Win, lose or draw ?
Played my 1st singled tournament tonight.
Lost in 1st Rd to eventual winner. I played poor but got to witness some cracking darts 180's ton+ finishes and a 12 darter.

Something tells me I might have been out of my depth.
(09-06-2017, 12:50 AM)Dart_Vader Wrote: Played my 1st singled tournament tonight.
Lost in 1st Rd to eventual winner. I played poor but got to witness some cracking darts 180's ton+ finishes and a 12 darter.

Something tells me I might have been out of my depth.

Don't worry about that, you only improve by playing better players and it will be good for your game.
Back playing and having fun!

2018:-   180`s:-6 Shy ,   High Finish:-141 (T20, T19, D12)  Big Grin
Winter team sorted out now.

The team I was going to play for has fallen through, one of my mates who had got the other half of the team together has disappeared off the face of the Earth Huh  (I hope he is ok!)

Anyway, going to make up another team with one of mates and some of the people I played with over the Summer, it should be interesting, we have never played together as a team before.

I got a great prize at Finals night for coming runner ups in the league.....

.....It was a set of blue darts flights with "League Runners Up" on them Big Grin .

Anyone who won something got a set of different shaped, different coloured flights with what they had won written on them (180`s, Singles Winner, Highest Checkout, Pairs Winners, etc).

I thought this was brilliant and also very apt given the fun and friendly way the league had been played and run.

I will post a picture of them when I get a chance.

First game of the Winter league and a 10-4 victory for our team.....

.....It looked more convincing on paper than it was, there was some very close games that we stole a win on.

A rather flattering result to be honest and not entirely deserved.

Played our 3rd night of League last night. Won singles 501 and cricket, and doubles cricket. Our team won 7-6 in the night. We are battling two other teams for the number one spot. I am in first for individual wins and tied for first for Highlights. Hopefully we can keep it up. Lots of cool people in this division and its always fun to get out and throw.
-Ryan

DARTS: 
Target Pro League Keith Deller 21gm
2017 FALL LEAGUE HIGHLIGHTS: 
180's = 1
Best Out = 102 = T20 - 2 - D20
Singles Record = 10 - 2

A very lucky 6-8 win tonight.....

.....To say the match did not go according to our game plan is a massive understatement!

We started off the match by losing all 5 singles games to end up 5-0 down (No-one could checkout).

We then won 3 of the 4 doubles matches to make the score 6-3.

This left us needing to win all 4 trebles matches and the team game to get a win.

We were very fortunate and won the lot to record a totally undeserved 6-8 win.

It was one of those nights were the whole team decided to have an off night together, we were lucky and jammed the win.

We were winning last night, but the game was cut short when an opposition player received news one of his relatives had died suddenly.

The result was kind of irrelevant to all involved then and the match was abandoned.

Difficult to know what to say really, we shook hands and offered our condolences.

(10-17-2017, 07:12 PM)F4tboy Wrote: We were winning last night, but the game was cut short when an opposition player received news one of his relatives had died suddenly.

The result was kind of irrelevant to all involved then and the match was abandoned.

Difficult to know what to say really, we shook hands and offered our condolences.

I would say your team handled it as well as could be expected.  No winners under the circumstances, and the right thing was done...
It was the 5`s match this week in the league.

I was going to sit it out, the team are the current 5`s champions and wanted to play the same team to defend the title.....

.....Seemed reasonable to me, I was happy to go along for a night out, have a beer and cheer them on.

Anyway, due to a bit of an administrative chickadee up, one of our players had not played enough league matches to qualify to play.

I was asked to step in (Luckily my darts were in the car!).

So we played our way through to the last two teams remaining, I hit the winning double (D4 Blush ) and we now have a final to play at the end of the season.

Havent posted in this thread in a while so time for a quick update...as a team we are undefeated in the league W3, D1, L0 and have reached the Semis of both cups so started the season well. Personally im W5, L1 so going ok. The game i lost i was beat 2-1 in 16 and 18 darts so no real complaints as I went close. Roll on the rest of the season Smile
[Image: Screenshot_2016-05-18-13-32-16_1_zpsr8vibhtm.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gonna lose my mind.... Curtis8976 4 354 02-22-2019, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Taylor Win/Lose Record - Auckland SPOILERS! weswrestle10 1 769 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Did you ever lose your darts? Chardotz 10 3,029 08-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Cat