Win, lose or draw ?
Superleague again last night, we were the away team.

Team lost 5-2 ( We are now bottom of the Superleague! Blush )

Personally, I won 0-4, had the highest average of the night and won man of the match ( Got a little bit of cash for that. saving  )

I was relaxed / happy on the oche, played well and my finishing was spot on. 

Pretty happy with the way it is going so far, and more importantly I am having fun. Smile 

Tough few weeks coming up now though, we are due to play the top three teams in the league and are expecting a battering.  Big Grin
Back playing and having fun!

2018:-   180`s:-6 Shy ,   High Finish:-141 (T20, T19, D12)  Big Grin
Played my first summer league game for several years last night and we won 11-7

Format is all games 1 leg of 501 straight start:

1x Team 4's
4x Singles selected
4x Pairs selected
4x Pairs random
4x Singles random
1x Team 4's

I can't remember too much apart from I finished 76 in one of the legs, and one of our players hit a 180 as well.

Not sure how many matches I'll be playing in as I'm looking to join the CoLDA singles league next month, but it was an enjoyable evening.
Superleague this week was as predicted.

We suffered a 0-7 loss at home.

Personally lost my game 1-4, thought I had a chance of winning that one but my scoring was a bit to inconsistant and also my doubles.

Had a chance to win another two legs, but missed a 134 (T19,T19, S10 Confused ) and also missed a few at D20 in another leg.

However, I enjoyed the game, it was fun and I had a chat with some players I had not seen for a few years.

Also got some advice off a very good player who was watching my throw, I will play around with that info in practice and see what occurs.

Good night out, shame about the result.

We have now cemented our place at the bottom of the Superleague ! Smile

Superleague and another loss 5-2 this week.

Personally lost 4-0 and I have to be honest it annoyed me this week.

Went 3-0 down and wasnt too concerned, was throwing good darts, my opponent was picking off the doubles quicker though.

Wired a few doubles that should have given me a couple of legs, but was not overly worried.

Then the fourth leg happened which I managed to lose by a mile and threw total crapola darts only getting a highest score of 45 !!!

WTF occurred there and why ?

It totally ruined my average, lost me the game and pissed me off as well.

Now I am dropped next week, will still have to pay even though I wont be playing and my average for the season has been wrecked. Angry 

I did not enjoy the last leg tonight.

Went to the CoLDA handicapped open last night as I'm looking to join their singles league when it starts in a couple of weeks time. I'm not sure what my true division in the league would be, but I recognised some names in the tables so suggested I'd be somewhere in the middle - and my handicap was set at this.

First round I got drawn against one of the players from the bottom division - he started on 501 and with the handicap I started from 651. I don't know if anyone has played a handicap event like this but this was my first time, and I've got to say starting that far behind is pretty daunting lol. My first couple of throws were nothing to write home about, then I started to find my range and in the end managed to win 2-1.

Next round the difference was only 50 points - 551 for me and 501 for my opponent - so not as daunting. Unfortunately I lost 2-0, but it was another great game that could have gone either way. So that was the playing over with, I stayed by the board and marked the next game up.

So my first venture into CoLDA opens for around 6 years and got to say I had a brilliant night, and depending on what happens with an x-ray on my knee next week I'll hopefully be joining the actual league in a couple of weeks time.
Mike hopefully the Knee is all good....if you want real competition The IDL is where it’s at .....Victoria,Southwark or Morden. I used to practice with a guy who played in the colda league and I once played in the handicap cup competition (it was run by The Colda but wasn’t league specific I went to support my practice buddy and ended up doing well) ...I liked the 651 start it makes you focus I was deadly and got knocked out by Deta Hedman in the semi final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Standard Flights.
Soft Tip: 17g Dartsclearance Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: winmau Blade 5
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
http://www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts
(06-27-2019, 06:30 AM)mc1958 Wrote: First round I got drawn against one of the players from the bottom division - he started on 501 and with the handicap I started from 651.  I don't know if anyone has played a handicap event like this but this was my first time, and I've got to say starting that far behind is pretty daunting lol.  My first couple of throws were nothing to write home about, then I started to find my range and in the end managed to win 2-1.

How do they establish your ranking wheres you havent played in that league ?
We’re you already ranked with your average ? after not having played in the league for some years? 
To be set with a 150+ Handicap ! Lol never heard of that...his average couldnt of been below 20 ?

COngrats on the win with the handicap. And Good luck with the knee
(06-28-2019, 12:46 AM)Gazzabnorthern Wrote: Mike hopefully the Knee is all good....if you want real competition The IDL is where it’s at .....Victoria,Southwark or Morden. I used to practice with a guy who played in the colda league and I once played in the  handicap cup competition (it was run by The Colda but wasn’t league specific I went to support my practice buddy and ended up doing well) ...I liked the 651 start it makes you focus I was deadly and got knocked out by Deta Hedman in the semi final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'll be coming in from the wilds of Essex then Spots & Stripes in Southwark would be ok as that's where the CoLDA event was, but I think Victoria and Morden would be too much of a stretch with various underground changes, etc.  With the CoLDA league I'd be able to choose my venues in the City, so I'm going to try and get most of the games played as close to Fenchurch Street station as I can as that would be a lot easier for me than Spots or the other venues (and probably cheaper too - £5.60 for pint down Spots, and I had several lol). 

Thinking back on the handicap I guess it did help focussing a little - just it was the first time I've played in a handicapped event and it felt a bit daunting being that far behind without even throwing a dart.  I should worry about 150 points though, I saw one of the players starting from 801 against 501 in one match (he was from the top division) and he still won.  I'm definitely up for it again sometime (there is actually another next Thursday but I can't make that).

(06-28-2019, 03:55 AM)CalixNL Wrote: How do they establish your ranking wheres you havent played in that league ?
We’re you already ranked with your average ? after not having played in the league for some years? 
To be set with a 150+ Handicap ! Lol never heard of that...his average couldnt of been below 20 ?

COngrats on the win with the handicap. And Good luck with the knee

The league is split into 8 divisions - Premier, Championship, Platinum, Gold A, Gold B, Silver, Bronze and Tungsten.  

Normally for any newcomers to the league they get you to play a match against one of the leagues existing players in order to assess what division you would be best suited for.  Basically if you are a county level player they wouldn't want to put you in the bottom division.

I didn't actually play the assessment match, I said when I put my name down that looking at the list of players in the divisions then at a guess my level would be silver or gold - and they used that for my handicap.  

It was pretty much an educated guess on my part as I play in a couple of London City pairs leagues and know several of them who also play in CoLDA, including some of my teammates.  I looked at the divisions and saw the names I recognised and based my assessment on that - plus a couple of my teammates have also suggested joining the league in the past and reckon I'm at least gold division level to start with.  One actually suggested I should be platinum division, but I thinks that's just because he wanted at least one easy win as he is a better player than me lol.

Now all I need is for Tuesday to go ok, although I reckon I should still be able to play a season or two wearing a knee support bandage if it does turn out to be arthritis or something else next Tuesday - although it seems it will take about a week after that to confirm any diagnosis (strange when docs in the hospital dramas on tv get x-rays 10 minutes after they have been taken and know exactly what's wrong lol)!!!
(06-28-2019, 07:58 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Now all I need is for Tuesday to go ok, although I reckon I should still be able to play a season or two wearing a knee support bandage if it does turn out to be arthritis or something else next Tuesday - although it seems it will take about a week after that to confirm any diagnosis (strange when docs in the hospital dramas on tv get x-rays 10 minutes after they have been taken and know exactly what's wrong lol)!!!

thanks for the reply. 
makes sense! sounds like a fair match set up then with the handicap. LOL ill be telling any A or B division players to handicap up next time im lucky enough to play one . lol.most gracious i get is a few practice shots and first throw LOL.

yea....they x-ray with radiologist technicians...send it to doctors.....really want a orthopedic surgeon to.be looking at those xrays. er doctors can miss stuff.

i wish it was like ln TV and you get a team of doctors on you lol
 i guess thats the US healtcare and $50,000 bill
....i just watched a Whistleblower episode on a 1-billion dollor medical scheme for doctors putting non medical grade titatnium bolts and pins into peoples bones for unecessary back fusions
.....$300-450,000 US operations. and they were using knockoff hardware and having middle.men go.find potential patients with work related injuries (i guess so the costs would be covere) ane also payed doctors and hospital owners kickbacks to perform the operations knowing they were unnecessary.. in California. but they are investigating Nationally

haha the week wait is fine now eh
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
Superleague again tonight, playing away against our A team.

Actually got to play tonight, some of our players were unavailable (Should have been dropped after last weeks performance)

We lost 6-1.

I was the one ! Shy

Played against one of my winter team players, and won 4-3.

My doubles won me the game, took out D20 twice in one dart for two legs, took out 107 (S20, T17, D18) for another.

The winning leg took out 76 (T5, T11 D14), Huh only way to go ? Undecided  ......

.....And then it all kicked off, my opponent (who is actually a good mate) threw a strop and accused me of putting him off and that pretty much set the tone for evening.

A grumpy, bad temepered encounter then ensued throughout most of the match.

Once my mate had calmed down, he did apologise, I told him he was a dick and we had a beer and a laugh about it. (To be fair his game is suffering at the moment and I can relate to that and how it is frustrating).

Anyway both teams shook hands at the end and everyone is happy again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gonna lose my mind.... Curtis8976 4 352 02-22-2019, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Taylor Win/Lose Record - Auckland SPOILERS! weswrestle10 1 767 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Did you ever lose your darts? Chardotz 10 3,025 08-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Cat