Adjusting the weight of your dart?
I saw a video here on DNF showing how you can add weight with tungsten putty.  Has anybody tried to remove weight from a barrel in your home shop?
Yes. Quite a few of us have had our darts drilled out to reduce weight.
(01-27-2016, 06:24 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Yes. Quite a few of us have had our darts drilled out to reduce weight.

Try Dremel to drill them but in case you make a mistake. . .tungsten putty can fix them.

Or I would seek help of Matt - Hands on Darts. He is US based so contact him: mattj@Hands-On-Darts.com
(01-27-2016, 06:24 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Yes. Quite a few of us have had our darts drilled out to reduce weight.

Does anybody do it themselves, or are they always sent out?
(01-27-2016, 07:58 PM)majeek Wrote:

Try Dremel to drill them but in case you make a mistake. . .tungsten putty can fix them.

Or I would seek help of Matt - Hands on Darts. He is US based so contact him: mattj@Hands-On-Darts.com

I suspect it's just a matter of not ruining the threaded part of the inside of the barrel
(01-27-2016, 09:11 PM)MadMike4 Wrote:

Does anybody do it themselves, or are they always sent out?

Jugger and Leaky have access to a metal lathe. So they've done some. 

I've always sent mine out. It's super cheap now that I have someone in the USA that can do it.

In the UK it's Madhouse for sure.
on a similar vein, how much weight would adding extra rings grooves take off a dart.... obviously this will vary depending on a lot of things but I was wondering if it might be possible to take a gram or two off doing this .. or would it be just .5g or something quite small?
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite weight of dart? DanGoldsmith180 67 10,523 12-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Help on the weight of this dart. Jonny180NZ 2 353 07-17-2018, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Jonny180NZ
  Dart weight question. robble 2 432 01-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Last Post: robble