My board has a big bulge in it.
Thumbs Down 
I don't know why or how it happened but on my board between the 14 and 9 there is a massive bulge with  the bristles. There is smaller ones on the 8 and 12 segment also. Can anyone tell me how this happened or if there is anything you can do about it. I'll post some pictures later on.
Don't know how it happens, but the best thing you can do is get yourself a new board
(11-22-2015, 05:16 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks, I'm off to the shop
I had a board like that too, I don't know the exact cause but I think it has something to do with the glue holding the sisal in place.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I have 2 small bulges on my Winnie Blade4. They don't effect the darts sticking.
Perform surgery. It might be a board cyst! Smile
(11-22-2015, 05:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Spot on Darren the sisal was not embedded deep enough in the glue during manufacture and moisture / humidity has caused it to swell in one spot and pull away from the glue backing base so it'll look more like a crown green bowling surface Big Grin

The older boards often found in UK pubs were made using very poor adhesives and some silly landlords who would even soak what they'd call their 'bristle' boards a few days before a match to 'freshen them up and help reduce fall outs.......... Crazy though it sounds I know, but a lot did this. Big Grin

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Is your board by a heat source? I had 3 boards in 6 months before I realised they were right by hot water pipes which were softening them up.
Twitter - @OH_THAT_DAVE

Instagram - @OH_THAT_DAVE
(11-22-2015, 09:10 PM)The Egg Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Funny you should say that I remember the landlord of my local bought a new board and 'done up' the dart area and to finish it off put a large spotlight  Tongue just above the board after a couple of weeks the board looked like the lake district 'cos he'd used a bathroom heater lamp......I tell ya some of these landlords were thick as planks.....but still great blokes at the same time Big Grin
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Had that too - moved the board away from the pipes, right next to a wall lamp. I thought it was brilliant until i realised the heat the bulb was giving off, melted the whole left side. I could push the darts into the 19 it was bulging that much!
Twitter - @OH_THAT_DAVE

Instagram - @OH_THAT_DAVE

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blade 5 bulge thurgood107 19 1,659 10-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Last Post: The Fox
  bulge in new dart board whippet0 20 1,058 09-18-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: GONKO