Robson Plus Flights?? A new sort of Cosmo flight
(11-15-2015, 05:03 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Oh Ya,,, they keep their shape ,,, and fit tight on every stem I have tried them on,,,,,

Thank you, i bought them yesterday, and i like them!
Darts land better on the board now, and they look nice Smile
Darts: Target 9five gen2 26g
Flights : Robson plus purple
Received mine yesterday but have only had a few throws with them. I put them on some Progrip shafts and they seem to fit nice and tight. A bit worried that the stiffer flight might cause some heavy deflections but I haven't grouped my darts close enough to form a clear opinion yet!......to be updated
(11-17-2015, 11:08 AM)Omp Wrote: Received mine yesterday but have only had a few throws with them. I put them on some Progrip shafts and they seem to fit nice and tight. A bit worried that the stiffer flight might cause some heavy deflections but I haven't grouped my darts close enough to form a clear opinion yet!......to be updated

I really am curious about this as well,,,,with all the major players Target,Harrows,,,,ect.,,,coming out with new spinner type shafts,,, I see no reason not to try these with the Robson flights and try and diminish the chances of hard deflections,,,,,
[Image: w3A1Oz5.gif]
I think your best bet would to use any type of spinner shaft for deflections and wear
(11-17-2015, 03:26 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think your best bet would to use any type of spinner shaft for deflections and wear
I've taken that advice and ordered a few sets of spinners. I'd been wondering about them anyway as I've never tried them before. Any excuse for another darts-related purchase!
(11-17-2015, 06:07 PM)Omp Wrote:
(11-17-2015, 03:26 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: I think your best bet would to use any type of spinner shaft for deflections and wear
I've taken that advice and ordered a few sets of spinners. I'd been wondering about them anyway as I've never tried them before. Any excuse for another darts-related purchase!

That's the Nutz spirit,,,,,Smile
Can anybody tell me if the "standard" flight is the traditional large standard shape or the Harrow's type "shape-standard"?

Edit: Sorry guys we don't have much by way of actual terminology here in the US and I've never heard the no.6 referring to a flight.  I guess the "no.6" is the Harrows-type "Shape" equivalent, while the "standard" is the larger traditional standard size.  Can someone please confirm this?  Thanks!
Four pages of comments and nobody can give a response about the sizing of the flights? I know I'm not asking something like "what dart should I buy" or "what's the best nylon stem" but i figured somebody in this thread could at least help out a little bit. Anybody? Please?
(11-19-2015, 10:30 PM)AWESOMENAR Wrote: Four pages of comments and nobody can give a response about the sizing of the flights? I know I'm not asking something like "what dart should I buy" or "what's the best nylon stem" but i figured somebody in this thread could at least help out a little bit. Anybody? Please?

The Harrows I am thinking about is a little smaller.  It would be called a small standard, same size as Target.

Given the choice between the two, I prefer the larger one.

Unicorn also makes bigger ones, and Harrows makes the max air.

I use the max air on Terry Jenkins barrels.
(11-19-2015, 10:41 PM)BigE Wrote: The Harrows I am thinking about is a little smaller.  It would be called a small standard, same size as Target.

Thank you BigE!
They make both standard and small standard according to there website
The "el cheapo" 20 set lot on ebay are the big thin poly flights ,,, They are actually 1 of,,,, if not the largest standard size flight there is ,,,, so large that they will not fit a Unicorn brand metal "Slik Stik" without trimming the top slightly,,,, the Unicorn standard size flight is slightly smaller,,,, they also sell the "Big Wing" flights that still fit the "Slik Stik" but are shaped slightly bigger ,,, the #6 style flight is commonly know as the " Shape" style,,,,, and there again different manufactures will have slight variations of this style as well,,,,,,even the Harrows brand "Fantail" style flight will not fit the "Slik Stik" but the "Pentathlon" brand "Fantail" fits perfect,,,,,,,
I have thrown these for a 2 or 3 hours now and have a bit of feedback.
First thing to note is that the flights have securely stayed on each of the 4 stems I have tried (standard nylon, Target Pro Grip, Target Top Spin S-Line and Harrows Supergrip Spin). They are easy to put on and feel really secure in place.
With the fixed shafts, the deflections I was getting were quite severe. The use of the Target Top Spin improved this significantly but didn't eradicate it. The Supergrip Spins are not as loose as the Target Top Spin and meant that the deflections were worse but not nearly as bad as the fixed shafts.
Despite the deflections, every dart has made it to the board and obviously there were no robin hoods.
Now for the disappointing aspect. There is already a small chunk of plastic missing from the back end of one of the flight wings. It's only a small bit of damage - maybe 1mm x 2mm but it suggests that the flights may have to be changed more often than I hoped.
Do Cosmos have this same issue?
I'll try and get a pic up of the damage later.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
This is why i said you are probably gonna need a spinner shaft for these, they reminded me of L-Style which take a beating until i switched to a spinning shaft

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight shapes and flight trajectories and land angle B2B180 6 389 01-19-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: JAMSGOLF
  Cosmo Fit Flights and Shafts Education dhutcheson 2 220 11-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Last Post: dhutcheson
  robson flights bdebbane 14 1,069 05-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  New Robson's? Ted Woodside 7 1,215 01-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Last Post: SparkVendetta
  WTB Darren young 2 Limited Edition Cosmo Fit Flights allendoc 3 693 07-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Last Post: BDG
  Robson's = More Deflections? Ted Woodside 8 1,170 03-31-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  WTB Darren Young 2 Limited Edition Cosmo Flights allendoc 4 744 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: allendoc
  Custom Cosmo Fit Flights CosmoFitFlight_4Life 2 1,516 08-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Non fit flights on Cosmo shafts? Mdntpny23 2 720 06-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Mdntpny23
  Target make a new flight......by using the best bits from Harrows flights rich345 17 4,526 04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Last Post: ThemadhooseDBL1