Win, lose or draw ?
For a new team never to have played in league to force a tiebreaker with a team that has been together 4 years is pretty good in my opinion and something to build upon the rest of the way.

The jitters will ease as you guys/gals get more time at the line in league play and the newness of the whole experience starts to wear off a bit.   Just relax and have fun.     Remember, no matter how important a games outcome is to you, it truly matters not in the grand scheme of things and a loss should not be earth-shattering-------maybe a bit ego bruising though.
We actually were pretty proud of ourselves to have forced the tiebreaker. I was actually more upset with myself for not shooting as well as I know I can. I know I'll get over it though. We did have a great deal of fun, just a completely new experience for us.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Had a mare last night. Started of ok, in the 3s and doubles everything was going straight, 6 consecutive 60 scores. At some point during the doubles it all fell apart and i didn't improve during the singles. Lost 3-1. The nerves definitely got the better of me. Shame really as the team lost 5-3 against top of the league so if we managed one more result we would have Got a draw. Somehow managed to hit 5 or 6 100+ in between all the dross.
Where is the option for complete failure? 

Not really a "match report" so to speak, but got drawn for the triples shot at my local blind draw - 1155 per dart and got triple 1 to shoot out - first dart was on the left side of the board, second in the trip 18 and third in the 1 but above the triple.  Only the second time ever picked and completely failed.
Started of in the x3s pretty well this Thursday hitting 140 first shot, a few 45s and 60s in between then taking out the double with first dart. 1-0 to us against top of the league side. I was first up in the doubles which me and my partner managed a convincing 2-0 win. My singles came around, by this time we was 3-1 up. I got the first leg with some pretty good scoring, 2nd leg the nerves kicked in and I couldn't hit a barn door, so it went to 1-1, I then went 2-1 up. He outscored me in the next leg but I caught him him leaving myself tops with 3 darts in hand for the match. I usually aim for 1 over 1 in, but this time I thought, aim low as I don't mind double 10, to my surprise it went straight in. Game set and match. Was now 4-1 to us with 3 games to play. Their next player was another level, he hit to 180s in, a 117 checkout and even managed a 14 darter. Needless to say it was now 4-2 even though our player did nothing wrong by hitting straight 20s all the way through. Unfortunately we lost the last 2 games so it ended as a 4-4 draw which we was happy with considering they are top of the league.
After forcing a tie and losing the tiebreaker in our first match, we proceeded to do exactly the same thing in our second one. This time it was against the defending division champions.

Third match went down a storm though as we defeated our opponents by a match score of 23 - 6. Good enough to put us in 3rd place. I think the nerves of playing league are starting to settle down and we're getting to some serious dart throwing.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Week three of league on Wednesday. We'd started with a couple of resounding wins including taking the first 15 games in week 2. (We play 501, 3 x doubles, 18 x singles so 21 points on offer.)

This week was tough though. The opposition are one of the better sides and will up around the top come the end of the season... We lost our doubles game and I never really got going despite throwing well during warm up. Still really nervous.

In my first singles we were 1 leg all. I hit the bullseye in the diddle to get the throw. We were closely matched in the scoring until I hit a 140 to pull away. Took out my double third dart after putting the first two on the wire. Actually felt like I was throwing quite well.

I'd had a look at last season's stats and saw that one of their players had one of the best win/loss records in A Grade. I drew him and he beat me quite easily although I was throwing OK. It was a bit of a blur but I think I took a leg of him.

Drew the same guy in my final singles and he beat me again. I played better but so did he.

We got beaten pretty comfortably and a few of the boys under-performed.

I got talking to the guy who beat me after the match. I use Duzza Durrants which are basically a Bristow dart. He told me that he too uses a Bristow dart... the ones he won off Bristow himself in an exhibition in 1979. No idea if it's true or not but if it is he can add my name next to Eric's on his list of scalps.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Shaky start to my singles league after 2 matches sitting at 2-8, but don't feel too bad about the way I am playing.  We play best of 3 format to start and finish and best of 5 - 301, 501, and cricket in the middle.  Pretty much all of the sets I have lost have gone to the final leg except one.

Take away - find some focus in those final legs and seal the deal -
My last league match recap. A night to forget....

Started out by stopping at my home watering hole to warm up and meet my teammate whom I planned to drive with to our match, 1/2 hour away. We plan to leave at 7:00 so that we arrive by 7:30 allowing 30 min to warm up. I am the type who like to be early for anything.

My bad fortunes begin when I have a bounce out and the point snaps flush. I have to go to a backup set that I'm not comfortable with.

Then my teammate doesn't arrive on time, doesn't answer his cell. Finally about 7:15 he answers his phone - had taken a nap and just woke up. Arrange to meet at the match. I arrive about 5 min before match begins - stressed over being late, no warm ups, broken point and to top it off I have to remain sober (driving).

First match, I draw one of the top players in the area in 501 singles. Hold my own (mostly cause he was off his A game) but lose. Rest of the night, my play was just aweful, losing all 4 of my matches.

A night to forget.
(02-22-2016, 03:23 PM)Woody Wrote: My last league match recap. A night to forget....

Started out by stopping at my home watering hole to warm up and meet my teammate whom I planned to drive with to our match, 1/2 hour away. We plan to leave at 7:00 so that we arrive by 7:30 allowing 30 min to warm up. I am the type who like to be early for anything.

My bad fortunes begin when I have a bounce out and the point snaps flush. I have to go to a backup set that I'm not comfortable with.

Then my teammate doesn't arrive on time, doesn't answer his cell. Finally about 7:15 he answers his phone - had taken a nap and just woke up. Arrange to meet at the match. I arrive about 5 min before match begins - stressed over being late, no warm ups, broken point and to top it off I have to remain sober (driving).

First match, I draw one of the top players in the area in 501 singles. Hold my own (mostly cause he was off his A game) but lose. Rest of the night, my play was just aweful, losing all 4 of my matches.

A night to forget.

Sounds like one of those nights.

I hate to make excuses but I have had a similar experience of turning up late due to picking up other people who were not ready. I arrived 2 minutes before the game started, had literally 9 darts at the board and then was straight into doubles. There was no practice board so apart from 6 or 9 darts between games I just played. And I was terrible, just could not get anything going.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gonna lose my mind.... Curtis8976 4 354 02-22-2019, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Curtis8976
  Taylor Win/Lose Record - Auckland SPOILERS! weswrestle10 1 769 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Did you ever lose your darts? Chardotz 10 3,029 08-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Cat