Bounce outs
Do they come sharp? I thought they came rounded. I couldnt care less because i dont get bounceouts much so it doesnt bother me.
(11-14-2013, 07:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: sure but they slide off into the board. Some players in league bounce out all the time. I like my darts sharp others like a rounded nose. Hmm they come sharp must be a reason IMO. Thats just me others swear by a rounded nose.

Like you mentioned, two separate trains of though as to how people prefer their points. I, like you, prefer mine sharp and scuffed for a better hold when they hit the board. Others say a more rounded point helps the point slide off the wires instead of bouncing off them.

I will admit that I've hit directly on the wire many times with sharp points, suffered bounce-outs and left nice dimples in the wires for my effort.
(11-14-2013, 11:42 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(11-14-2013, 07:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: sure but they slide off into the board. Some players in league bounce out all the time. I like my darts sharp others like a rounded nose. Hmm they come sharp must be a reason IMO. Thats just me others swear by a rounded nose.

Like you mentioned, two separate trains of though as to how people prefer their points. I, like you, prefer mine sharp and scuffed for a better hold when they hit the board. Others say a more rounded point helps the point slide off the wires instead of bouncing off them.

I will admit that I've hit directly on the wire many times with sharp points, suffered bounce-outs and left nice dimples in the wires for my effort.

yep but I think that will happen even with rounded.
Scuff them arrows.
(11-02-2013, 04:05 PM)Big Gun Wrote: I never let bounce outs phase me I just throw the next one as smoothly as the last as it must have been a well thrown dart to hit the wire of what you were aiming for in the first place. I do laugh to myself though when I'm shouting and a player throws for double and they hit the outer number wire and it bounces out and they insist it bounced off the wire of the double and then go on all night about how they could have won had that have gone in, when it was a good 2 inches away from the double.

HAHA all the time with people I play.
My point are rounded also.
I never sharpen them and have very few bounce outs.
I don't think it matters if you sharpen your dart points or if they are rounded if you hit a wire it is going to either side or bounce out. If it hit a flight it will probably bounce out as mine do more then hit the wire.

I have only been throwing darts for 3 years and been learning not to watch the bounce outs but keep my focus on the number, double or triple I am shooting for.

It was not easy but now when I get a bounce out I generally do not know where it went because my focus stays on the number, double triple I want.

It was not easy to do but I am much better at it then ever before because of this website showing me the way to become better.

Try not to look where it goes it is gone it does not matter once out of the board!!!

It is not easy but each try not to watch and keeping focus on your target will help. It did not happen over night for me and still is a practice in the works but each time you don't watch makes your focus more intent!