Bounce outs
Just recently I was practicing with my mum who had never thrown a dart, she's 83. The dart bounced out and stuck in my shoe. A good laugh and yes, we stopped to laugh
I went 2 league seasons with just 1 bounce out T-20 for a 180. Then again I always sharpen and scuff my darts just minutes before me match.
Never hit a wire though?
Once i went to grab a dart out of my dog hand, the flight came off and the dart landed in the side of my shoe. Unbelievable lol. Forgot about that too.
sure but they slide off into the board. Some players in league bounce out all the time. I like my darts sharp others like a rounded nose. Hmm they come sharp must be a reason IMO. Thats just me others swear by a rounded nose.
Do they come sharp? I thought they came rounded. I couldnt care less because i dont get bounceouts much so it doesnt bother me.
(11-14-2013, 07:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: sure but they slide off into the board. Some players in league bounce out all the time. I like my darts sharp others like a rounded nose. Hmm they come sharp must be a reason IMO. Thats just me others swear by a rounded nose.

Like you mentioned, two separate trains of though as to how people prefer their points. I, like you, prefer mine sharp and scuffed for a better hold when they hit the board. Others say a more rounded point helps the point slide off the wires instead of bouncing off them.

I will admit that I've hit directly on the wire many times with sharp points, suffered bounce-outs and left nice dimples in the wires for my effort.
(11-14-2013, 11:42 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(11-14-2013, 07:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: sure but they slide off into the board. Some players in league bounce out all the time. I like my darts sharp others like a rounded nose. Hmm they come sharp must be a reason IMO. Thats just me others swear by a rounded nose.

Like you mentioned, two separate trains of though as to how people prefer their points. I, like you, prefer mine sharp and scuffed for a better hold when they hit the board. Others say a more rounded point helps the point slide off the wires instead of bouncing off them.

I will admit that I've hit directly on the wire many times with sharp points, suffered bounce-outs and left nice dimples in the wires for my effort.

yep but I think that will happen even with rounded.
Scuff them arrows.
(11-02-2013, 04:05 PM)Big Gun Wrote: I never let bounce outs phase me I just throw the next one as smoothly as the last as it must have been a well thrown dart to hit the wire of what you were aiming for in the first place. I do laugh to myself though when I'm shouting and a player throws for double and they hit the outer number wire and it bounces out and they insist it bounced off the wire of the double and then go on all night about how they could have won had that have gone in, when it was a good 2 inches away from the double.

HAHA all the time with people I play.