Bugs solution?
(10-10-2015, 09:21 AM)Getagrip Wrote:
(10-10-2015, 12:23 AM)Dorian Wrote: I have to say that I'm missing so many of the features that were available that to me the whole site is flawed.
The management of the upgrade appears a total disaster it has been going on for over a month now and my enthusiasm is waning rapidly. Members have been asked to experiment with this theme and that theme and try this language etc...... to be honest I've lost confidence that it will ever be returned to the user friendly forum it once was.

My suggestion would be to reboot the original format, finish the design having ironed out all the issues first rather than expect members to do the final QA checks.

the problem is that the old theme worked only on old software.  The old software is no longer supported so that is one reason why it had to be upgraded as well as many others that are not visible to you as a normal user.

I am quite annoyed too and it has not helped with people moaning about the issue when we have spent hours trying to get it right, the whole issue is that only a handful of themes are usable with the updated software.  The reason for asking members to try them is to see what members liked best before we decided on a default theme.  For that same reason there is no way we can know what the problems are unless people try them and tell us.

I tried all the new themes and had no issues with any of them which has made it hard to see what problems people had so why the feedback was vital and the only way to get that feedback was to go live with them.

When the update was taking place there was an issue with the hosts which was not apparent at first so we went back to the original software version.  This going back had caused some issues but in the meantime we were checking the update offline.  As I said above the update was working fine for me with the new themes so we decided to go live with it then ask for feedback from members on the themes.

When we went live with the update it meant the database had to be transferred across.  This is when the problem with the hosts came to light and it was preventing the files being transferred.  After contacting the hosts we eventually got the database transferred to the new update but as the old theme is not compatible with the updated software it did not work right.

The new themes still worked perfect for me so we wanted feedback on those still.

Gada was going to help sort the problem last weekend but had an emergency job to do for a client.  Thankfully Kev stepped in and offered to modify the default theme to make it as close as possible to our old theme.

So the Dartsnutz 1.0 theme was born and installed the other day and worked fine for me but not some others.

I found out yesterday that it was due to the language setting and this I remembered was the same problem we had with the old theme and its because they have specific language files for each theme.  We had a lot of issues with the old theme which took time to iron out and you only joined after those issues were fixed but there were still problems that were left either because there was no fix or it was not such a big issue.

So if people use the Dartsnutz 1.0 theme and select American English then things should be working as they should be.

The only one thing is some old plugins that no longer work with the updated software such as fit on page which I added to old theme so it re-sized pics automatically.

Its always frustrating when things like this have to be done which is why we dreaded it and kept putting it off to the last minute but as support for the old software ended this October we had no choice.

Hi Darren
I have just returned to Australia after a hell of a long flight.....yes.... a bit jet lagged for sure and grumpy :dodgy:  also throughout the past 5 weeks or so I was frustrated at getting little snippets of information about trialing this theme and that etc, without knowing what was going on in the background hence my earlier post.

Now the full picture has been explained I'm more at ease, I only wish this level of detail had been communicated earlier on as I could have lived with the bugs.

Thanks for the response,

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

I did mention such things but may be not in as much detail as a lot of the things we had no idea about at the time it was only afterwards when things were coming to light, no worries as I understand I have had headaches and lots of eye ache from reading through all kinds of solutions and fixes etc so I am grumpy too Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Ah, time issue has been sorted! I can see when posts have been made now. Smile
[Image: SJPX5hS.png]

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Just got back into the game. Trying to decide what works for me after a while out!

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
We have to understand the fact that Dartsnutz provides a venue for us darters to interact. Service is absolutely free. There's no customer service around. The upgrade is necessary and inevitable and there is a few volunteer members here who are doing trial and error stuff to make things work well. I wish I can help but I am not an expert in anything about web, etc.

Fellow members, only thing that we can do to aasist them is holding ourselves back in exercising in patience. And hopes that we are the beneficiaries once these things start working well again. Frustrations are understandable but let's try to go back to all those positive thoughts.
I think the Dartsnutz 1.0 theme is working well now, I think we will maybe have a few changes with colours here and there but everything should be working as it needs to be now.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think the Dartsnutz 1.0 theme is great and I would like to thank all involved in getting the forum back up and running Smile
this is the best forum out there in my opinion and we will now push on and grow I am sure Smile
[Image: 15772798406_680313104f_c.jpg]

Member previously known as Daveheald

(10-10-2015, 02:26 PM)FireStorm Wrote: We have to understand the fact that Dartsnutz provides a venue for us darters to interact. Service is absolutely free. There's no customer service around. The upgrade is necessary and inevitable and there is a few volunteer members here who are doing trial and error stuff to make things work well. I wish I can help but I am not an expert in anything about web, etc.

Fellow members, only thing that we can do to aasist them is holding ourselves back in exercising in patience. And hopes that we are the beneficiaries once these things start working well again. Frustrations are understandable but let's try to go back to all those positive thoughts.

Hear! Hear!

While I did point out some things earlier, mistakenly or otherwise, I hope that I have not added to the frustrations.

You guys did a great job, even if it took some time. I'm sure you do this out of the goodness of your heart, for DNF  members, and it's a truly a thankless job for the most part.

For all of what you do, you have my respect, and whole-hearted thanks!

GREAT JOB, GUYS!!! 
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
Thanks Chris! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks guys! Smile
Kev deserves a raise. . .after I get mine!

Where's Larry?
I just returned home after what has been an exhausting week and a half and i must say the theme looks great. For a non-professional to make it work like the way i see it works...i mean cudos to whomever helped do this.
Kev made things work and this situation we are in is a by product of his ingenuity.

By all means he bears all the standards of a true professional by rising to the occasion at the midst of the need! Sometimes we call these kind of people "heroes".
By the way, welcome back, Gada!
(10-15-2015, 01:46 AM)Gada Wrote: I just returned home after what has been an exhausting week and a half and i must say the theme looks great. For a non-professional to make it work like the way i see it works...i mean cudos to whomever helped do this.

Cheers Gada!

Sounds like you had a busy time!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Personally I think you guys do a bang-up job on this forum and should all be commended.

I wish my skills were of a high enough level that I could help.

And by the way, I really like this new look. Seems a bit 'cleaner' to me. Might be because I just cleaned my glasses though. Smile
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II