online play Don Hagliatelli 1 167 04-25-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: chrisbck
  Online Play for Members Thread nixer55 6 447 03-25-2020, 05:46 PM
Last Post: greenbean
  Best online board Stealth501 2 222 01-10-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Blanton
  Target Nexus Online Board Darty 127 11,582 01-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: BRawsKO
  Cannot connect to online game with Gran Board 3 Ryan Shaw 3 2,337 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ryan Shaw
  Shooting at home vs bar/public board Knyghtmare 12 1,250 04-26-2018, 09:19 PM
Last Post: MMA
  Dartslive 200s,Darts Connect,Gran Board 2 morris14 6 3,727 02-11-2018, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Dartslive playing/board questions slayter 15 3,379 12-25-2017, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Rik81
  Online Play... HELP! Bryanthrax 4 912 12-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  Future on online play... TJSlayer 6 733 12-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl