Robson Plus Flights?? A new sort of Cosmo flight
thanks for the update Omp

i don't know whether or not you use Storm points, but for me they are a must if you are going to use any kind of fixed flight system like these or Cosmo etc. even then i still suffered damage to my Cosmo flights and i only uses 22g o'shea darts which are not aggressive in any way. that is the main reason i switched back to standard flights and shafts.

many on here who use them a lot more than me use storms and some king of spinning shaft and have flights last a very long time.
Darts:  Datadart Icon 24g Modified to 22g with three extra rings and shortened to 49mm
Shafts: Mission Nylon medium 
Flights: Mission logo 100 No.2 

[Image: op13lZ6.png]
I used my 24g Alan Glazier Shark Machines with standard points.
Like I said, the spinners helped but I didn't like Target Top Spins. The stiffer Supergrips landed much straighter than the top spins which went into the reject drawer after 30 minutes of use.
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
(11-20-2015, 05:05 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Has anyone tried the new Target "Pro Grip" spin shafts ,,,,?

Are they on sale anywhere? I can't find them at the usual outlets
Darts:  Datadart Icon 24g Modified to 22g with three extra rings and shortened to 49mm
Shafts: Mission Nylon medium 
Flights: Mission logo 100 No.2 

[Image: op13lZ6.png]
I am Expecting my shipment of New Robson+ flights any day now ,,,I ordered a set of Shape and a set of
Fantail to try,,,,,
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
I have a review upcoming but I want to do it in 2 parts so I will have to report back after using them, will post the first part soon though Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Just got a set of the no.6 standard and the large standard... Meh.

I've tried cosmos and now these with the new Harrows Progrip spin and to be totally honest, I was less than thrilled with any of them. I like the ability to use the Robsons on any shafts, but the flights broke fairly large chunks out of the leading and trailing edge within an hour. The cosmo fit flight airs held up better than the Robsons, but gosh they're expensive.
Not thrown mine yet but hope they last longer than that, they are not so cheap and I bought 2 sets so will have to see, I have had some Cosmos lasts for weeks and some that broke on my very first throw so I just don't know if its bad luck or not, I still bought more and found that the spin shafts helped prolonged the flights life the best but not every likes the spinners which is understandable.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-06-2015, 03:11 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I still bought more and found that the spin shafts helped prolonged the flights life the best but not every likes the spinners which is understandable.

I tried the Robsons with the Pro-grip spin shafts in short (my normal length) and medium (just to try). They are crazy stiff though, so I'm not sure they made any difference compared to the standard Pro-grips. And like I said, I lost chunks off the leading and trailing edges of both sets of Robsons within an hour of use with the "spin" shafts.

I still would like to try some of the l-style/laro shafts and flights to get a complete comparison across all of the major options for these molded/anti-robinhood systems, but at this point I'm leaning towards going back to my cheap clear dimplex shafts.
I keep saying "Pro-grip", but the entire time i meant the Harrows Supergrip and Supergrip Spin. Sorry for the confusion.
I hope to have a go with the Robson flights today but I will be using the Neon 2 darts with the Gripper 3 stems

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

My Robsons have had a good run out over the last couple of weeks. For me, they are just too brittle. Little chunks are being taken out leaving the trailing edge looking very ragged. I've been trying Cosmos for a few days and they have a little more flexibility which suggests they will last a bit longer.
I've tried loads of fixed flight systems and stuck with cosmos for quite a while before moving on to L-style which was my flight of choice for a long time. More recently I was using target pro grip stems with Unicorn super maestro 125 micron flights and was holding out for the release of the SuperTrue flights. These were delayed and I opted to give the Robsons a go.

To be honest I can't see me going for the SuperTrues any time soon now as for me the Robsons are great and as I use storm points, mine have no damage at all other than a few scuffs here and there but their shape is holding up very well and their flexibility is the best I have encountered with fixed wing flights.

The thing I see with the SuperTrue flights is although the shape is my favourite flight shape, it appears to be the only system that gives no robin hood protection and I see stems getting damaged with them. for me at the moment I am able to go to my matches with my darts set up in a simple drop in wallet with no need for anything else, except just some spare flights (normal Unicorn super maestros) just in case I damage a flight, but I don't fear that too much as they have been going strong for weeks now!
[Image: tmq2g1Yl.jpg]
Bump for more Robson Plus opinions

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight shapes and flight trajectories and land angle B2B180 6 389 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF
  Cosmo Fit Flights and Shafts Education dhutcheson 2 220 11-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Last Post: dhutcheson
  robson flights bdebbane 14 1,069 05-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  New Robson's? Ted Woodside 7 1,215 01-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  WTB Darren young 2 Limited Edition Cosmo Fit Flights allendoc 3 693 07-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Last Post: BDG
  Robson's = More Deflections? Ted Woodside 8 1,170 03-31-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  WTB Darren Young 2 Limited Edition Cosmo Flights allendoc 4 744 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: allendoc
  Custom Cosmo Fit Flights CosmoFitFlight_4Life 2 1,516 08-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Non fit flights on Cosmo shafts? Mdntpny23 2 720 06-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Mdntpny23
  Target make a new flight......by using the best bits from Harrows flights rich345 17 4,526 04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Last Post: ThemadhooseDBL1