Phil Taylor Signing Boards?
If, as Sabre says, he's giving them away.....why don't they auction them off for charity? I'm sure a bit of dosh could be raised from selling them off. I find Taylor to be a little bit of a mystery, at times (interviews) he comes off like a complete twat, at others he seems like a guy who you'd buddy around with. I think maybe it's a little of both. Can't deny the impact he's had on the sport. Safe to say that without Taylor the darting world might still be living in relative obscurity.
Match Darts:
Barney Phase5 25g
Best Leg 15 darts 501
Highest Checkout 145
Favourite double 16
I'm only here for the reviews.

My one thought is, when he loses I think he tries to leave the stage as quickly as possible and let the winner have their spot.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
(01-27-2016, 08:17 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: My one thought is, when he loses I think he tries to leave the stage as quickly as possible and let the winner have their spot.

Unfortunately though his opponent cant do that if Taylor beats them.  He has to suffer the whole circus of taking down the board and be made sign it.  If you do not you look like a sore loser.

I assume he gives them away.  If he does I'm sure who ever gets it would be happy with a board two top pro's signature regardless who won or lost.

Do it all the time or he should not be let do it at all.
Rant over lol
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I wonder what they do with the boards after a match is over
(01-27-2016, 08:31 PM)Cyanide Wrote: I wonder what they do with the boards after a match is over

The boards in a Wade/Thornton match are fit to be tossed in the bin, at least in the 20 wedges condition.
(01-27-2016, 03:19 PM)*Saber* Wrote: He gives them away and I think thats nice IMO.

You're right they usually go to someone in the audience or I've seen them auctioned off for charity before and I don't think anyone takes issue with that at, it's all very nice. 
The problem comes when it only takes place after a Taylor win, never when he loses and never after a game between any 2 other players. That reeks of hypocrisy.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
(01-27-2016, 03:46 PM)Butkus Wrote: I find Taylor to be a little bit of a mystery, at times (interviews) he comes off like a complete twat, at others he seems like a guy who you'd buddy around with.

You just described me and most of my friends to be totally honest. We all make a twat of ourselves at times, it happens and you laugh about it afterwards and just take the piss out of them for it. 

To me he just seems like your typical, likeable but grumpy/annoying but kind, West Midlands Grandad.  Smile
.......................................................................................................................................
Darts: Red Dragon Recoil 25g, Red Dragon Andrew Gilding 25g. Stems: Harrows Supergrip, Flights: Harrows
I have noticed in recent tournaments that the losing opponent is not being asked to sign the board anymore? I could be wrong! Smile

Cheers MJ
Current set up:
Darts: Unicorn Kyle Anderson 23g
Stem: Clic medium
Flight: Clic
It is a charity thing. Who wants a losers dart board? LoL.
Match Darts: Target Carrera C3 25g
Shafts: L-style carbon locked
Flights: L-style champagne shape C3 dimple

High in: 160 Matchplay / High out: 170 Matchplay
He will be known as the Adam West of darts