Win, lose or draw ?
League again last night and it was the big local derby against our club's othe A Grade team.

We lost our doubles to a better team although we had a couple of darts at doubles.  I had one shabby visit but threw OK.

Lost my opening singles although kept myself in the hunt throughout.  Felt like I threw OK.  Not great but OK.

Was rested for round two of the singles.

In A Grade it's best of 21 games.  After 15 games (3 x doubles, 6 x singles, 6 x singles) we were 9-6 up and I was scheduled to throw in the last leg.  The opening games were split when our best player won and our captain lost (10-7).  We were pegged back to 10-8, then 10-9 and then 10-all.  So it all came down to me...

I was feeling pretty nervous but managed to keep throwing OK.  I was trailing a bit when from 192 I hit a 140 then came back, took careful aim, hit the middle of single 12 and then the middles of double top.  Very satisfying.  We were both pretty nervy in the next leg but I managed a couple of solid 60's to keep in it.  He had 3 darts at tops which he split to leave double 10.  From 94 I hit T3, T17 but missed D20 for the match.  When he returned for D10 he went 2 inches off the board, then wired it, then missed comfortably.  I came back and won it but I can't for the life of remember what I hit!

My heart was pounding by the end but it felt like my coming-of-age at A Grade.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Nice job Banz it's a great feeling to win a match like that all the way down to the wire.
Like others have said, I'm also no good if I just turn up in the Nick of time and throw. I need minimum 20 mins of solid throwing until I feel warmed up.
Not a match but I had 5 legs practice against myself last night, managed to beat my PB 3 dart average hitting 69.5 which I'm chuffed with, still a bit gutted that I haven't managed to hit that elusive 70 mark but I'm sure it will come in time then I'll be aiming for 80.
Managed to break that elusive 70 avg while practicing today, hitting 73.5 over 5 legs. Also managed a 14 darter which is also a PB. After 3 legs I was on 93 avg so when I realized, I think I must've pooped myself a bit hence the downward spiral to 73, still chuffed with that though.
Well last night was an interesting one. Singles round robin tournament, play 5 players x3 times, 1 point for each leg won. I'm drawn first against someone who beat me 3-0 in a previous tournament. It was payback time, I beat him 3-0 this time. Next opponent, again I win 3-0. 3rd opponent, my turn to receive a 3-0 hammering by the eventual winner of the group. 4th opponent, I win 2-1. I should of had that won 3-0 but I got myself in a pickle at the end and he came from nowhere to hit the double. It's now down to the last game, me and my opponent both tied with 8 points, first to 2 qualifys. I win the first leg, he wins the 2nd. It's now down to the final leg of the night. Now the nerves have well n trully kicked in. 45s all the way down. I managed to hit 105 at the end to leave me double top. He's also left himself double top, couldn't be closer. Unfortunately that's where it went wrong for me, I fluffed my shot, missing the board, then hit a 5, then a 3 to leave 32. No 2nd chances were given tho as he took out tops with 2 darts. Game, set n match to him.
We played the top team and I got their second best player in the doubles. We lost. Got him again in the first singles. At 1-1 in legs I threw a seemingly perfect dart at D10 and wired it. He took his double out. Got him again in the second singles and bounced out of the bull for a 122 but that was as good as it got in a 2-0 defeat. Got him again in the singles and played too scrappily to have a chance.

He hit 18 tons that night.

Odds on getting the same player 4 times is 1 in 3 x 1 in 6 x 1 in 6 x 1 in 6.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

On Wednesday we played the bottom team.

In doubles I partnered the guy who played with me in B grade last season. We didn't ever play together last year so it was good to play with him. We scored solidly, hit our doubles quickly and won 2-0.

I won my first singles 2-0 a bit messily on D1 both legs via the secondary route of 20's, 10's, 5's, and 2's. I don't seem to win many long legs so I was probably due.

I lost my next singles on the deciding leg. My opponent won the diddle and opened with a 140. I played the board and hit 60 after 60 but couldn't find the treble. He stayed ahead and closed it out.

I won my third singles 2-0 and played pretty well. In the second leg I buried my opponent with steady 60's. I visibly saw him striving to hit a big score, trying to force it, but that wasn't helping him much. My lead steadily increased and I won it on D5 with a dart that was beautifully thrown.

Really pleased with how I threw. Not just the wins and the overall team result but how I felt within myself. More like how I throw in practice.

We played one of the top teams in our league on Friday, including at least 1 county player. we are bottom. They beat us 11-0 in our last game so suffice to say, hopes were not high.
Incredibly, we actually got 2 darts at a double in the 801 triples. I had a good game with a ton and a 140 but we lost.
In my 601 doubles game, I was again playing well but my partner had a nightmare. I opened with a ton, partner got 9. I got another ton, partner got 9. I then joined in and hit 11, which he followed with 22. That was pretty much the end of that leg.
So, after the 2 triples games and 3 doubles games, we were 5 - 0 down.
I was paired against their 2nd best player in the singles but luckily for me, he wasn't quite on his game. I dipped a little as well and we only managed 2 or 3 trebles each on our way to a double. He got there first but, lying on 71 with 1 dart in hand, I hit a T13 to put a bit of pressure on. He missed D4 and I hit 16 on the wire and then planted the D8 for a win.
We lost 10-1. An improvement on last time!

I didn't play bad - a lot of tons etc., but my opponent drove me crazy when hitting some crazy numbers - he didn't hit 20s or 19s, but again and again T12, T14, T11...  Angry 

In all legs I could finish before him, but my psyche was totally devasted. I even lost a leg, in which I had 52 (normally I have no problem to finish it) while my opponent had something over 250... Final score? I've lost 2:3...
(04-05-2016, 12:56 PM)vojtech26 Wrote: Last night I want to forget... I was pretty confident before my game, because I played well in last few weeks and especially my finish is better and better, but my head failed (again)  Smile

I didn't play bad - a lot of tons etc., but my opponent drove me crazy when hitting some crazy numbers - he didn't hit 20s or 19s, but again and again T12, T14, T11...  Angry 

In all legs I could finish before him, but my psyche was totally devasted. I even lost a leg, in which I had 52 (normally I have no problem to finish it) while my opponent had something over 250... Final score? I've lost 2:3...

Hi vojtech26

Ok so you know how to fix it next time right? 

Don't look at your opponents' score if it's bothering you  Wink .

I wonder apart from your recent form, did you feel confident and think he was an easybeat beforehand?

I found out a long time never to count me chickens etc as now and again players that you normally beat comfortably can surprise you. Out of nowhere they start hitting a string of good scores and hit some unexpected finishes why? Well they try that much more to beat you and sometimes it works and if you allow it can dent your ego.

IF that was the case don't fret ...it all a learning experience and we know you"ll get him next time CoolTiger.

Best regards
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gonna lose my mind.... Curtis8976 4 522 02-22-2019, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Taylor Win/Lose Record - Auckland SPOILERS! weswrestle10 1 903 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Did you ever lose your darts? Chardotz 10 3,248 08-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Cat